Jadamson

Properly RPing car crashes

I am sick and I am tired of people who crash their cars at ridiculous rates of speed and think they can get off scott free with little to no injuries just because they are wearing a seatbelt. I think the administration team should enforce a rule that even if you DO have a seatbelt on you should roleplay injuries to some extent, such as a punctured lung, broken ribs or whiplash. It's such an immersion destroyer to have someone crash into you at 150 mph only to do /me flies forward, being stopped by their seatbelt. and then shouting "SORRY" out the window, only to drive off....

Unfortunately the only method to combat this is record and report. Its a shame when people don't roleplay a crash, because it deprives people of roleplay too. Traffic officers don't get a crash to investigate, firefighters and EMS don't get victims to rescue and treat, hospital staff don't get patients and tow truck drivers don't get vehicles to tow.

4 minutes ago, Alfa1561 said:

Unfortunately the only method to combat this is record and report. Its a shame when people don't roleplay a crash, because it deprives people of roleplay too. Traffic officers don't get a crash to investigate, firefighters and EMS don't get victims to rescue and treat, hospital staff don't get patients and tow truck drivers don't get vehicles to tow.

Or take screenshots. @Matey I believe made a guide on how to edit your screenshots. In this he gives a good tip to change your screenshot bind from F12 to Left Control so you can take quick screenshots. Then just report that person. 

1 minute ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

I hear SEMC's bills are expensive... One reason I try not to get into crashes with anyone.

They charge you for traffic cones and helicopters that aren't theirs. :)

Edited by ItsMelodyy

2 minutes ago, ItsMelodyy said:

They charge you for traffic cones and helicopters that aren't theirs. :)

I bet you they charge $10,000+ if they bring out the Helo

Edited by Dylanjeter1

1 minute ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

I bet you they charge $10,000+ if they bring out the Helo

I believe they went to 70K. Then dropped down to 10..

1 minute ago, George said:

How about this, go crash your car in real life the same way majority crashes in OwlGaming are caused, then tell us what your injuries were and I'm sure the admin team will implement a system for proper roleplay.

By rubberbanding all over the joint. ez.

37 minutes ago, ItsMelodyy said:

The administration team does enforce this. But the administration team isn't always involved due to not everyone reporting said incidents.

Can't rule out the situations in which NO EVIDENCE IS GIVEN. You report someone, you need EVIDENCE to back your claim up.

It's like going to the police with the story that your phone was stolen by a specific person. You need evidence to support your claim of that person stealing your phone. Without evidence the police could investigate but they're extremely limited. The same thing is with admins. You report someone, for example for powergaming, We need proof that that person is indeed powergaming to act accordingly. Without evidence an admin's hands are basically tied.

30 minutes ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

I hear SEMC's bills are expensive... One reason I try not to get into crashes with anyone.

Got shot and the bill was 11k, but the insurance everyone has automatically covered 10,450 of it. If you decide you want the free, automatic insurance it isn't expensive. Though i would hope people try avoid crashes anyway medical bill or no lmao

1 hour ago, Alfa1561 said:

Infact I was in a crash today, I called up the Police and FD, LSPD/ST didn't respond, only EMS did and we had some amazing medical roleplay.

4 minutes ago, Jadamson said:

Infact I was in a crash today, I called up the Police and FD, LSPD/ST didn't respond, only EMS did and we had some amazing medical roleplay.

That is also another common issue, and take this from someone who's been in PD for years. When we get that call of a vehicle accident, it can get annoying because of recent experiences with people who aren't deemed fit on the server and it causes paused RP, so PD barely even wants to respond, but EMS, on the other hand, my god, it does not matter how many times DPS changes leadership, no one can do anything about activity but tbh, while being in PD in the recent months, I've seen decent activity.

My point is understandable, people try to take it above and beyond to the point where PD and EMS are called, but its either no one shows up or the only PD, so you result to minimum roleplay then get in your car and go.

I still stand by my point, no one knows how to roleplay an exact car crash, but then you get criticized for the way its roleplayed.

