Jump to content
Wright

Faction Team Update - Early September 2018

Recommended Posts

Good update, gives me confidence factions will be updated more and assisted where needed. If we could get quicker communication for contacts that would also be helpful just even an acknowledgement (This isn't a fault or a complaint just a suggestion).  Maybe a guide or faq for factions on how they can obtain certain perks or what criteria is needed, this way people can work towards that instead of getting a straight 'no' as an answer.  

 

Illegal update is pretty cool too especially the buy back option considering not many players buy drugs icly but instead tend to focus on weapons. 

 

Overall great update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wright said:

ESTABLISHED DRUG NPCS

Established factions will now have the option of having a NPC spawned in an interior to sell illegal goods like drugs, stolen electronics, jewelry, etc. Interior notes can be used to describe what the reaction of the NPC would be to police, violence, and other situations alike.

 

A game changer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Established illegal NPC is the best idea yet, but would be better with more detail.

 

Do FT members check up on it within a certain time period to determine what items you sell, by either weight or a money limit, is it completely script related and you take the $ as you go.

 

If finding the location of another factions NPC, can you barter with that or rob the items/money it'd be holding, judging by 

9 hours ago, Frostbiteee said:

Interior notes can be used to describe what the reaction of the NPC would be to police, violence, and other situations alike.

 

good update though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, allongeoff said:

Established illegal NPC is the best idea yet, but would be better with more detail.

 

Do FT members check up on it within a certain time period to determine what items you sell, by either weight or a money limit, is it completely script related and you take the $ as you go.

 

If finding the location of another factions NPC, can you barter with that or rob the items/money it'd be holding, judging by 

 

good update though.

It’s the same system as a custom npc shop.  If players decide to rob or attack the NPC it’s up to whoever placed it there and spoke to admin to dictate how it acts... so beware he may be packing heat ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wright said:

It’s the same system as a custom npc shop.  If players decide to rob or attack the NPC it’s up to whoever placed it there and spoke to admin to dictate how it acts... so beware he may be packing heat ;)

NPC's used to be a thing though, for factions that weren't even established?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matey said:

I'm still wondering how cotton picking chicken rising hillbillies run the most product and guns that come into San Andreas.

I also wonder how one of them used to drive in a bentley truck 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matey said:

I'm still wondering how cotton picking chicken rising hillbillies run the most product and guns that come into San Andreas.

LS*
Not the entire state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mogs said:

Have an IC identity which monitors and looks over legal businesses. Introduce business types whereby businesses have to work and prove activity to progress into something bigger. Starting as a sole-trader (non F3), then once certain regulatory requirements are met they can request to legally change their business to a private limited company, then public limited company etc. In turn the taxes and interest system should be changed, larger businesses for example should pay different levels of corporation tax.

 

I know this sort of stuff can and should be implemented ICly but it should be controlled and introduced by FT to make it as fair as possible. This is how it is done in real life, and I think it would be a lot more realistic if it was done this way and its something that people can work toward. This may also introduce more shareholder-based businesses, rather that it being lead and owned by one single person. It's also a shame that there's no bank faction to provide any loans to the businesses, and (from what I've heard) the government arn't actively issueing loans either.

 

I also believe there should be VMs for things such as restaurants, bars etc. There arn't enough people on the server to make these investments profitable, so there should be a VM for them much like there is for drugs.

 

This is just stuff I've thought on the top of my head, there's a lot that can be done and I think that rather than focus on just the illegal market, you should split efforts to satisfy both. Legal business RP right now is repetitive and not very active.

This all requires an entire team of FT members whose sole job would be to actively supervise and ensure this is flowing well. As is we have trouble even doing VMs and contacts in a timely manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wright said:

This all requires an entire team of FT members whose sole job would be to actively supervise and ensure this is flowing well. As is we have trouble even doing VMs and contacts in a timely manner.

You can have a team of people ICly doing the work, just have FT overseeing it if there are any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wright said:

I think that's going to be harder than we expect.

If you have competant enough people with some sort of business knowledge then it can run smoothly. It's just processing requests according to internal regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.