Jinx

Character Name-

Jonathan Wallace

Date of Incident-

10/05/2018

Supervising Administrator-

Michael Flynn

Narrative-

Starts with me logging in and heading to my garage. Got inside, left the door open and checked something real quick. However, I heard knocks on the door and when I got out, that guy had an accident infront of the garage. There was another guy who helped me check on him and he got back up and moved. I entered my garage to bring my car to find 2 of them inside. A chitchat goes for like a minute and asked them both to leave. One left and the other stayed and said nice cars. Well, at the point. He drew his gun out and robbed me. I let him leave and go away. I rp peaking outside through the door and checking the area. He was walking calmly to the bike. So I drew my weapon and held him at gunpoint from his back. He turned around and a chitchat happened. As the situation goes, I kept my gun aimed at his chest. However, when I released the RMB to type. He took advantage and quickly hit the bind button and started shooting. I was able to aim again and land a shot. But it was registered in his leg but supposed rp'ly to the chest. However, he was able to kill me.
I'd have rp'ed reacting to him lowering his hand and reaching for the gun but didn't have time. Also, I believe that this was a bit failure to rp gun fear as we were standing face to face and I'm monitoring his behaviour with a gun aimed to his chest and would have taken action immediately.

Evidence-

https://pastebin.com/zeKxdY9F

Method of Death-

Gun shots.

Have you attempted to resolve this already with the supervising administrator?-

Yes

• Salty 2

1 hour ago, Fritz said:

First of all, you've just been robbed for a total of $290 and as soon as you're robbed for this little amount of cash your immediate reaction is to seek revenge instead of calling PD or properly role playing the situation like any regular citizen. This first point set you up for Disregard For Life, hence anything that'd result from your actions would warrant a Character Kill. 

First of all, despite the fact that $290 is almost my paycheck, but there wasn't any kind of revenge. The CCWP license allows me and more likely forces me to react in these situations by stopping the felony in progress which would lead me to draw out my gun and threaten the perpetrator. Cops were inactive at that time and we're both aware that calling them would not do any good because there was no one online. My second option is to utilize my legal rights to use verbal threatening and lethal force to stop the felon

Second, I held my .45 ACP at point blank from the perpetrator and unless we're in a netflix action show or Bollywood, he is forced to RP fear because the moment he reaches for his firearm, I would've pulled the trigger causing a fatal wound that would lead to CK. So here the possible scenarios that could have happened and how it would have ended with me holding the firearm at point blank of his chest, He pushes me to reach for his own firearm but the moment he moves I would have discharged my weapon in self-defence. He tries to kick me to reach for his own firearm but the moment he moves I would have discharged my weapon in self-defence. He reaches for his firearm but the moment he moves I would have discharged my gun in self-defence. And because sometimes it's not clear enough and third time is the charm. I held my .45 ACP pistol point blank to his chest

Edited by Jinx

I'll break down your arguments so I can make it a bit more clear to you as to why this CK is valid.

3 minutes ago, Jinx said:

First of all, there wasn't any kind of revenge. The CCWP license allows me and more likely forces me to react in these situations by stopping the felony in progress which would lead me to draw out my gun and threaten the perpetrator

This is an IC argument as to what a CCWP allows you to do or not, but even if it was not what you state is not true. A CCWP is to be used in self defense and self defense only, with this in mind I struggle to understand how was your life at risk after he lowered his gun and was leaving you alone.

4 minutes ago, Jinx said:

Second, I held my .45 ACP at point blank from the perpetrator and unless we're in a netflix action show or Bollywood, he is forced to RP fear because the moment he reaches for his firearm, I would've pulled the trigger causing a fatal wound that would lead to CK.

He must role play fear, however you pulling a gun on an armed individual after a petty robbery of just $290 is completely normal? If you were to correctly role play the situation you'd have to role play the fear aspect of it. As it rolled out, you approached an individual that had just aimed a gun at you without showing any sort of fear of being killed.

7 minutes ago, Jinx said:

I would have discharged my weapon in self-defence.

You did in fact discharge your firearm, however you hit him in the leg and he had a better aim than you did, succeding in killing you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fritz said:

This is an IC argument as to what a CCWP allows you to do or not, but even if it was not what you state is not true. A CCWP is to be used in self defense and self defense only, with this in mind I struggle to understand how was your life at risk after he lowered his gun and was leaving you alone.

An educated admin like yourself, even when at trial phase, should hover towards the CCWP regulations and rules then revise it thoroughly because it clearly states that if I see a felon in progress I am forced to act on it and stop it from moving further with the felony. CCWP is not just for self-defence. Please, do kindly, re-read the CCWP because what I did is actually by the book and included in the test if you've taken it.

22 minutes ago, Fritz said:

He must role play fear, however you pulling a gun on an armed individual after a petty robbery of just $290 is completely normal? If you were to correctly role play the situation you'd have to role play the fear aspect of it. As it rolled out, you approached an individual that had just aimed a gun at you without showing any sort of fear of being killed.

As I've stated, CCWP is not to be given for unexperienced citizens so a petty theft robbery is actually a part of the test when you take it, if I wasn't ready for the situation I wouldn't have gotten the CCWP. It would be Non-RP to not act on the situation of the theft and leave the thief be as a citizen holding a CCWP as it's part of the duty that comes with the CCWP. I gave him the cash and let him leave because that's regarding my life with his gun pointed at me. That's the literal definition of walking on the line. If anything he should have shown that sort of fear of being killed when I held the gun at him point blank.

23 minutes ago, Fritz said:

You did in fact discharge your firearm, however you hit him in the leg and he had a better aim than you did, succeding in killing you.

Because somehow I wasn't detailed enough in mentioning the gun was aimed to his chest point blank and my shots would have been lethal, any muscle moved from the perpetrator would lead to his death because my finger is on the trigger and my senses would be heightened because of the adrenaline rush. If he makes a move, I drill multiple holes with my .45 ACP pistol into his chest.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fritz said:

He must role play fear, however you pulling a gun on an armed individual after a petty robbery of just $290 is completely normal?

Roleplaying fear is not required by the rules. However not doing so is disregard of your life, and this worthy of a CK.

15 minutes ago, Jinx said:

An educated admin like yourself, even when at trial phase, should hover towards the CCWP regulations and rules then revise it thoroughly because it clearly states that if I see a felon in progress I am forced to act on it and stop it from moving further with the felony. CCWP is not just for self-defence. Please, do kindly, re-read the CCWP because what I did is actually by the book and included in the test if you've taken it

Wrong. The Stand your Ground Act of 2016 does not FORCE you to step in if a felony is being committed, it merely gives you a right to.

15 minutes ago, Jinx said:

It would be Non-RP to not act on the situation of the theft and leave the thief be as a citizen holding a CCWP as it's part of the duty that comes with the CCWP.

Once again gravely mistaken. You should have called 911. The suspect lowered their gun, therefore not posing an active threat anymore to your own life, and that of the civilian that was being robbed of 290$. This meaning that you didn't even have the legal right, to pull out your weapon and threaten the suspect to use lethal force.

TL;DR. You disregarded your life by stepping into a robbery that was already over. You pointed your firearm at a suspect that surprisingly enough decided to risk his own life, quite greatly, by pulling out his own weapon and shooting you. Which, actually is possible in real-life..

Edited by ItsMelodyy
  • Like 1

So going off of that, I am declining this CK appeal.

Unless @Fritz or @Jinx have anymore questions, I will go ahead and archive this.

• Like 1