noskill

Start selling vehicles for more realistic prices

Just now, ItsMelodyy said:

yeah because restricting things that are already severely restricted is definitely going to fix the idiotic prices for a vehicle that has over 10K miles on it. 

Perhaps it's just time people start taking the drop in value into account when you USE a car. Despite it being in prestine condition, it's NOT NEW.

o, meant make them easier for more modified cars which would drop their prices 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, Portside said:

You have to take into the consideration of Owl's economy, let's be frank half the server are millionaires. The economy has to be adjusted to the overall server banking of people. 

This still doesn't take away the fact that people have 0 regard for the mileage in vehicles. Or for the general triple or quadrupple-the-price rate in auctions for vehicles out of 2003. 👌

Edited by ItsMelodyy

On 10/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, iii said:

vehicle modifications even harder, exterminate ricers and enforce the expensive vehicles in ghetto areas deletion rule again

See, we kind of have a different view on this. I honestly think if they'd loosen up the modification requirements, most people would have those modified tin cans and it wouldn't be a tough task for a monkey to own their lovely famous shytline gt-r. It would drop the prices easily, because the market would be bigger. Banning them cars and making them hard to get is what bumps the prices up.

Another thing could be maintenance, mileage, but wait, this ain't no racing sim. We should not need this. The requirements should be dropped so there'd be less point to go install some parts from ebay to sell your civic for 400k so you can flex on your friends afterwards.

1 minute ago, termosas said:

Banning them cars and making them hard to get is what bumps the prices up.

This, there's little to no use in banning rare vehicles for, what i find slim to no reason. Could be I just don't get it properly enough but I personally see no reason in limiting the vehicle market to begin with by banning a boatload of vehicles.

1 minute ago, ItsMelodyy said:

This, there's little to no use in banning rare vehicles for, what i find slim to no reason. Could be I just don't get it properly enough but I personally see no reason in limiting the vehicle market to begin with by banning a boatload of vehicles.

I understand banning such vehicles as Pagani's, Bugatti's, Koenigsegg's or other hypercars. But I see no reason for a tool to be impossible to obtain an R32 Paol Wanker mobile, knowing that craigslist is filled with them.

1 minute ago, termosas said:

I understand banning such vehicles as Pagani's, Bugatti's, Koenigsegg's or other hypercars. But I see no reason for a tool to be impossible to obtain an R32 Paol Wanker mobile, knowing that craigslist is filled with them.

Even restricting websites such as craigslist would make sense, but I just can't think of a reason why for example a GT-R or an Shelby F-150 should be import banned... 

6 hours ago, ItsMelodyy said:

Even restricting websites such as craigslist would make sense, but I just can't think of a reason why for example a GT-R or an Shelby F-150 should be import banned... 

I believe it has to do with the idea that a non-modified vehicle is faster than some of the modified tin cans. Its sad, that cars such as Brabus models, Alpinas, and even Shelby’s are banned. I’d say the best way to be keep the car related laws the same as it is irl. Deny some models that where not sold in US or make them take lets say one month and loads and loads and loads of koney to register. Heck, they won’t even spawn you a grey market car that has been tested and gased and taxes paid and all the necessities done to it. Those cars are fairly expensive. Like if you’re looking at a grey market car in europe that is like 20k, back in us after all the paperwork is done and the vehicle is deemed road legal it costs like 50-60k. 

Other thing is premods, yeah I get the reason of not spawning them and it’s completely fine. But why in the world would you not spawn a stock car when there’s a dealership request having a link to a modified vehicle? What I mean is that some vehicles are really difficult to find being in stock form, and they won’t even take the price added on top of the value for spawning a stock vehicle. 

There’s just so many stuff in regards of VT and their spawning that I can’t even. 

It's not hard to figure out, come on; Pre-modified cars are banned to prevent every single headcase on the server with enough money from having one. Cars that are modified on the server required a thing called roleplay to create and is this not a roleplay server that should be influencing roleplay? The rule since its implementation has maintained a balance on the server, otherwise you get precious LEO retards austically screeching or the illegal John Wick stereotypes even louder.

