1. 1. Make this happen?

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Remove the vehicle script.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
Remove the vehicle script first introduced by Adams and implemented by Maxime in 2014, check below for the advantages.

Edit: Make a simple script where the VCT can change the name of a vehicle, this way players have to interact with player ran dealerships.

What are the advantages?-
- solid 60 FPS, the vehicle script is the one which causes ~70% of the FPS issues.
- people can focus on legal / illegal factions other than car RP.
- GTA SA's default vehicle stats.

What are the disadvantages?-

- ricers leaving the server, wow such a loss

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Shift + Del

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
it's been like 2 years since this form was added and I still can't figure this question out

Edited by Matey

8 minutes ago, WonderPlukkie said:

How are you so sure that the vehicle script is causing the FPS drops or similar? Got any evidence to back this up?

Ask any friend who has a version of the oG script to spawn a mass amount of vehicles with and without the [vehicle] script.

Edited by Matey

this needs to happen but so many people play these servers just to own cool cars. seriously doubt it goes through but overall the RP quality will improve and server performance will boom. 

-Car roleplay is still roleplay.

-What is gonna happen is that people will buy vehicles based on the ooc models, which is Infernus.

Why would someone buy a 3M lamborghini when he can buy a cheaper 1914 vehicle for 5$ and have the same everything.

- Illegal RP will be more of CnR, pursuits would increase by 1738% due to the fact that all vehicles have no special handlings.

- Try to know the real definition of a ricer.

Im against this.

3 minutes ago, Novanard said:

-What is gonna happen is that people will buy vehicles based on the ooc models, which is Infernus.

Why would someone buy a 3M lamborghini when he can buy a cheaper 1914 vehicle for 5$ and have the same everything.

- Illegal RP will be more of CnR, pursuits would increase by 1738% due to the fact that all vehicles have no special handlings.

Im against this.

This is a fair point. On top of all.. what are the current owners of exotics vehicles doing? When an e31 and LP700 lambo get the same model and be priced the same later on. Plus this is going to destroy the economy. No from me

Edited by BremboBG
Voc. Mistake

4 minutes ago, Novanard said:

Im against this.

- Not really though is it? Anyone can shit out a wank advert for a shitty meet up and half arse /me commands for the next 10 minutes copy and pasting the specs.

- Still has real names instead of MTA model name, so people wouldn't do that.

- Barely anyone rices in illegal RP, even those who can afford a shit load of luxury vehicles they don't get about in them, I also wouldn't consider street racers illegal rp because it's just borderline provoking to get into police chases.

- Jeff

Go fuck yourself 

54 minutes ago, Novanard said:

Im against this.

- Indeed, car roleplay is 100% roleplay.

- Chases will definitely happen more than 1,738% since the police cars are extremely slow in GTA SA on their own.

100% against, as it would just kill the server *shrug*

Edited by Dylanjeter1

lol I haven't lagged almost at all

anyways is the amount of lag that people get from this simply unbearable and make RPing impossible?

like do you actually have 20FPS when playing

edit: regarding the subject, I highly enjoy seeing a large variation in cars, and having the stat variations is a good thing so the cars don't solely consist of the ones that are cheap and best, and that you can acc do RP with vehicles like switching motors, installing superchargers/turbos (WITHOUT BEING A RICER) etc and then you'll ICly get a faster/more well performing car with that too

Edited by bigtone

just lol. You are just a tad too salty.

Removing the vehicle script, is like taking the only thing that makes OwlGaming stand out from other communities. What happens with all modified cars? If you're making a suggestion like this, it's the only roleplay server where you can actually make your car the way you want it, you want it to drift, you can do it, you want it to go fast, you can do it... Or would you rather have elegies with NOS drifting around? Please just use valid arguments instead of "ricers will be gone".

You can also still focus on legal / illegal roleplay, you have a mafia, you have the LSPD, you have a company that installs stuff..

And yeah, if you're running on such a low fps. Get a new computer.

Edited by MythicalSavage

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Yes, it is. 

But the problem here is the fact that the car scene has too many detailed scripts around it which makes it as popular as it is. 

Focusing on car RP just kills RP in general. It’s rare you actually see the common things you would day-to-day like taxi companies, public transport and player ran businesses. All because there’s been too much attention given to car scripts in the past. Which is ultimately a fuck you to the needed elements of RP.

I see taxis everyday what you talking bout

focusing on car RP does not kill RP. It's still RP to get mods etc. Installed to your car, and most people do this by contacting other players ICly, which in itself is RP. Car RP creates RP. It brings players who can actually RP installing shit to cars cash.

I have not seen but a few people focused completely on cars while I've been on owl. It brings variety to have these scripts, but it doesn't kill the RP.

Edit: removing these scripts would actually kill off a certain style of mechanic RP that a friend of mine actually does, and certainly more other people do too.

