Fuzion

Helper - Supporter Rank

Should it be added?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be added?

In my opinion the Helper(Supporter) Rank should be added again, since there's some reports that takes a while to accept, for example someone asks a question about some commands or his vehicle or whatever.

Adding the helper rank won't do any disadvantages since helpers will only be able to help out with some stuff, as i said above, or whatever UAT decide to do if this got accepted, the main idea is to sort  reports out quickly and such , so yeah danks.

1 minute ago, Fuzion said:

well, i didn't say anything negative about game masters, lets just say if theres no GATs online, then you should basically wait till an admin gets on and sort your shit out

I don't remember saying that you meant anything negative by it?

I am agreeing with your suggestion lol

This was even in the community Q&A. Personally I would love to see it come back so it opens space with lack of certain commands that can be abused and allows the players with no roleplay skill to be taught by these members so that they aren’t just thrown into the forceapp’d stahe but instead taught on how to roleplay.

3 minutes ago, George said:

This was even in the community Q&A. Personally I would love to see it come back so it opens space with lack of certain commands that can be abused and allows the players with no roleplay skill to be taught by these members so that they aren’t just thrown into the forceapp’d stahe but instead taught on how to roleplay.

Talking about myself, I don't force-app anyone who has potential and I guess that's what the rest of the team does.
The ones we force-app don't meet our standards and they are not capable of learning by any chance. (For example, subpar English and etc)

6 minutes ago, ReeMoO said:

They just promoted admins and in my opinion they are enough to help people, No sadly.

not enough lmao, helpers won't be able to sort situations i guess?

Edited by Fuzion

There comes a time when you need them and you don't. Back in the day you could say that they were relevant because owl had such a strong player base to back it up. Nowadays owl is surrounded by mostly veterans and long-time roleplayers. Admin applications have been opened and closed time in and time out. Just because you lack the knowledge to be an admin doesn't mean that you should conjure up the idea to bring supporters back. Don't worry Fushion, I'm not trying to burst your bubble or assume anything. Admins can do what a supporter can do plus more. This allows communication, punctuation, and cooperation due to the fact that there is only one specified staff team. I hate to say it, but even if owl were to magically obtain fifty more active roleplayers, the supporter rank would be nothing but a mockery as it would be filled with immature idiots that think they know about roleplay but when it comes down to their character development (the most important part about roleplay) they have none or very little. I'm not saying this applicable to all scenarios, but for those few people who are incapable of being an administrator, they will do everything in their power to be on this one.

To sum up the mess above, I don't think it should exist, atleast not in owl. Whether it be for the toxicity, player count, or another one of the various negative presences in the community. #FreePoloboy

29 minutes ago, Jamie said:

There comes a time when you need them and you don't. Back in the day you could say that they were relevant because owl had such a strong player base to back it up. Nowadays owl is surrounded by mostly veterans and long-time roleplayers. Admin applications have been opened and closed time in and time out. Just because you lack the knowledge to be an admin doesn't mean that you should conjure up the idea to bring supporters back. Don't worry Fushion, I'm not trying to burst your bubble or assume anything. Admins can do what a supporter can do plus more. This allows communication, punctuation, and cooperation due to the fact that there is only one specified staff team. I hate to say it, but even if owl were to magically obtain fifty more active roleplayers, the supporter rank would be nothing but a mockery as it would be filled with immature idiots that think they know about roleplay but when it comes down to their character development (the most important part about roleplay) they have none or very little. I'm not saying this applicable to all scenarios, but for those few people who are incapable of being an administrator, they will do everything in their power to be on this one.

To sum up the mess above, I don't think it should exist, atleast not in owl. Whether it be for the toxicity, player count, or another one of the various negative presences in the community. #FreePoloboy

i never applied to GAT tbh with you, plus if the supporter role came back, nothing would happen, reports will be sorted quickly and thats all

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

owl is surrounded by mostly veterans and long-time roleplayers

this is false

and -1 from me, I don't quite see this as needed because hey, being a supporter will break your nerves just like it will being an admin, so whats the point of it

if you want to help in that kind of way = apply to be an admin

+1 Sure why not

But ... i can say maybe adding more admins will be better rather than getting helpers back.

Coz like i think admins can do all your needs and capable mostly of all commands and helpers don't have full access to all commands which sometimes helpers won't be able to help you in your reports. Personally it annoys me either there is no admins when u need them or helpers can't sometimes fully help you in your needs.

Supporters should be a position not as big as regular admins, but should require some decent knowledge about the server. they should be able to do some basic problem solving, like assisting new players, fixing invisible cars, etc. Admins should be required for roleplay based problems like PG, MG etc.

idk. The difference between a supporter and an admin wasn't thaaaat huge. It'd rather see a big admin team than a supporter team. 

19 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

Supporters should be a position not as big as regular admins, but should require some decent knowledge about the server. they should be able to do some basic problem solving, like assisting new players, fixing invisible cars, etc. Admins should be required for roleplay based problems like PG, MG etc.

Exactly this ^. I hate to see players being thrown out of the server because they don't know how to roleplay. They're not gonna learn by being thrown out of the server, they need to be taught how to roleplay like the good old days when OwlGaming first came out. There would be hosted roleplay schools, players would be given the opportunity to learn how to roleplay, etc.

Just now, George said:

Exactly this ^. I hate to see players being thrown out of the server because they don't know how to roleplay. They're not gonna learn by being thrown out of the server, they need to be taught how to roleplay like the good old days when OwlGaming first came out. There would be hosted roleplay schools, players would be given the opportunity to learn how to roleplay, etc.

That doesn't really happen. Mostly they get thrown out of the server if they are unable to converse in normal understandable English. As for the roleplay part, we still do RP schools from time to time and teach players things.

OT: i'm against this suggestion because i don't think it is "actually" required as such.

1 minute ago, Script said:

That doesn't really happen. Mostly they get thrown out of the server if they are unable to converse in normal understandable English. As for the roleplay part, we still do RP schools from time to time and teach players things.

OT: i'm against this suggestion because i don't think it is "actually" required as such.

But this has to be a thing dedicated to an individual's role, to provide roleplay schools to individuals who either want or need help.

2 hours ago, George said:

But this has to be a thing dedicated to an individual's role, to provide roleplay schools to individuals who either want or need help.

i agree with dis

21 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

yeah this would help alot