The balance being not everyone has modified cars, and not everybody can build them either or would have enough patience to do so.

1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

It's not hard to figure out, come on; Pre-modified cars are banned to prevent every single headcase on the server with enough money from having one. Cars that are modified on the server required a thing called roleplay to create and is this not a roleplay server that should be influencing roleplay? The rule since its implementation has maintained a balance on the server, otherwise you get precious LEO retards austically screeching or the illegal John Wick stereotypes even louder.

The balance being not everyone has modified cars, and not everybody can build them either or would have enough patience to do so.

ResidentPeach easily summed it up here. Pre-modified cars prevent a lot of things and one of the biggest issues was pointed out, it prevents every single person on the server from owning a modified car which means it becomes basic and it's no longer a unique concept. Everyone goes on about how the server should influence roleplay yet they want to avoid vehicle roleplay completely by buying already modified cars rather than having something to work towards and have a sense of accomplishment.  Everyone goes about saying how hard it is to actually get through the modification process yet its not that hard to meet all the criteria needed and I've seen peoples modification requests which were utterly awful yet they go around complaining saying it's extremely hard to get past it. 

Pre-modified vehicles have come up in discussions multiple times and each time it ends with the same answer, its not getting removed, which is the correct answer. To anyone who has searched for cars for sale in the past, you know that once in a while you come against a modified vehicle which has no information regarding the car itself, or the modifications on the car, this would lead to people receiving these "modified" vehicles and then complaining saying they want it to be more powerful even though there's no information about the modifications or power input of the car (This used to happen a lot, listings would state there are modifications installed yet they wouldn't provide any information to back them up or show proof of power output such as a dyno sheet which makes it hard to determine the HP of the car) which is another issue as this means VT have to spend a lot more time, putting their focus on one "one modified" car which leads to vehicle spawns taking longer. 

The economy: I'm sure a lot of people will know that in the real car market, a lot of people generally prefer vehicles which are completely bone stock and pay more for clean examples opposed to those which have modifications done to them. But what does this mean? It means that users would be able to purchase a modified vehicle for cheaper than a bone stock example and this leads to more issues. Linking back to Ben's statement, everyone would opt out for buying pre-modified vehicles as they'd generally be cheaper and would be more powerful or have better handling which means the server is filled with modified vehicles.  This can also lead to people flipping these vehicles and abusing the "modified" status even if the modified vehicles arnt cheaper than the stock example. They'd specifically aim for modified vehicles, they would order them and then sell them off to someone who is none the wiser leading to large profits. I'll be using a Mustang as an example for this: 

Here is a 2007 Ford Mustang GT Convertible that is completely bone stock, has a manual transmission and 41,XXX miles. It costs $16,000

IhCid37.png

Now here you have a 2007 Ford Mustang GT Convertible which has a Stage 1 Roush Supercharger kit with a price tag of $20,500 which is only $4,500 more than the bone stock example. Which one do you reckon people would go for? 

oPltG7H.png

Another Example : 

Spoiler

BMW E39 M5

Stock :

