Jamie

Character Name-

Marcel Woods

Date of Incident-

09/01/2018

Supervising Administrator-

Swanker

Narrative-

On the date of the CK, I was attempting to steal a vehicle hidden in an alleyway within a little nook. Refer to figure one for the picture. Eventually, as my character was hotwiring the vehicle a cop came by with full lights. Swanker decided to /911 for the reason of "You're near a dealership". On top of that, there were people actively roleplaying near me and could've easily seen my '/me's and '/does. They could've easily called 911 ICly without Swanker needing to do such. Also, I would like to add that there was no cameras nor any NPC's in the area. Just before I got killed script-wise, I called a friend of Marcel's to come to help him out of the situation. He came and ran over a cop (he didn't roleplay the hit), and the cop was on the ground. He went through the animation and still proceeded to shoot me as I was shooting him. I was CK'ed because I initiated a shootout with the cop, yet I only shot him because he got ran over by a car. As soon as the animation was done, he immediately crouched and still began shooting me, yet he was hit with a vehicle going at least 110KMH. I wasn't aware that you were able to get hit by a vehicle and go through the animation and start firing again. This individual roleplayed no injuries, but still eventually domed me. During his time in the animation I also peppered him with some shots, he was hit in his arm and his body armor was tarnished. All in all, I don't see how he was still able to shoot me after being ran over and shot.

Later, Swanker said that the hit was not RP'ed so it wouldn't be valid. We started talking about some Re-RP, but he said just say that the individual missed whilst trying to run over the individual. I told Swanker countless times that if he hadn't been running over, I would've never have shot him. I have 270+ hours on Marcel, I'm not going to throw away one of my main characters with a chance to shoot at a cop. At the scene, Swanker said that regardless, there was another cop on the scene and he would've shot me and killed me. From what I understand, he had a beanbag shotgun and on top of that, I'm also sure that the vehicle running over the cop would've been shot at first due to my character being behind a wall.

So, my problems with the CK is that, first of all, the cops should've never been notified of me stealing the vehicle, I was in a distanced location surrounded by nothing but concrete. Secondly, this cop individual (can't recall the name) powergamed and shot me in the head after being run over and shot numerous times. And last but not least, if the portion above was voided, I would've never initiated the shootout because he was aiming at me with a firearm before he got ran over.

Evidence-

Figure one - http://puu.sh/Bo2aH/41d2a8cea3.png
Here are some text logs of Swanker and I debating the CK:
http://puu.sh/Bo2bT/4f3e1581ac.png
http://puu.sh/Bo2ch/d593b0ca50.png
http://puu.sh/Bo2cF/7326d53cc3.png
http://puu.sh/Bo2cY/b37e1b65b8.png
http://puu.sh/Bo2di/70974c670a.png

Method of Death-

Bullets.

Have you attempted to resolve this already with the supervising administrator?-

Yes

• Haha 1
  • Sad 11

Hello I'll be taking the appeal, I'll have a read through then I'll reply shortly

I've had a read through and from what I can read Swanker was in the right for making a 911 in that location at that time of day, robbing a car in broad daylight in Market isn't really smart, anyhow moving on to the part where the officer was hit. Is there any evidence that backs up him being run over? Also, who was the officer who got ran over? @Jamie

Broad daylight? You could say that but it was clearly in a nook within an alleyway. No one in sight as well as you can't tell me "NPC's" randomly explore alleyways, if anything they would avoid them.

Cant recall all the names or access the logs due to a memeory issue with my laptop. @ProudFamily was involved, he should be able to confirm that he was ran over and on the ground during the time when he was shot at. On top of that @Swanker should be able to explain to you that he was ran over as he was there the entire time.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:57 AM, Unitts said:

I've had a read through and from what I can read Swanker was in the right for making a 911 in that location at that time of day, robbing a car in broad daylight in Market isn't really smart, anyhow moving on to the part where the officer was hit. Is there any evidence that backs up him being run over? Also, who was the officer who got ran over? @Jamie

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Broad daylight? You could say that but it was clearly in a nook within an alleyway. No one in sight as well as you can't tell me "NPC's" randomly explore alleyways, if anything they would avoid them.

Cant recall all the names or access the logs due to a memeory issue with my laptop. @ProudFamily was involved, he should be able to confirm that he was ran over and on the ground during the time when he was shot at. On top of that @Swanker should be able to explain to you that he was ran over as he was there the entire time.

I was there as an off-duty officer nearby. They were 2 cops handling it and your friend ran over one cop, but second one eliminated you with shotgun so stop lying that he didn’t RP. It was actually re-rp’d from point where he got ran over if I recall correctly. 

Edited by imsilver

On 10/1/2018 at 2:43 PM, imsilver said:

I was there as an off-duty officer nearby. They were 2 cops handling it and your friend ran over one cop, but second one eliminated you with shotgun so stop lying that he didn’t RP. It was actually re-rp’d from point where he got ran over if I recall correctly. 

