Jump to content
VeX

[Script] Graffiti System

Should we have a graffiti script?  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we add this?

    • YES!
      31
    • No.
      7


Recommended Posts

+1 just make it so that admins get notifications somewhere about the tags, so they can check out if they are unrp or just troll.

Just now, meikstifdk12 said:

I don't need to upgrade my 8700k and 1080, but thanks for the comment.

Guess it can handle them, good then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noting that there is already a built in feature in the script provided which will allow admins to directly trace whoever did the Graffiti and punish them, aswell as erase everything they have done in the last 24 hours. You can also /gban I suppose. There is also a feature which allows admins to /gadmin to directly delete any graffiti they see. Players can /gclean to remove graffiti they have sprayed.

1 hour ago, meikstifdk12 said:

It will cause performance issues and a huge download upon login once the system is in place; all these are pictures that need to be loaded.

Tested on LegacyRP with absolutely no performance impact at all. They're only projection textures and are low in KB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VeX said:

Just noting that there is already a built in feature in the script provided which will allow admins to directly trace whoever did the Graffiti and punish them, aswell as erase everything they have done in the last 24 hours. You can also /gban I suppose. There is also a feature which allows admins to /gadmin to directly delete any graffiti they see. Players can /gclean to remove graffiti they have sprayed.

Tested on LegacyRP with absolutely no performance impact at all. They're only projection textures and are low in KB.

 

Says who? You may not know me under this screen name, but what I do know is that whenever that system was loaded, the client had to load over 100 mb of data.
I know what was on LegacyRP, and I know what performance impact it had. It may not have had a direct impact on your fps, but the download isn't small either, and I believe many people have limits on a service plan as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, meikstifdk12 said:

 

Says who? You may not know me under this screen name, but what I do know is that whenever that system was loaded, the client had to load over 100 mb of data.
I know what was on LegacyRP, and I know what performance impact it had. It may not have had a direct impact on your fps, but the download isn't small either, and I believe many people have limits on a service plan as well.

Then make it so that you can toggle the feature on or off from the F10 settings and you'd see the graffiti as a default one, and the other player still could place a note incase another player has disabled this feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VeX said:

Tested on LegacyRP with absolutely no performance impact at all.

 

1 hour ago, meikstifdk12 said:

I know what was on LegacyRP, and I know what performance impact it had. It may not have had a direct impact on your fps, but the download isn't small either, and I believe many people have limits on a service plan as well.

 

I wouldn't really compare Legacy's scripts to Owls & also where you felt it performed well it might have not performed well for others, this is why I said it would need to be tested. I do have to agree with your points though @meikstifdk12 and that's one of the reasons why I said earlier it should be limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not comparing the script of Legacy to Owl, I'm comparing what I know which is that it utilized images which have to be loaded. And unless it's hand-drawn in-game, they are way more than 10 kb a pop.

Now, I have no issues with the script itself being implemented, but I just know it has implications that need to be looked into. I liked the script itself, it's nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

then limit the file sizes, cant have graffiti thats like 9 billion MB, make it a small pixel count one, yes it may look slightly shittier but itll work better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JasonValkyrie said:

then limit the file sizes, cant have graffiti thats like 9 billion MB, make it a small pixel count one, yes it may look slightly shittier but itll work better

Wont look shittier if you compress the images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's cool, have had fun with this in another server.

 

Public Enemy Number 1 tags ( warning )

Spoiler

DgQNjoT.jpg

 

 

We used it not only for tags, but to add blood stains where needed, LSPD lines too, after raid on the doors.

Blood on walls and floor

Spoiler

KIGiWTi.jpg

p2w66zS.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, meikstifdk12 said:

I don't need to upgrade my 8700k and 1080, but thanks for the comment.

Then why whine about load times? 

6 hours ago, meikstifdk12 said:

 

Says who? You may not know me under this screen name, but what I do know is that whenever that system was loaded, the client had to load over 100 mb of data.
I know what was on LegacyRP, and I know what performance impact it had. It may not have had a direct impact on your fps, but the download isn't small either, and I believe many people have limits on a service plan as well.

limits on a service plan as well.  They be living in some third world countries then, limit how much you can download? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ToyYoda said:

Then why whine about load times? 

limits on a service plan as well.  They be living in some third world countries then, limit how much you can download? 

I don't think you get it. I don't give a shit about my own load times, what I care about is having players on the server to interact with, which will be less if the download to log in is huge.
As far as for me? Unlimited data plan, but believe it or not, many people who live in the US don't even have unlimited data plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think it would be an improvement to the server to have something like what LEGACY had, the graffiti system was pretty good because not only did the gang territories look a lot more.. you know.. gang-owned, but you could also put, say, leaflets on the walls and such, or maybe paint windows on a house, its' a good thing to have generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to this, but I think administration should be involved in the creation and production of tags anywhere, just to make sure it's not "FUCK NIGGERS" or some shit like that. This can easily be misused without administration supervision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flluroz said:

+1 to this, but I think administration should be involved in the creation and production of tags anywhere, just to make sure it's not "FUCK NIGGERS" or some shit like that. This can easily be misused without administration supervision.

Aslong as people RP what they write, and it's within good reason I think they should be allowed to spray it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.