Sign in to follow this  
Wingatar

The meaning of "Ricer."

Pretty sure the word was redefined in Los Santos. Mostly because car guys tend to be annoying to non-car guys ICly. I love tuner cars IRL but my character freaking despises the people drifting and racing around Red County. Saying ricer is a funny insult that makes a lot of people angry.

7 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Pretty sure the word was redefined in Los Santos. Mostly because car guys tend to be annoying to non-car guys ICly. I love tuner cars IRL but my character freaking despises the people drifting and racing around Red County. Saying ricer is a funny insult that makes a lot of people angry.

This, plus, yall feel like what robocops are, they can't talk about anything apart from PD and their job, "car guys" ig are just awfull to talk to, you can't have a real conversation like you would irl with them, all they can talk about is how faster their cars are, and how much they costed. Like croozer i also love vehicles IRL, but i just can't stand what you owlgaming "car guys" consider to be car culture. It's like, every hour or so you do some random ass meet in Santa Maria, where you just /lean on your car or talk about your mods. It's just bad. I find myself enjoying actual ricers in-game since they can speak like a normal human, more than a guy that paid 100k+ for a 30k irl car. PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS MORE HUMAN AND NOT SOME GUY LIVING IN A MANSION OR A WAREHOUSE/GARAGE.

Edited by TheNeonGuy

9 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

This, plus, yall feel like what robocops are, they can't talk about anything apart from PD and their job, "car guys" ig are just awfull to talk to, you can't have a real conversation like you would irl with them, all they can talk about is how faster their cars are, and how much they costed. Like croozer i also love vehicles IRL, but i just can't stand what you owlgaming "car guys" consider to be car culture. It's like, every hour or so you do some random ass meet in Santa Maria, where you just /lean on your car or talk about your mods. It's just bad. I find myself enjoying actual ricers in-game since they can speak like a normal human, more than a guy that paid 100k+ for a 30k irl car. PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS MORE HUMAN AND NOT SOME GUY LIVING IN A MANSION OR A WAREHOUSE/GARAGE.

It's certainly not every carguy, even the hyper modders. But there are enough to make it annoying to me as well, yeah. Never had anyone at a real cars n' coffee tell me how much he invested in his car or what the top speed was. Mostly just a pleasant conversation while looking at a nice car.

Edit: Same goes for robocops. It's probably a minority but they stand out so much and are so meme-able.

Edited by croozerdog

I mean I'm not upset about it, I'm just tired of the word being used every second and people don't even know the definition of it. Like yeah it's different because it's Los Santos, but that doesn't mean everything you do, makes you a ricer. It's annoying. 

3 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

I've met several car people where I could talk to them for hours about cars and engines. You're just looking in the wrong area.

36 minutes ago, Wingatar said:

I mean I'm not upset about it, I'm just tired of the word being used every second and people don't even know the definition of it. Like yeah it's different because it's Los Santos, but that doesn't mean everything you do, makes you a ricer. 

Have you tried being in PD and dared not to show yourself as being scared of someone in a situation? 

3 hours ago, Theory said:

Have you tried being in PD and dared not to show yourself as being scared of someone in a situation? 

I'm not a robocop. The last time I was in PD was in a different server and the person person that character ever killed, they dwelled on it for the rest of their life. I mean taking someone's life regardless if it's a game, will leave some type of mental impact on you, Especially if you believe you could've done it without killing said person.

Also no, there was times where I was scared shitless ICly, just as well as OOCly. I play my characters as if it's real life, therefore If I'm in a shit situation, I will try to run or defuse it rather than make it worse because I don't disregard my characters lives.

R - Race 

I - Inspired

C - Cosmetic

E - Enchancement

A standard Skyline or Supra (easiest example) isn't rice, it is a factory setting car (yeah mind blowing). Same car but with a huge fuck off bodykit and furr around is. End of story.

25 minutes ago, EKWorks said:

R - Race 

I - Inspired

C - Cosmetic

E - Enchancement

A standard Skyline or Supra (easiest example) isn't rice, it is a factory setting car (yeah mind blowing). Same car but with a huge fuck off bodykit and furr around is. End of story.

This