Swanker informed me that the person with the shotgun didn't kill me scriptwise after I was in the 'respawn' state via PM's. I'd appreciate if you could stop assuming stuff and try to make it seem as if I'm manipulating situation with text. 

As for the indicidual whom was ran over, he got out of the animation and continued to fire upon me whilst I had already shot him in his torso and arm. If you know the situation so keenly, tell us who you were ICly. 

16 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Swanker informed me that the person with the shotgun didn't kill me scriptwise after I was in the 'respawn' state via PM's. I'd appreciate if you could stop assuming stuff and try to make it seem as if I'm manipulating situation with text. 

As for the indicidual whom was ran over, he got out of the animation and continued to fire upon me whilst I had already shot him in his torso and arm. If you know the situation so keenly, tell us who you were ICly. 

You know that it was re-rp’d from that point where he got ran over and Duffy eliminated you with shotgun, right? I was there and I’m not ‘assuming’ stuff. 

I was the first responding officer with the shotgun, Sergeant Michael Duffy. As I recall, the backup officer was Officer Paul Edwards. I know from my screen that Paul did not get hit by the car because I could see him and I didn't see him fall. Instead a white car passed him, drove towards me and stopped, then reversed away and fled as Edwards shot Woods. Now, if you've ever been properly hit by a car in owl, you'll know that it makes you fall on the ground for a few moments before you can get up. If you get hit by a car due to lag and it only appears on other peoples screens, the person sometimes does a short anim before snapping back to where they are. This is what I believe happened to Edwards, as both myself and Edwards didn't see him get knocked down by the white car, and would explain how Edwards managed to return fire and dome you so soon after he was meant to have been hit, a speed which he would have been unable to do had he been properly hit. I do not believe I was the one who "eliminated" him as the death reason stated 9mm/45 ACP which would be a handgun and I had a shotgun, however when Marcel was down I did fire at his body during the initial incident. As far as I am aware, we either continued the RP with Edwards not being hit, or only being slightly tapped or something. It was a while ago and I cant recall. @AnthonyRoberts is Paul Edwards.

In addition, you still threw your life away in the incident regardless because, if what you saw is true and the car hit Edwards, you were well aware two cops were on scene, so despite the presence of a second cop you opened fire on what you believed was a downed cop, even though a second unharmed police officer was armed and ready to take you out. The reason that I did not wish for a re-rp was because my character specifically hid in a tactical location which gave him an angle on where Marcel Woods was without revealing himself, and Marcel Woods had no idea my character was in this spot as he snuck up there while Marcel walked back into the walled off area with the car. A rerp would have led to him knowing where my character was, intentionally or not, and unbalanced the situation.

Edited by Alfa1561

To me, it looks like Paul getting ran over was just desync and I feel from what has been mentioned that him not being made to roleplay the hit seems valid to me, you can't expect multiple people to roleplay something that didn't happen on their screens. The reasoning behind the CK is also valid, whether he got ran over or not you still decided to shoot at cops. I understand that you've made the argument of "if this didn't happen I wouldn't have done it" but you did do it and it should stick. 

In regards to the 911 call being made gonna gather another opinion before finalizing this appeal. 

Alright so after reading through I've come to a conclusion, but before concluding I'll answer questions that are on your appeal.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:42 PM, Jamie said:

first of all, the cops should've never been notified of me stealing the vehicle, I was in a distanced location surrounded by nothing but concrete.

After speaking with another administrator we've come to the conclusion that the 911 is valid, not only was the dealership there but right across from what you were breaking into the vehicle is a laundrette so the 911 being made is valid.

Secondly, this cop individual (can't recall the name) powergamed and shot me in the head after being run over and shot numerous times.

From reading the UCP logs I can't see any RP logs stating someone deliberately trying to ram Paul and with what's being said its hard to determine if Paul was actually hit on his and other screens, from what @Alfa1561 has mentioned: "Now, if you've ever been properly hit by a car in owl, you'll know that it makes you fall on the ground for a few moments before you can get up. If you get hit by a car due to lag and it only appears on other peoples screens, the person sometimes does a short anim before snapping back to where they are". As the ram wasn't RP'ed it's very hard to prove if he was hit or not and how bad and therefore I agree with the decision made by the handling admin. Regardless if Paul got ran over or not you would have still been shot down as there was another officer on the scene at the time of the shooting.

And last but not least, if the portion above was voided, I would've never initiated the shootout because he was aiming at me with a firearm before he got ran over.

I kinda answered this above but you chose to pull your firearm and began shooting disregarding your life, from reading the logs you started shooting first according to the district logs so you initiated.

This appeal is denied because in mine and others opinion you were disregarding your life by shooting at cops.

• Like 1