Belgica

Legal RP

1 hour ago, Radhwan said:

unless FMT make rules and applies them, you can't really do anything about this.

The goal wasn't to get rules implemented. Unfortunately for legal RP, that tends to frighten people to get involved.

I'd much rather see a couple of good examples become succesful.

Stepping on all sectors would get you more money for sure. Why is that a problem?

33 minutes ago, GeroXy said:

Stepping on all sectors would get you more money for sure. Why is that a problem?

Because it creates a monopoly, which makes it super hard for other people to found another similar company which can provide competition in the market, and if there's no competition, there's no innovation, meaning no progression at all.

1 minute ago, Shaderz said:

Because it creates a monopoly, which makes it super hard for other people to found another similar company which can provide competition in the market, and if there's no competition, there's no innovation, meaning no progression at all.

How does it not provide competition? Example, If X Corporation provides a service, Y Corporation can provide the same service for competition.

16 hours ago, GeroXy said:

Actually you won't.

If they have 4 activities, they put 25% of the resources in each branch.

If they can put 100% of the resources in one branch, that branch will grow exponentially.

Sure, you can say it's risk-spreading. And I couldn't disagree with it, if you have a couple million to spare.

If you want to start a succesful, long-term project, you'll have to focus.

And as I said, it's a problem because you lower the inter-faction interaction.

People seem to like to be able to provide to their own needs, thus not needing outside sources.

So basically, they want to make money by selling stuff, while not spending money buying stuff/services.

If everyone thinks that way, which I have the impression is happening, only factions with special services will survive (imports, dealerships, generic items distribution, insurances,...)

16 hours ago, Shaderz said:

It's not truly a matter of monopoly.

It's a matter of diversification.

A monopoly is when you own the whole market in one specific niche.

When you own multiple, meaningless companies in a diversity of sectors, you end up... there's not even a word for it.

Either way, everyone does what he wants.

But I'm sure that the people who've grown factions in the legal sector to big projects will agree that focussing is the best way.

Spreading risk is for when your operation is big enough to handle it.

18 hours ago, Shaderz said:

As @Belgica has stated, it's not really a monopoly; but I agree with what you're getting at.

I've considered opening a cargo company to go up against DCS but they just have too many resources on their hands due to them owning DCS, CityScape, Dinoco Exotics, Dinoco Imports, amd all their other businesses.

In all honesty, them owning all of those businesses really kills the chances for small starting businesses because everyone's just gonna flock to their services because they're cheaper...

Hell, I ordered a garage door and Dinoco legit didn't even charge any fee(s) ontop of the item costs... No small company can really compete because they'd just be taking straight up losses on orders because they still have to pay for their vehicles, fuel, business licenses, employee wages, and whatever else...

DCS is pretty much a monopoly in the cargo service scene though, I will admit that...

I've pretty much given up on making a business in OG because of these big corporations already have all the damn resources in their hands...

I'd open a dealer to "import" and sell cars, but the VT isn't allowing anymore dealers... 😐

I'm currently toying with the idea of a Real Estate agency, but I can never find good deals on houses because everyone always wants $30,000 more than the government price for their house with a really shitty custom interior that looks like a toddler made it in Minecraft...

Then when you do find a house with an epic interior, they want $50,000+ more than it's really worth...

Honestly, the economy on Owl is just too broken for new factions due to various reasons... The only way you're gonna be successful is if you're either offering an exclusive service that requires scripted features, or you're roleplay'ly building cars for the speed whores of Owl Gaming.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

1 minute ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

As belgica has said, it's not really a monopoly; but I agree with what you're getting at.

I've considered opening a cargo company to go up against DCS but they just have too many resources on their hands due to them owning DCS, CityScape, Dinoco Exotics, Dinoco Imports, amd all their other businesses.

In all honesty, them owning all of those businesses really kills the chances for small starting businesses because everyone's just gonna flock to their services because they're cheaper...

