Jump to content
DaLuppo

[Ramming people in order to rob them] - New Rule

Recommended Posts

OwlGaming.png

 

Rule Discussion

 



Subject:

Ramming people in order to rob them
 

I want to...:

New Rule

 

Elaboration:

I was thinking, there should be a new rule limiting this behavior, because it's quite stupid that you ram somebody at 100KM/H and pull up to rob him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaLuppo said:

How on earth is ramming somebody at that insane speed INTENTIONALLY to steal his phone and a couple hundred dollars not stupid?

You want to make an OOC rule to stop something that's ICly possible. If you're hit by someone who's going over 100, you should ensure that they're roleplaying proper injuries, airbags and vehicle damage. Seems like you're over exaggerating a lot here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnM said:

You want to make an OOC rule to stop something that's ICly possible. If you're hit by someone who's going over 100, you should ensure that they're roleplaying proper injuries, airbags and vehicle damage. Seems like you're over exaggerating a lot here.

I'm tryna limit it, because everybody and they momma are merciless killers that will break your bones for the $100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s quite stupid I agree. If people get rammed at high speeds just to be robbed they can technically roleplay their items of value being broken or ruined (that is if you’re on foot or on a bike). This is just a lazy method for people who don’t know how to rob people, ram them so they can resist or flee, crippling them and putting them in the hospital with severe injuries and trauma just so you can grab their cash and some petty items.

 

edit: 

this isn’t a yes or no vote but just my opinion. One thing I forgot to mention, if you get rammed make sure the rammer roleplays damages to their vehicle accordingly. If they hit you, you’ll likely roll over their windshield (or go through it, but that is less than likely to happen)  or hood and you’ll more than likely cause some varying visible damage such as minor to major dents.

Edited by DrJoseEviI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

It’s quite stupid I agree. If people get rammed at high speeds just to be robbed they can technically roleplay their items of value being broken or ruined (that is if you’re on foot or on a bike). This is just a lazy method for people who don’t know how to rob people, ram them so they can resist or flee, crippling them and putting them in the hospital with severe injuries and trauma just so you can grab their cash and some petty items.

 

edit: 

this isn’t a yes or no vote but just my opinion. One thing I forgot to mention, if you get rammed make sure the rammer roleplays damages to their vehicle accordingly. If they hit you, you’ll likely roll over their windshield (or go through it, but that is less than likely to happen)  or hood and you’ll more than likely cause some varying visible damage such as minor to major dents.

This.

 

I mean yeah it's stupid I completely agree, however we can't have a rule imo to stop it happening. However for players this does happen to they can roleplay negative effects due to this. Such as what Jose said in terms of broken items, damages to their vehicle - Sure us humans can be considered squishy but lets be honest you hit someone at high speeds your car will be damaged and there's a high risk if you unable to control the car straight after impact so can most likely hit other things before the vehicle stops - this however is always determined by how fast and type of car.

Edited by Vubstersmurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot them before they get the chance to ram you. Problem solved.

 

Anyhow, we shouldn't be making a rule to limit something, just ensure the person roleplays properly because they'll be hurt as well considering the air bag will deploy and disorient their character, if they don't RP that, then take some Screenshots and make a ticket on them..

 

And another thing, you can work around this. Maybe RP paranoid because of this happening all the time and when you see someone coming straight for you, jump out of the way and pull a gun and shoot at them. There are several things you can do to help prevent this ICly rather than OOCly.

 

I vote no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wingatar said:

Shoot them before they get the chance to ram you. Problem solved.

 

Anyhow, we shouldn't be making a rule to limit something, just ensure the person roleplays properly because they'll be hurt as well considering the air bag will deploy and disorient their character, if they don't RP that, then take some Screenshots and make a ticket on them..

 

And another thing, you can work around this. Maybe RP paranoid because of this happening all the time and when you see someone coming straight for you, jump out of the way and pull a gun and shoot at them. There are several things you can do to help prevent this ICly rather than OOCly.

 

I vote no.

excuse me what the fuck, roleplaying paranoid and shooting at everybody is more stupid than this whole ramming shit. I agree with Vubster and Jose and again, I only made this thread so we could discuss this and make those who would ram the fuck out of you just to steal a couple hundreds aware of how unrealistic it is.

2 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

May as well outlaw crashes all together with a rule because it hurts @DaLuppo's feelings otherwise.

Stay relevant fam, this hasn't happened to me in a while, I just see people constancy doing it and it kills my vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC is IC, if it's possible to do it IC I don't see why it should be limited.

