VeX

Properly RPing car crashes

You tend to get several types

1) They hit you and drive off leaving you to wonder whether they even hit you in the first place.

2) 'I have a helmet so I am okay ' these magical helmets I NEED one.

3) I had the smallest knock ever but I'm going to roleplay internal bleeding and my leg falling off. Alright least you tried I guess.

4) Lag or I g2g.  Mhm sure ok.

5) Proper roleplay which tends to be decent for everyone. Yeah crashes suck but if you roleplay it well you probably get to meet decent people through it. 

I was in a crash IC about a week and a bit ago and it was great to rp. Because of it we've met several people we may not have. 

( I'm pretty sure Leo is planning on crashing into everyone here).

All you can do as a rule of thumb is roleplay anyway report later.  If they don't roleplay then fine they don't but you do. Least likely to get in trouble then and when you report you can show that YOU tried.

Too many people dislike role-playing negative things. I get it because done characters have been around a long time, but you have to roleplay the 'bad' parts too in order to bring development.

1 hour ago, Vubstersmurf said:

I was in a crash IC about a week and a bit ago and it was great to rp. Because of it we've met several people we may not have. 

( I'm pretty sure Leo is planning on crashing into everyone here).

Doubt he will. 

19 hours ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

I hear SEMC's bills are expensive... One reason I try not to get into crashes with anyone.

if you consider 400 to be expensive, billed someone for $8,800 or something and they said they only lost $400 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 hours ago, ItsMelodyy said:

They charge you for traffic cones and helicopters that aren't theirs

that's dumb, what happens when you get a fourth reich running the faction

we only charge for medical shit now, if i recall traffic cones were never related to your health so idk whose smart idea it was to start to charge for that

55 minutes ago, patrick said:

if you consider 400 to be expensive, billed someone for $8,800 or something and they said they only lost $400 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we only charge for medical shit now, if i recall traffic cones were never related to your health so idk whose smart idea it was to start to charge for that

Because we finally have decent people running semc again. Just like the old days 👍

59 minutes ago, patrick said:

You should ask the old Director this. Apparently the cones were "foot labor" lmao

Just now, patrick said:

you should come back like the old days x

Good times maybe one day. But hey least we get to see each other on the field and laugh at the memes :) reminds me need to contact you guys soon for training pd.

3 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Good times maybe one day. But hey least we get to see each other on the field and laugh at the memes :) reminds me need to contact you guys soon for training pd.

patrick#0213

14 hours ago, patrick said:

patrick#0213

/look james

*sees that i have a picture of gregory house as my picture*

patrick "that's it ur getting cked"

Some people unfortunately never had a crash IRL so they wouldn't know how to RP it. I ended up hitting a post earlier while being chased IG, and rather than RP dead I RPed bouncing off and hitting the road, holding my torso (didn't know how to RP that to be honest, I struggled as I didn't want to CK unless the administrator wished me to, so I was trying to draw a line and see how I could RP that). The bike chasing me hit my bike after I fell off and didn't RP anything, yet they dictated me how I should have RPed my own injuries while they were perfectly fine. Terminators. They said I should have CKed because I hit a post at high speed and never they would have hit my bike. If realism is a thing and not an opinion, them being 1meter behind me they'd surely catch parts and debris of my bike from the impact. Unfortunately you'll always come across ignorance and people will try mask it as knowledge by trying to turn the table around with irrelevant points. Ended up allowing them to keep my 80 bucks and a deagle with half a clip or something, they refused a re-RP when asked by the admin, so that speaks volume, because they wouldn't know how to RP it probably or know they weren't in the clear.

https://gyazo.com/a22bb28da9524a1b430f0b090b6226

Point is, out of 10 crashes, 8 or 9 of them involve people who can't RP them properly. Hence why they say "/b skip?"

Only a few crashes are a bit of a grey area due GTA physics and lag, but despite that, what happens on screen is what you should RP, ACCORDINGLY, the rest is bullshit excuses to manipulate RP and avoid RPing something they're not good at.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:52 AM, JoGotti said:

((didnt see it on my screen bro))

That's EXACTLY what they said lol goddamn it.

I ran out of salt now, good night.

Edited by DarkGlasses
added link

3 hours ago, DarkGlasses said:

https://gyazo.com/a22bb28da9524a1b430f0b090b6226

Point is, out of 10 crashes, 8 or 9 of them involve people who can't RP them properly. Hence why they say "/b skip?"

Only a few crashes are a bit of a grey area due GTA physics and lag, but despite that, what happens on screen is what you should RP, ACCORDINGLY, the rest is bullshit excuses to manipulate RP and avoid RPing something they're not good at.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:52 AM, JoGotti said:

((didnt see it on my screen bro))

That's EXACTLY what they said lol goddamn it.

>hit a pole
>bike goes through it
>dont rp unconsciousness
>rp getting up less than 2 minutes after the fatal crash
>cry about getting robbed on forums
>cry about people not being realistic

are you seriously lying about a situation on forums? you drove into a pole, hit it, didnt rp injuries and argued that your bike could fly through a pole, and you have the audacity to complain about realism? LOL

your argument was already proven to be stupid and unrealistic by the admin on the scene, and you double down on the same argument?

get this through your head, if something happens that wouldn't have happened in real life, it shouldn't be roleplayed. 