HKRG0Qj.png

7LWUQyf.png

Hde28VE.png

Modified

5YvwYTQ.png

Now finally for the banned vehicles, There's a reason vehicles that can be ordered and purchased from player owned dealerships get banned and unbanned, this is the same reason NPC dealership stock gets switched around, for balance. When the Honda Prelude was added to NPC dealerships, those were the only cars you'd see on streets because everyone would get one with a token and this would lead to everyone having the same vehicle which means there's no variety. When Hellcats were unbanned, the server was instantly filled up with them and if I remember correctly, when they were banned, the joint total of them in game came up to about 25. When I banned R32s and MK4 Supras, there were 15 and 13 respectively. When Disappoint banned R33s, there were around 10 of them which shouldnt be the case considering the vehicle was only legalized two months ago, there shouldn't be 10 examples of the same car in such a small area. And yes, people will argue that "Oh, you see a lot of these in the US anyway" That's true but you have to remember that Los Santos isnt on the same scale as the entire US, Los Santos doesnt have a population of 325 million people or 50 states. You shouldnt see a Hellcat on every single road you drive down. Once again, its about balance, once the number of examples of a specific vehicle drop, they're unbanned. The number of R35s in-game dropped and they were unbanned, within the first few hours of them being banned, the only dealerships that were able to acquire them, Rennsport and Dinoco, they filled up around three batches each which means there were around 12 ordered within a few hours. To anyone wondering what the banned import list is, here you go: (This information shouldnt be used IC'ly as only dealership owners would be aware of this, this shouldnt be used to a financial advantage by selling a vehicle and stating that its import banned on adverts/auctions)

Spoiler

fBXws9G.png

TL:DR 

Ruins the economy, waste of time on vehicle spawns and imbalance. 

Edited by DxRK

On 10/21/2018 at 11:59 AM, EKWorks said:

how were you the fastest 14 years ago?

He/she wasnt, the first ones that arrive to the egg will weaken the wall and then one cheeky lil bugger will squeeze himself through.

I think people should've bought my skyline for 400k minimum.

On serious note, leave it as is. I guess the current VT is still understaffed so loosening up on the mod requests would stir that shit up even more. If you cant afford a car, no need to get salty at the people selling them. I can take that the issue here has been a ricebox you have not been able to acquire because as much as i know, importing a car for 300k will never sell for 300k again.

1 hour ago, Gazzeh said:

He/she wasnt, the first ones that arrive to the egg will weaken the wall and then one cheeky lil bugger will squeeze himself through.

I think people should've bought my skyline for 400k minimum.

On serious note, leave it as is. I guess the current VT is still understaffed so loosening up on the mod requests would stir that shit up even more. If you cant afford a car, no need to get salty at the people selling them. I can take that the issue here has been a ricebox you have not been able to acquire because as much as i know, importing a car for 300k will never sell for 300k again.

Fact 1 taken.

Never said I cant afford them, on the opposite but eh. If you cant beat em, join em

6 hours ago, DxRK said:

ResidentPeach easily summed it up here. Pre-modified cars prevent a lot of things and one of the biggest issues was pointed out, it prevents every single person on the server from owning a modified car which means it becomes basic and it's no longer a unique concept. Everyone goes on about how the server should influence roleplay yet they want to avoid vehicle roleplay completely by buying already modified cars rather than having something to work towards and have a sense of accomplishment.  Everyone goes about saying how hard it is to actually get through the modification process yet its not that hard to meet all the criteria needed and I've seen peoples modification requests which were utterly awful yet they go around complaining saying it's extremely hard to get past it. 

Pre-modified vehicles have come up in discussions multiple times and each time it ends with the same answer, its not getting removed, which is the correct answer. To anyone who has searched for cars for sale in the past, you know that once in a while you come against a modified vehicle which has no information regarding the car itself, or the modifications on the car, this would lead to people receiving these "modified" vehicles and then complaining saying they want it to be more powerful even though there's no information about the modifications or power input of the car (This used to happen a lot, listings would state there are modifications installed yet they wouldn't provide any information to back them up or show proof of power output such as a dyno sheet which makes it hard to determine the HP of the car) which is another issue as this means VT have to spend a lot more time, putting their focus on one "one modified" car which leads to vehicle spawns taking longer. 