 

If you can run someone over intentionally to hurt them, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to ram them to incapacitate them to rob them. Car is used as a weapon in this case, the analogy is shooting someone in the knee before robbing them only to make sure they won't run or fight back. It's all good as long as it doesn't break the PK-robbery rule.

 

I don't know where you got this idea from, but I've never seen anyone actually ram someone only to rob them. This is needed on low RP SAMP servers you come from where people do it twenty times a day and ignore RPing crashes, not here.

Edited by JayZawack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DaLuppo said:

Stay relevant fam, this hasn't happened to me in a while, I just see people constancy doing it and it kills my vibe.

Don't act like this suggestion wasn't made out of bias, it's obvious by the context in your first post that you've been upset over someone doing it to you. This suggestion is being taken as a joke because it rarely happens, yet when it happens to you apparently the entire community must be limited by a rule because your feelings got hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DaLuppo said:

excuse me what the fuck, roleplaying paranoid and shooting at everybody is more stupid than this whole ramming shit. I agree with Vubster and Jose and again, I only made this thread so we could discuss this and make those who would ram the fuck out of you just to steal a couple hundreds aware of how unrealistic it is.

Stay relevant fam, this hasn't happened to me in a while, I just see people constancy doing it and it kills my vibe.

I was giving you an idea on what you can do. There are several other ways of going about avoiding these types of people, that was just one of the many things you can do, to help keep yourself from getting rammed.

 

You completely looked passed the point I was stating and also the joke I started in the first sentence. Rather than complaining on forums, think of ways you can stop this or avoid it. Complaining here won't stop it, yeah you can argue and everything until you're blue in the face, but you have children on here who will do it more just because it pisses you off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC is IC, can't ban people from ramming someone with a car to rob them. It's like NOT allowing people to troll the courts. It's forbidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what was said about a rule being hard to be made about it. It's dumb, and unrealistic that someone can just smack you with their car, and take a few items off you, leaving you forced to RP injuries for a while due to a petty robbery. If it's RP'ed correctly though, there's not much that can be said about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's somewhat close to Deathmatching, he hasn't really got a personal IC reason to severely injure you/someone just to rob you, so while he doesn't kill you, the point stays practically the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

Don't act like this suggestion wasn't made out of bias, it's obvious by the context in your first post that you've been upset over someone doing it to you. This suggestion is being taken as a joke because it rarely happens, yet when it happens to you apparently the entire community must be limited by a rule because your feelings got hurt.

My man you just out there assuming shit, I'm telling you I've seen it happen a couple times and it simply isn't realistic, again, hop off a man's dick and stay relevant for once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnM said:

If someone hits you at 100kmh you're practically dead and their vehicle would be damaged to the point where it can't be driven away. However, there shouldn't be a rule against it, that makes no sense whatsoever.

depends on the car 

ot:

you can report people if you think their roleplay is unrealistic

Edited by maramizo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayZawack said:

IC is IC, if it's possible to do it IC I don't see why it should be limited.

 

If you can run someone over intentionally to hurt them, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to ram them to incapacitate them to rob them. Car is used as a weapon in this case, the analogy is shooting someone in the knee before robbing them only to make sure they won't run or fight back. It's all good as long as it doesn't break the PK-robbery rule.

 

I don't know where you got this idea from, but I've never seen anyone actually ram someone only to rob them. This is needed on low RP SAMP servers you come from where people do it twenty times a day and ignore RPing crashes, not here.

 

5 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

It’s quite stupid I agree. If people get rammed at high speeds just to be robbed they can technically roleplay their items of value being broken or ruined (that is if you’re on foot or on a bike). This is just a lazy method for people who don’t know how to rob people, ram them so they can resist or flee, crippling them and putting them in the hospital with severe injuries and trauma just so you can grab their cash and some petty items.

 

edit: 

this isn’t a yes or no vote but just my opinion. One thing I forgot to mention, if you get rammed make sure the rammer roleplays damages to their vehicle accordingly. If they hit you, you’ll likely roll over their windshield (or go through it, but that is less than likely to happen)  or hood and you’ll more than likely cause some varying visible damage such as minor to major dents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Syncer said:

That's somewhat close to Deathmatching, he hasn't really got a personal IC reason to severely injure you/someone just to rob you, so while he doesn't kill you, the point stays practically the same.

Nah, I can stab someone and rob them, to slow them down and make sure they dont reach for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.