Hell, I ordered a garage door and Dinoco legit didn't even charge any fee(s) ontop of the item costs... No small company can really compete because they'd just be taking straight up losses on orders because they still have to pay for their vehicles, fuel, business licenses, employee wages, and whatever else...

I've pretty much given up on making a business in OG because of these big corporations already have all the damn resources in their hands...

I'd open a dealer to "import" and sell cars, but the VT isn't allowing anymore dealers... 😐

I think you're missing the point.

You cannot realistically just open up a logistics company, all business or investments need money behind it to succeed. Dinoco had been consistantly active before receiving the logistics script, but your faction has no footing in the legal market, and honestly its your fault.

If you innovate instead of doing the same then you can compete agaisnt the big corporations. SLD were massive before DCS came along, we operated out of a small warehouse and with the money that I put by from the months before we were able to compete agaisnt SLD agaisnt all odds. JGC took on too much and the faction was unmanagable, when I took over it was beyond repair hence the takeover.

Back in the day under Wullie Corp, I'd do all the work myself because I didnt have the money to pay an entire workforce. Dinoco nearly died when we overexpanded about a year back. Unlike others we've received no funding/support from FT, so its not just pot luck that we are as big as we are, I have business knowledge and know how to run a legal faction. If I can do it, so can you. Hell, a few months back FT didnt even acknowledge Dinoco as a faction and we pretty much came out of nowhere.

A lot of people use the excuse of "we cant compete", well it just seems that you are not playing your cards right. Can't just expect everything given to you.

4 minutes ago, Mogs said:

A lot of people use the excuse of "we cant compete", well it just seems that you are not playing your cards right. Can't just expect everything given to you.

How can we compete when people are gonna flock to DCS for the $0 fees on item Imports?

Small logistic company startups aren't ginna get anywhere with DCS in business.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

Just now, Dylanjeter1 said:

How can we compete when people are gonna flock to DCS for the $0 fees on item Imports?

Don't charge fees?

Just now, Mogs said:

Don't charge fees?

I ordered two garage doors, total came out to be $1,222 and that's all I was quoted to pay by DCS' employee 😂

Edited by Dylanjeter1

I ordered two garage doors, total came out to be $1,222 and that's all I was quoted to pay by DCS' employee 😂

DCS order items at a discounted price, thats where we make our money and thats why we dont need to charge delivery.

1 minute ago, Mogs said:

I think you're missing the point.

You cannot realistically just open up a logistics company, all business or investments need money behind it to succeed. Dinoco had been consistantly active before receiving the logistics script, but your faction has no footing in the legal market, and honestly its your fault.

If you innovate instead of doing the same then you can compete agaisnt the big corporations. SLD were massive before DCS came along, we operated out of a small warehouse and with the money that I put by from the months before we were able to compete agaisnt SLD agaisnt all odds. JGC took on too much and the faction was unmanagable, when I took over it was beyond repair hence the takeover.

Back in the day under Wullie Corp, I'd do all the work myself because I didnt have the money to pay an entire workforce. Dinoco nearly died when we overexpanded about a year back. Unlike others we've received no funding/support from FT, so its not just pot luck that we are as big as we are, I have business knowledge and know how to run a legal faction. If I can do it, so can you. Hell, a few months back FT didnt even acknowledge Dinoco as a faction and we pretty much came out of nowhere.

Correct.

The most succesful factions are the ones that have a lot to loose.

If you put your own money in it, you'll be more motivated. Cargo Group for example, was a mess (management-wise). There was a constant leadership shift and it became really more of an overvalued RS Haul.

How could you compete with Dinoco Imports?

Start a company with 1 truck. Specialize in a niche-market (special transport for large items, try to get a Gov contract for transporting something they have, transport money, transport gas/fuel...). Have members who can passive RP deliveries and post that on the forums. Get noticed and appreciation from the FMT for the content you provide.

