Ahamdy

Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.5.6 is released!

1 hour ago, JamalWalker said:

MTA making great progress against all odds, and Owl is still stuck in 2015 lol

Shame on you scripting team, holding us back

You clearly havent seen any of the work they've done then. Do you script? 

16 hours ago, Eloquent said:

What would be really legendary is if the trains would continue to sync while no player is within range. If Multi Theft Auto treated them as players themselves, they could operate by NPCs and you could actually have a functional train system like you see in SAMP servers.

There's a workaround, but I have no clue how it'll end up with our playerbase lag wise and such :P

@Unitts and I tested it before I thought and it worked pretty well.

Edited by yannickboy15

1 hour ago, yannickboy15 said:

There's a workaround, but I have no clue how it'll end up with our playerbase lag wise and such :P

@Unitts and I tested it before I thought and it worked pretty well.

Aye

18 hours ago, Eloquent said:

What would be really legendary is if the trains would continue to sync while no player is within range. If Multi Theft Auto treated them as players themselves, they could operate by NPCs and you could actually have a functional train system like you see in SAMP servers.

Why not just read out the gta-sa train-nodes and move the train along those positions? That's at least how I done it and it's sync-independent.

For instance: One of my track-files which has the coordinates already converted to positions (https://pastebin.com/raw/LgKjEg1J)

As for the rest, it's just updating along those nodes in a given interval (I choose 1000). Can make a video about how it looks later this day.

Edited by Strobe

Since I am back home, I made the video: 

Spoiler

Notice the blue markers and my annoying mic-sounds, that are representing each node on the track. The nodes are read out from the gta-sa train track.dat and are there to interpolate the trains-position on each interval with setPosition. Additionally the trainspeed (setTrainSpeed) is applied after each interval to keep the train in a smooth motion. The interpolation prevents the massive out-of-sync-behaviour (though it might get out of sync for a short distance between each node). This is due to the fact, that the server itself manages the position of the train via setPosition.

f11l9D5.jpg

In the case it would be out of sync, it would be corrected on the next interval and the only possiblity for it to be out of sync would be inbetween each of these blue-markers representing the trains node.

More Images:

Spoiler

KJ17NMW.jpg

On 9/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, JamalWalker said:

MTA making great progress against all odds, and Owl is still stuck in 2015 lol

Shame on you scripting team, holding us back

Shame on you.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, JamalWalker said:

more than 80% dependant on admin decisions

/ooc Shootout at pizza stack is paused

/ooc Shootout at pizza stack has been voided

Edited by Poffy

8 hours ago, Strobe said:

Since I am back home, I made the video: 

Hide contents

Please make suggestion for this to be implemented! 😮

On 9/7/2018 at 2:45 PM, yannickboy15 said:

What kind of animations would be nice to have besides eRP like others probably mention. @Cosa

On your knees with your hands on your head would be better than the current /cover I think.