The economy: I'm sure a lot of people will know that in the real car market, a lot of people generally prefer vehicles which are completely bone stock and pay more for clean examples opposed to those which have modifications done to them. But what does this mean? It means that users would be able to purchase a modified vehicle for cheaper than a bone stock example and this leads to more issues. Linking back to Ben's statement, everyone would opt out for buying pre-modified vehicles as they'd generally be cheaper and would be more powerful or have better handling which means the server is filled with modified vehicles.  This can also lead to people flipping these vehicles and abusing the "modified" status even if the modified vehicles arnt cheaper than the stock example. They'd specifically aim for modified vehicles, they would order them and then sell them off to someone who is none the wiser leading to large profits. I'll be using a Mustang as an example for this: 

Here is a 2007 Ford Mustang GT Convertible that is completely bone stock, has a manual transmission and 41,XXX miles. It costs $16,000

IhCid37.png

Now here you have a 2007 Ford Mustang GT Convertible which has a Stage 1 Roush Supercharger kit with a price tag of $20,500 which is only $4,500 more than the bone stock example. Which one do you reckon people would go for? 

oPltG7H.png

Another Example : 

Hide contents

BMW E39 M5

Stock :

HKRG0Qj.png

7LWUQyf.png

Hde28VE.png

Modified

5YvwYTQ.png

Now finally for the banned vehicles, There's a reason vehicles that can be ordered and purchased from player owned dealerships get banned and unbanned, this is the same reason NPC dealership stock gets switched around, for balance. When the Honda Prelude was added to NPC dealerships, those were the only cars you'd see on streets because everyone would get one with a token and this would lead to everyone having the same vehicle which means there's no variety. When Hellcats were unbanned, the server was instantly filled up with them and if I remember correctly, when they were banned, the joint total of them in game came up to about 25. When I banned R32s and MK4 Supras, there were 15 and 13 respectively. When Disappoint banned R33s, there were around 10 of them which shouldnt be the case considering the vehicle was only legalized two months ago, there shouldn't be 10 examples of the same car in such a small area. And yes, people will argue that "Oh, you see a lot of these in the US anyway" That's true but you have to remember that Los Santos isnt on the same scale as the entire US, Los Santos doesnt have a population of 325 million people or 50 states. You shouldnt see a Hellcat on every single road you drive down. Once again, its about balance, once the number of examples of a specific vehicle drop, they're unbanned. The number of R35s in-game dropped and they were unbanned, within the first few hours of them being banned, the only dealerships that were able to acquire them, Rennsport and Dinoco, they filled up around three batches each which means there were around 12 ordered within a few hours. To anyone wondering what the banned import list is, here you go: (This information shouldnt be used IC'ly as only dealership owners would be aware of this, this shouldnt be used to a financial advantage by selling a vehicle and stating that its import banned on adverts/auctions)

Reveal hidden contents

fBXws9G.png

TL:DR 

Ruins the economy, waste of time on vehicle spawns and imbalance. 

Thanks for explaining it :)

A few answers regarding my topic, but I believe you just didn’t really understand it all that well

When I was talking of a premod - why won’t you just spawn a stock car, if a premod is requested? When S13s-14s were unbanned, I gave it a shot for a while looking one to order for my dealership. It got denied because it was a premod, and when I asked is there an option that he could just spawn a stock vehlib (S14 I believe) I was told no, find another link. But dang, when you’re buying a car for the dealership, especially a junker, you’re trying to find a banger. Bangers usually have some mods done such as cut springs, or coilovers, or atleast a remap. And if you’re looking for a unmodified vehicle, the value of it is significantly higher. 

I understand the rules of not allowing premods to be spawned and it is completely right, but I would like it if there was an option to actually get a stock one for the price that the modified one is listed for. I mean I don’t even mind paying extra for them to not even have them. 

And the Premods of Brabus, Shelby. Come on, even if they are so-called premods because they are pre-modified stock performance vehicles such as a Raptor or something else, but they aren’t really all that special. Sure there’s rocketship limos as the Brabus Rocket 900 based on the S65AMG, but they would be denied because of the top speed rule because it can achieve speeds of over 200mp/h if I’m not mistaken. And furthermore, companies like Brabus, Shelby, etc. Aren’t some polish imigrant organised garage shitfest where they just use resistors to gain an extra few ponies, they are certified companies with factories, training and doing all other crazy stuff to their employees so their work has all the expected quality, it ain’t a garage done job. 

Just my two cents. 