If you get noticed, they'll get in touch with you, or you can get in touch with them after some time. 

If they deem it worthy, you'll be receiving perks and possibilites.

The vehicle scene is indeed a bit of a problem. 

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of dealerships are not as a ctive as they should/could be. But that's a matter for dissapoint to discuss/evaluate.

Just now, Dylanjeter1 said:

That's because they get a wholesale price (at least I hope they don't spawn stuff for 1$ like CG used to...).

3 minutes ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

Small logistic company startups aren't ginna get anywhere with DCS in business.

You missed the point again.

DCS was also a small logistics company when SLD and Logistics were in the game. If DCS, being born from a scratch, can grow up to be one of the leading companies, why can't yours?

DCS also opens up a lot of opportunities for others. We provide discounts for business, allowing then to profit of items they may resell. Look at Shanks' jewelery store, there wouldnt be much of a market if he wasnt able to order at a discounted rate.

Called good business sense. People will most likely go to the business that doesn't have fees instead of ones that do. This then creates a return of customers and well rest is history.

My company currently started with my own money with investors, have been going strong for wow 6 months+ now. Having said that we realised we took too much on and are therefore shrinking our focuses into areas which coincide together (aka they all fit together but it's easier to have 3 sectors under one roof for management purposes). The aim was always to do stuff others haven't done although one part is competition too since thats realistic.

As for Dinoco havent been part of them for wow again 5 months or so? It's clear to see that the owners and shareholders have good business sense. If they didn't they wouldn't be where they are now. 

Really a truly,

I've made more money by buying and selling modified cars...

I legit once bought a Lancer Evolution that went 286 for $150,000 then built its reputation up at the race track by winning the drags and sold it to some speed whore who kept offering me $600,000 for it.

Really a truly,

I've made more money by buying and selling modified cars...

I legit once bought a Lancer Evolution that went 286 for $150,000 then built its reputation up at the race track by winning the drags and sold it to some speed whore who kept offering me $600,000 for it.

There's more money in legal RP, its not all cars as you seem to think.

Heck, we made a return of 1.7mil last month, and vehicle imports are by far our lowest earners.

11 minutes ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

How do you think DCS managed to beat all of its competitors to become the largest logistics company in San Andreas?

Dinoco already had a massive reputation in Los Santos before DCS and on top of that, we offered the cheapest and the fastest services which made it an easy choice for the people.

You can't create a faction and expect to become a real competitor within a week if your company doesn't already have a good reputation or if you don't have anything that differs yourself from the current factions that offer the same services.

Just now, Mogs said:

Heck, we made a return of 1.7mil last month, and vehicle imports are by far our lowest earners.

Vehicle imports is heavily regulated (luckily), so that pushes down the profits.

I'm guessing a good share comes from the generics.

I just hope you pay correct prices for these goods.

Not looking to get your details 😛

This thread is more about the concept of legal RP in oG.

2 minutes ago, Belgica said:

Vehicle imports is heavily regulated (luckily), so that pushes down the profits.

I'm guessing a good share comes from the generics.

I just hope you pay correct prices for these goods.

Not looking to get your details 😛

This thread is more about the concept of legal RP in oG.

DCS pay the correct fees, a warning comes up for admins everytime an item is spawned so it is heavily monitored.

DCS is a good earner, not our biggest. Red Rose is our biggest I believe.

2 minutes ago, Mogs said:

I actually stopped caring for cars so much tbh.

I went from 7 cars a week and a half ago down to just 1 as of two days ago.

I sold everything except for my Jeep.

I'm trying to find a business idea to invest my cash and time into, but it's hard to do with all these big businesses with 10x more money and a lot more acquaintances in the community than me.

I used to make a lot if cash back when i was working with Tidemo in his companies, but now that he quit MTA to go over to GTA V; I can't find shit to do anymore.

I've honestly actually considered quitting too.

Legal Roleplay is just too hard to get into anymore.