The problem a lot of times is that this is a 14 year old game, so you're literally having to deal with the physics of a 2004 video game. It's not always going to be realistic. I've legit been rear ended several times and the only damage that appeared on my car was on the front bumper.

Also, you have to consider that this isn't real life. It's a video game. There may be a legitimate reason why somebody may not be able to stay and RP a car accident. Some examples may include real life work or school, family, or other circumstances that are out of their control. My main PC got struck by lightning the other day while I was on owl dealing with a MT issue. Shit happens. My thing with car accidents is, as long as both parties can agree OOCly on what to do, we can move forward.

2 hours ago, Jadamson said:

((g2g wanna skip rp?))

((did I touch you?))

54 minutes ago, PlayerX1994 said:

The problem a lot of times is that this is a 14 year old game, so you're literally having to deal with the physics of a 2004 video game. It's not always going to be realistic. I've legit been rear ended several times and the only damage that appeared on my car was on the front bumper.

Also, you have to consider that this isn't real life. It's a video game. There may be a legitimate reason why somebody may not be able to stay and RP a car accident. Some examples may include real life work or school, family, or other circumstances that are out of their control. My main PC got struck by lightning the other day while I was on owl dealing with a MT issue. Shit happens. My thing with car accidents is, as long as both parties can agree OOCly on what to do, we can move forward.

I don't agree with your last statement there, and neither do admins. I don't recall which thread this was on, possibly a rule change, but regardless whether it was lag, or OOCly you confirm you don't wish to RP it, you can still be punished. Like they say, only admins can void situations so for anyone to go OOC and say "Oh sorry lag, void?" is just against the rules.

I find one of the most confusing things to roleplay is vehicle accidents because you don't know the effects, or damage specifically, even with GTA 5 having the damage shown on your car, sure the car is hurt, but what about your person? I've personally never experienced a vehicle crash luckily, and God forbid for it to happen, however its just difficult to know how to perfectly roleplay it so that's still a gray area for most.

Alright so as @ItsMelodyy already pointed out, we do enforce people to RP injuries but we are not always there to see what’s going on. So unless you guy report the persons for powergaming and failure to RP we can’t possibly know. Just screenshot/record it and get logs of this, recordings are the ultimate proof in situations like this but unfortunately not all players know how to record it or can record it due to bad PCs. Screenshot can also help a lot, where the logs, they can’t show us what actually happened like a video, gif or screenshot but they show us the RP Done and the OOC conversation. Remember to have the proper evidence when reporting, like ItsMelodyy we are sorta like PD just an OOC version. What would PD do if you reported a crime and didn’t have enough proof of the said crime? They would detain the person, look for evidence and then release the suspect if they don’t have proper evidence towards them. Same with admins, instead of detain people we pause roleplay, we look at the evidence given if there no proper evidence we are forced to leave the case alone and continue Roleplay.   I do see the issue @Jadamson, and therefore I will encourage everyone to RP their accidents more realistically, if they don’t tab on that F1 button and let us know. 

sigh, by the pure logic its natural if u find peps like that on owl mainly I indicate to certain reasons

just visualise errything thatd happen irl and execute the required things

makes the boat floats

Welcome to OwlGaming, one of MTA's most popular roleplaying servers where realism and immersion are kept to a mere minimum, and Los Santos is infested with car fanatics and automotive or car parts store on every fucking corner. Where accidents are often voided, or improperly roleplayed. Where people cry about Character Kills and appeal them when they want to be salty and cry. Where the Los Santos Police Department has decided to stop pulling people over for speeding and blowing intersections. Where gangsters have taken over an Idlewood neighborhood, and Dinoco is one of the biggest companies in the state. Where roleplay is kept to a minimum because people rather drive around town with their cars instead of engaging in a friendly conversation with a stranger at the Pizza Stack. Where the Pizza Stack is now your No.1 hotspot for idiots, ricers and your typical neighborhood shootouts. Where admins take 2 entire days to respond to a report, and they are involved in any and all of your fucking roleplays just to piss you right the fuck off.

This is OwlGaming. Their world, Their limitations. People still play it because stats, cars and E-Sex.

Edited by WonderPlukkie