On 10/21/2018 at 4:04 AM, EKWorks said:

Not buying your Escallade for a price of a 2004 Gallardo. Bye

Brand new Escalade costs as much as a 2004 Gallardo tho.

Make cars break down like they do irl. Let them deteriorate the higher mileage they are and make it cost money to repair them that requires a mechanic to RP it or anyone with knowledge on how to go about it. Introduce an upkeep or maintenance script for cars. The mileage doesn't have to be realistic obviously, but something reasonable with in-game driving habits. The higher the cost of the car, the higher the cost to repair it. Maybe that will make things more realistic and make people think twice about what they pay for cars and give them a reason to pay less than the previous owner did. I'm surprised nothing like this exists yet, honestly. Like some have said in this thread, there's enough millionaires in the economy in-game to pay a hefty price for cars second hand or not so leaving the problem to fix itself is non-existent unless somebody has another idea or there is an economy wipe which will make all statwhores go bonkers.

Edited by Spectre

27 minutes ago, ItzGinaa said:

vote with your wallet, dont want to buy something because its too expensive? dont buy it. You can decide if its worth spending more money vs importing it yourself.

Exactly.

Sure, I'd like to own a turbo civic that goes 280 km/h in-game... but no way in hell will I spend 100k on a car worth at-most 12k depending on how well-built it is.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

In my eyes, the economy as it is for cars right now is pretty stable. Sure sometimes someone will overprice a car but that is due to the rarity of the vehicle. For example only like 4 McClaren 720s, I mean if you want a car for cheap and no one is selling for the price you want, just search hard enough on the internet for the car and you'll find it. Otherwise find a new car haha.

** Buys a car for $1.200. - Modifies it for $5.000 to make the max speed 250. - Sells it for $500.000 ***

Sucks vehicle RP has always been about top speed and nothing else, dumb people.

2 hours ago, ZuclyaHD said:

In my eyes, the economy as it is for cars right now is pretty stable. Sure sometimes someone will overprice a car but that is due to the rarity of the vehicle. For example only like 4 McClaren 720s, I mean if you want a car for cheap and no one is selling for the price you want, just search hard enough on the internet for the car and you'll find it. Otherwise find a new car haha.

Pretty much that. You don't like the price. You don't buy it. Economy went through different variations so the fact we are sticking to that one for long af means it's somewhat stable enough. 

9 minutes ago, Neptune said:

** Buys a car for $1.200. - Modifies it for $5.000 to make the max speed 250. - Sells it for $500.000 ***

Sucks vehicle RP has always been about top speed and nothing else, dumb people.

And what makes the cars expensive af is the fact VCT is insanely serious and strict about the way the modifications go. Small mistake in the RP and your shit ton of lines are gone in the bin. And that's how it's supposed to be. It's super hard to find a good mechanic to do it for you too, therefor another raise of the values. And the people that know how to modfy vehicles are pretty much only doing it for themselves which is due to the fact they get more proffit or just more benefit in general of building only their cars. 

1 hour ago, BremboBG said:

And what makes the cars expensive af is the fact VCT is insanely serious and strict about the way the modifications go. Small mistake in the RP and your shit ton of lines are gone in the bin. And that's how it's supposed to be. It's super hard to find a good mechanic to do it for you too, therefor another raise of the values. And the people that know how to modfy vehicles are pretty much only doing it for themselves which is due to the fact they get more proffit or just more benefit in general of building only their cars. 

So? The value shouldn't go by the cars top speed? IRL it takes even more bullshit to get your car modded than just IG and same as IG, one mistake and your work goes to hell.
Cars price should be always determined by the value of it same as IRL - Mileage, Year, Model etc.
Modded cars should be just a bit bumped when it comes to the price. But sadly in the world of Roleplay, modded cars have 5000% higher price than they should have. In fact, IRL its harder to sell modded cars than stock.

I somewhat agree with you and overall. As you said in the world of Roleplay it's going different. And the IC way to take it is as I said ... you don't like the price, you don't buy it.