VeX

New way of obtaining guns system.

The current license system is slightly tedious. I've had an idea which i'm not sure about but i'm positive that it could work if done right.

1. Players will be able to purchase only handguns at 20 hours played. They will be expensive too, this is one of the methods to prevent misuse or otherwise DEATHMATCH.

2. A new command could be added to the server which prevents players from purchasing weapons altogether if they are found death matching with them and will have to appeal this on the support center. I.e Bernard_Franklin walks into ammunation and purchases his firearm. He then proceeds to kill everyone he finds. The admin issues his punishment for mass-DM and also /wbans him. A weapon ban would prevent him from ever holding a firearm again until it is appealed. 

3. For bigger guns such as shotguns or rifles, a license would be required, this would be obtained like a regular CCWP is. 

4.  Weapon bans can also be enacted ICly by the LSPD which appears as "Your weapon privileges have been revoked by the LSPD. Contact them for reinstatement." Which will see it that criminals convicted with prior offences cannot buy weapons unless appealed on the LSPD forum. (Hardcore criminals cannot apply) 

5. All guns will be bound to the original person who bought it and will not be able to be picked up by anyone else without RP. 

Anyway, thank you for reading this and I hope you liked my idea, if you have anything else to add or any questions please don't be afraid to ask them below! :) But I do ask, please only give constructive criticism on this idea.

Edited by Jadamson

A CCWP is suprisingly easy to get, just read around on the PD forums.

20 playhours does not mean someone is "experienced" enough to not do OOCly dumb stuff with it.

You can already get guns on the street, illegally.

Firearms are really not hard to obtain legally or illegally now. In fact if anything there's too many, even IC kids have firearms (as if kids weren't dangerous enough!).  Firearm licenses aren't given legally to those with criminal records which include felonies or charges that have put someone in danger or have shown they are irresponsible. However I do think there should be a guide on how people can buy Tier 2 firearms as currently there's a lot of people who are unsure yet have the tier 2 licenses - but again PD should be giving out this information.

But in all honesty although it's a good suggestion I see no need for it. It's really not that hard and just about everyone knows someone who can give them a firearm. The CCWP license isn't hard to obtain either, with a simple quiz where if you read the course you would be able to pass (may take you a couple of tries but you get there in the end). I think it's a good way to give licenses as it ensures that your character would have some basic understanding of a firearm so they can roleplay accordingly. 

Edited by Vubstersmurf

33 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

A CCWP is suprisingly easy to get, just read around on the PD forums.

20 playhours does not mean someone is "experienced" enough to not do OOCly dumb stuff with it.

You can already get guns on the street, illegally.

But some people don't RP illegally. 20 playhours could be increased to whatever you think is acceptable. This is why I put another system in place to prevent people from doing this with weapon bans, ect

33 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Firearms are really not hard to obtain legally or illegally now. In fact if anything there's too many, even IC kids have firearms (as if kids weren't dangerous enough!).  Firearm licenses aren't given legally to those with criminal records which include felonies or charges that have put someone in danger or have shown they are irresponsible. However I do think there should be a guide on how people can buy Tier 2 firearms as currently there's a lot of people who are unsure yet have the tier 2 licenses - but again PD should be giving out this information.

But in all honesty although it's a good suggestion I see no need for it. It's really not that hard and just about everyone knows someone who can give them a firearm. The CCWP license isn't hard to obtain either, with a simple quiz where if you read the course you would be able to pass (may take you a couple of tries but you get there in the end). I think it's a good way to give licenses as it ensures that your character would have some basic understanding of a firearm so they can roleplay accordingly. 

I understand what you are saying, but I just think this system works better imo. It's been tested on other RP servers and it works fantastic. Not much DM at all happened when it was implemented on a SAMP server I used to play on. Those who did DM got their weapon privileges revoked. It overall made the server feel alot more like it was set in America and not in somewhere like Europe. Characters who were legal and wanted a gun for protection could buy one with ease.

I've been through the CCWP process and it's REALLY not something i'd like to go through again, it is very very slow and tedious, and the quiz at the end made me want to blow my brains out. It took me 5 attempts.

4 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

Lol NO.

Guns are meant to be hard to obtain for the reasons you stated. It’s supposed to be tedious cause it actually help vets who gets them, and due to the fact this is not a SAMP RPG cops and robbers server and we try to mimic real life, we will never use a system like this. CCWPs are also a IC issue, a script suggestion will not change this at all. We have laws in place stating you must be licensed to own a firearm and I highly doubt those will change. If you’re upset about your CCWP being denied, just ask Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.

'Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.' - What if I have a legal char? Plus we all know that asking 'Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.' doesn't work. Nobody wants to give up guns because they are hard to get. Not once on any of my illegal chars through RP with illegal factions have I managed to purchase a firearm.

Yeah this isn't SAMP where a Deagle is 60k. If you get caught with an illegal gun, you go to jail for a while, if you go around DMing, your ass is gonna get banned. The admin team here is pretty amazing and I doubt Deathmatching is the biggest concern at the moment.

Just now, Wingatar said:

Yeah this isn't SAMP where a Deagle is 60k. If you get caught with an illegal gun, you go to jail for a while, if you go around DMing, your ass is gonna get banned. The admin team here is pretty amazing and I doubt Deathmatching is the biggest concern at the moment.

I agree, this system is in no way reminiscent of SAMP. I'm just saying that it works.

2 minutes ago, Jadamson said:

I agree, this system is in no way reminiscent of SAMP. I'm just saying that it works.

It doesn’t work at all. It’ll give people access to guns without ensuring they know the legality of possessing them and what guns they can posses. We’re not gonna change IC laws via a script suggestion, you understand that, right?

This seems more like a open door for DMers

Edited by DrJoseEviI

It is very very very similar to SAMP. You literally said make guns more expensive and hard to get, 2 of the biggest servers on SAMP have done this, by making guns extremely expensive and by rarely ever spawning/getting shipments. I understand you probably seen an opportunity for a good suggestion but Owl already has a great system for this, the CCWP is all an IC concern, and getting an illegal gun is easy if you ask the right people, but people won't just sell you a gun just because you ask, some people only sell to those they know to actually avoid giving guns to Deathmatchers because that gives them a bad rep. 

5 minutes ago, Jadamson said:

'Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.' - What if I have a legal char? Plus we all know that asking 'Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.' doesn't work. Nobody wants to give up guns because they are hard to get. Not once on any of my illegal chars through RP with illegal factions have I managed to purchase a firearm.

Then you don’t get a gun, simple as that. If you failed te CCWP it’s  because you don’t know the legality of owning and using a firearm. I’ve passed the ccwp four or five times now, each time was on my first or second try.

1 hour ago, Jadamson said:

1. Players will be able to purchase only handguns at 20 hours played. They will be expensive too, this is one of the methods to prevent misuse or otherwise DEATHMATCH.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just now, Ambidextrous said:

lmao what

If you want to change the system, attempt to do so ICly. Other than the OOC non-criminal use clause, the 'system' is all IC.

2 hours ago, Jadamson said:

'Tyrone in Idlewood for a glock.' doesn't work. Nobody wants to give up guns because they are hard to get. Not once on any of my illegal chars through RP with illegal factions have I managed to purchase a firearm.

When I tried out illegal RP for a bit (Like back in July), I managed to push out like 20-30 handguns with my black alt in a couple weeks no problem before getting bored of it lol, getting guns just depends on IC connections and for the right price anyone would want to sell you a weapon. This was all done independently without actually joining a faction, just knowing someone in them.