2 hours ago, Ambidextrous said:

>hit a pole
>bike goes through it
>dont rp unconsciousness

are you seriously lying about a situation on forums? you drove into a pole, hit it, didnt rp injuries and argued that your bike could fly through a pole, and you have the audacity to complain about realism? LOL

your argument was already proven to be stupid and unrealistic by the admin on the scene, and you double down on the same argument?

get this through your head, if something happens that wouldn't have happened in real life, it shouldn't be roleplayed. 

How am I lying about a situation? Clearly you haven’t read what I said because I covered everything you’re debating on. And I clearly stated how I RPed the situation and the admin who was in scene reacted to my post, proving what I said was true. If my argument was stupid and unrealistic that still doesn’t explain why, if my bike would have hit a post, was picked up by you and stolen. As I stated previously, the bike would have most likely shattered in the impact since you refused to RP the hit as you said my bike would have wrapped around the post. GTA physics or not, you failed to RP the crash on your behalf when you hit my bike, RPing hitting the bike or the debris. But as I said on my post, rather than justify why you didn’t RP that, you blame the way I RPed. “Ignorance masked as knowledge.”

But it was convenient for you to claim my bike would have been destroyed when it came to me RPing my injuries, not when you had to steal it though lol. Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Ambidextrous said:

>hit a pole
>bike goes through it
>dont rp unconsciousness

You suggested at the role play scene yesterday evening (witness to this IG) that the bike would have wrapped around the post. This is correct and fair. In this forum post you are very keen to tackle realism. Which is great. 

With that in mind, the bike has smashed into a solid pole in excess of 60kph, this would have rendered the vehicle seriously damaged and/or disabled. 

Keeping in mind your fight for realism. Why did you then feel it was realistic to straddle the damaged bike and drive in excess of over 80kph down the coast line like the bike was absolutely fine. 

You also failed to allow the user to describe the state of the bike in a /do. Instead going in /b to tell him to hurry up the RP as police may have been called. 

You powergamed taking and driving an obliterated bike and failed to allow the user to RP their vehicle damage also. 

This isn't a report thread and I won't continue this. But let this just be a friendly word towards the right direction when it comes to double and setting of standards. 

Edited by Grumbleduck

I find it more common that people pull their Ethernet cable out to "Time out", especially when a police vehicle is involved.

Having "shit", "bad" or "aldi" internet should no longer be an excuse to be honest.

Also repair costs for expensive vehicles should be extortionate like they are in real life, then people might actually consider role playing a fear of flying through an intersection rather than having their stats safety blanket.

Edited by Krispy

How am I lying about a situation? Clearly you haven’t read what I said because I covered everything you’re debating on. And I clearly stated how I RPed the situation and the admin who was in scene reacted to my post, proving what I said was true. If my argument was stupid and unrealistic that still doesn’t explain why, if my bike would have hit a post, was picked up by you and stolen. As I stated previously, the bike would have most likely shattered in the impact since you refused to RP the hit as you said my bike would have wrapped around the post. GTA physics or not, you failed to RP the crash on your behalf when you hit my bike, RPing hitting the bike or the debris. But as I said on my post, rather than justify why you didn’t RP that, you blame the way I RPed. “Ignorance masked as knowledge.”

But it was convenient for you to claim my bike would have been destroyed when it came to me RPing my injuries, not when you had to steal it though lol. Get a grip.

If the bike would've been destroyed, and your character hit a pole with more than 60KM/h speed, how

did your character get up in under five minutes without a scratch on him?

Also it's a Harley Davidson, not a car. It weights a fuckton so I heavily doubt it would spin around like that,

just talking about realism here.

If the bike was shattered, why didnt you describe the damages in /do or inform us about it with a PM or something?

Instead you come here.

Situation was already resolved with an administrator, so feel free to report on UCP.

Edited by eoozy

Here's another episode of Owl Gaming: I know better, let's thank our sponsorship today Harley Davidson Los Santos; Live to Ride, Ride to Live even if it involves riding into a street light.

1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

Here's another episode of Owl Gaming: I know better, let's thank our sponsorship today Harley Davidson Los Santos; Live to Ride, Ride to Live even if it involves riding into a street light.

BINGO. This proves my theory right from the shadowplay.

https://gyazo.com/a22bb28da9524a1b430f0b090b622630

@Ambidextrous @eoozyDo you see how the bike behind them fell regardless of the guy braking? You guys DID NOT roleplay that and claimed there would be no bike to crash into as it would be wrapped into a post, therefore destroyed. I never claimed that, you guys did to avoid RPing hitting my bike in the collision. “Oh didn’t happen on my screen now rp that. We can’t rp what wouldn’t happen irl, the bike wouldn’t bounce off the post” lol.

@eoozy you never asked me to state my injuries and you forced me to rush my rp in /b saying the guy that drove past was going to call the cops. Convenient for you guys to state my bike shattered into a post and I should have rped being dead, but not so convenient anymore when you had to pick it up and steal it.  You two just pretend not to see the point I’m making because it’s quite obvious you powergamed and failed to rp accordingly lol. I’ve said my piece, I’m not bothering to file a report because it seems you two tremendously needed a deagle with half a clip and 80 bucks, so there you have it folks. Anyway this ain’t a report thread, I ranted enough. 👋

Edited by DarkGlasses