Edited by bigtone

3 hours ago, Matey said:
What are the advantages?-

- solid 60 FPS, the vehicle script is the one which causes ~70% of the FPS issues.

Can you proof this? I'd like to see that, considering the vehicle script being way more then everyone thinks it is. Please supply some stats, aswell based on the size of your library. With that I can consider looking into the vehicle script.

9 minutes ago, yannickboy15 said:

Can you proof this? I'd like to see that, considering the vehicle script being way more then everyone thinks it is. Please supply some stats, aswell based on the size of your library. With that I can consider looking into the vehicle script.

Idk Chaos himself once told me that they know the FPS lag is caused by the vehicle script but they haven’t been able to find a fix, try yourself on the test server to disable the script, spawn cars, enable it and then make a comparision.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

sorry y'all about posting these in diff posts all the time, doing this stuff on phone rn and can't edit quotes into old posts

2 hours ago, city said:

- Not really though is it? Anyone can shit out a wank advert for a shitty meet up and half arse /me commands for the next 10 minutes copy and pasting the specs.

- Still has real names instead of MTA model name, so people wouldn't do that.

- Barely anyone rices in illegal RP, even those who can afford a shit load of luxury vehicles they don't get about in them, I also wouldn't consider street racers illegal rp because it's just borderline provoking to get into police chases.

- Jeff

Go fuck yourself 

dunno if people acc attend those lol

People would not actually think the cars would be better because of the name, everyone would know that in terms of performance etc the model only would matter if this suggestion gets through.

also could you care to explain what you regard as a "ricer"?

thanks

1 hour ago, bigtone said:

sorry y'all about posting these in diff posts all the time, doing this stuff on phone rn and can't edit quotes into old posts

dunno if people acc attend those lol

People would not actually think the cars would be better because of the name, everyone would know that in terms of performance etc the model only would matter if this suggestion gets through.

also could you care to explain what you regard as a "ricer"?

thanks

8207de5dfd8f1d3871b5e4d75b0a5323.png

Owl's ricers

>import car

>upgrade

>Pizza Stack

>car meeting at Santa Marina

>/lean on the car

Edited by Matey

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense at all.

Your reason to remove it, is ass..

When somebody deathmatches, you don't see a suggestion to remove all weapons from the server.

If you want this to turn into a Cops and Robbers, I wish you luck for how long the players stay. My guess, 20 within 2 days if this will actually be done. oG won't be unique anymore, so most players will find a larger community to play on, considering that they are probably bigger and have the same features.

About the ricer part, it is fully IC. You see them in the game, you see them in real life.

About the fps, get used to it. MTA allows much more then SAMP servers, and because of it running on one core with these amount of scripts.. there are vehicle wraps, skin textures, and so forth. It's using one core of your CPU only, obviously you won't get FPS like SAMP, samp doesn't have over 5000 custom skins, or vehicle wraps, or being able to use internet in the game, lifts for cars that actually work, wallpapers in a default interior, and the best, rhe variety of cars with different handling lines. In SAMP every elegy is the same, here is every single one, different. Would you rather have actual drag cars or just a bunch of infernus that go the same speed, or actually let ricers drive a elegy with full bodykits, but all with the same handling, or have proper drift cars that actually drift. What's the point of buying a 400k lamborghini, when you can get a NSX from 1991 for 40k, with the exact same handling, top speed etc..

Enjoy this book.

Even barring the fact that removing the vehicle script would absolutely decimate the economy, maybe we should all just stop bitching about what the 12 year old Estonian kids do with their virtual cars and focus on what WE like to do. There's no sense taking the piss over what somebody else chooses to do on the server, because ultimately it is up to them to tailor the experience to their interests.

And before somebody calls me a hypocrite or hits me with the "doesn't your character have like eight BMWs?"...

Do I do stuff with vehicles on the server? Yeah, but unlike some of the people I've encountered actually know how to roleplay and my entire character isn't just based around cars. 

Legit, next motherfucker I see driving around in a really unrealistic, like a 1500hp Lancer Evolution with no rollcage and normal offbrand summer tires on a criminally underdeveloped character, is getting dashed in the head with an aluminum snow shovel.

>Remove vehicle script

>Get 60fps

>Playerbase is now 10, every single person is at pizzastack

If you can't achieve 40+fps on owl, go out and get a job and buy yourself a 400€ PC instead of playing a game where you are selling drugs and saying "nigga" in every sentence in you say. If you're gonna bring school as reasoning, fk off there's lots of jobs available after school and if there's any other reason, unlucky, don't play. Can you imagine owl with only Illegal characters? Illegal RP gets more support than Legal RP anyways and having vehicle script is one thing legal players actually have. If you don't like ricers, burn their car, go about it ic you dumb knobs.

Edited by Gazzeh