Sign in to follow this  
Wallaby

Fishing

Heya!

I was just wondering, why is fishing still broken? I've been told that fishermen only make $10 no matter what their catch to discourage players from sitting in the ocean fishing. I kind of get that, but then again I don't think thats a fair argument considering RS haulers fly around with no regard to themselves or others in vans, making thousands an hour easily. I think fishing RP would actually make some good role play, there'd be a use for boats, and a use for the coastguard, plus, its not a free entry, you need a boat license, and a boat, expensive!

Tell me what you guys think

It's not broken. The new system that was made by @Unitts is more realistic plus the low pay-out stops people from farming it like it was back in the day. Also what roleplay? the /me's are automatically done for you so there's really no-roleplay involved.

Edited by DylanW

Script jobs literally never produce any roleplay. If you want to properly roleplay a fishing business, why not make something proper out of it and use the VM system with FT to make money that way?

one plus, I think chaos must fix this problem now, lmaoo

14 hours ago, Theory said:

Script jobs literally never produce any roleplay. If you want to properly roleplay a fishing business, why not make something proper out of it and use the VM system with FT to make money that way?

Just this

When fishing was remastered the ability to have fish items were added and these were added with roleplay in mind so say someone wants to grab a few fish and RP frying them or something. You shouldn't be relying on scripted jobs as a money income as they don't really provide much roleplay compared to illegal, legal, and government roleplay. 

2 hours ago, Unitts said:

When fishing was remastered the ability to have fish items were added and these were added with roleplay in mind so say someone wants to grab a few fish and RP frying them or something. You shouldn't be relying on scripted jobs as a money income as they don't really provide much roleplay compared to illegal, legal, and government roleplay. 

Exactly what script said. If you want to get any good RP out of this, go out there on a big fishing boat with a few people, catch a shit ton of fish, and then make your own market somewhere and sell the fish, or start up a seafood restaurant where you cook and serve the fresh fish. There are so many capabilities with this new system and I absolutely love it because I can go fishing and catch a fish, go home and RP cooking it, or make a whole meal or even sell the fish to actual people.