[CK Application Process] - Discuss

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

CK Application Process

I want to...:

Discuss

Elaboration:

So I have been doing some thinking about how Owl generally limits certian aspects of Criminal Roleplay in order to cut down on the number of CKs.

This of course has its pros and cons however, there appears to be a major flaw in the system; Admins denying CKs and making suggestions instead of a CK.

I will give you an example:

Player A has reasonable grounds to kill a rival, and files for a CK application. Admins look it over and deny it, instead suggesting or asking why Player A doesn't take option B/C (maim or whatever). Player A feels now that this is his only recourse to attempt to complete his goal. Player A goes ahead with another course of action, and then his rival, Player B uses that as a reason to CK him in return.

Essentially, I just wanted to ensure that admins were taking this into consideration when denying CK appeals and also weighing in the various styles of roleplay and illegal organizations.

IE - Italian Mafia's typically have a fairly formal process for dealing with killings, Street Gangs are typically bangers, and Easter European groups tend to be more violent and open to murder in order to eliminate rivals or solve problems.

At the end of the day, I just want to ensure that players are not opening themselves up to CKs because admins denied a CK and the player had no other option than to leave his target capable of striking back.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

dont understand the suggestion sorry to say zxebulon

Basically admins should be more open to CKs with legitimate reasons even if they feel its not "the only course of action" 

I see where you're coming from like the other course of action that Player A does could be used on a CK applications with Player B retaliates. But you can avoid that by ensuring you have sufficient evidence to get your CK app approved. If it gets denied don't just go by another course of action, get more reasons and apply again.

Edited by Restrepo

Wouldn't this mean basically going against what GAT is trying to accomplish atm with reducing CK's?

18 minutes ago, Unitts said:

Why not player kill them? 

this is a conversation i had few months ago with an user, he was bragging about me changing his tires for free after he got PKed.

8imT7F.jpg

but his attitude is changed, he is a better player now (i hope)

19 minutes ago, ItsMelodyy said:

Wouldn't this mean basically going against what GAT is trying to accomplish atm with reducing CK's?

link to the info thread on this subject please

17 minutes ago, ItsMelodyy said:

Yes.

I think it's become overbearing and creates more reports/struggles/player to player conflict than a straight kill of the situation is reasonable.

Instead of Admins trying to find alternatives, have them find if the situation is reasonable or not.

The issue I see is that by limiting CKs youre also limiting the other alternatives to CKs because people will just wait till they have enough as @Restrepo said out of fear of retaliation.

How to say, I know that basically, 90% of people who have a possibility to CK another player will force to CK what I find dumb. Why go for CK always when we can force more PK situations that way people don't lose their developed char's and will be more careful after the PK. Reducing CK's amount is good because it actually makes it more realistic and gets people to solve the problems the different way. There's always a solution to any problem.

8 minutes ago, Maboo said:

How to say, I know that basically, 90% of people who have a possibility to CK another player will force to CK what I find dumb. Why go for CK always when we can force more PK situations that way people don't lose their developed char's and will be more careful after the PK. Reducing CK's amount is good because it actually makes it more realistic and gets people to solve the problems the different way. There's always a solution to any problem.

As much as I support PKs over CKs, you'll still get CKd by PD for PKing somebody or a massive jailtime / life imprisonment if you give up.

I don't want to hear none of that "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" it's like saying "why RP illegal when you can just rice the fuck out of your car and hang at Pizza Stack"

Edited by Matey

2 minutes ago, Matey said:

I thought PKs aren't a thing anymore? Like you're forced to RP surviving headshots.

Yeah, there´s  like a 5% chance to survive a headshot, which is pretty unlikely, can´t really rp that suddenly every gangster in los santos is lucky af

3 minutes ago, noahcool111 said:

Yeah, there´s  like a 5% chance to survive a headshot, which is pretty unlikely, can´t really rp that suddenly every gangster in los santos is lucky af

Cops make this even worse by RPing getting hit in the shoulder or the vest 😩

PKs have been a problem on MTA for ages and it feels like it's getting worse here, then you have @ItsMelodyy talking about how GAT wants to reduce the amount of CKs when, in reality, the PK system is broken itself.

Edited by Matey

1 hour ago, jonthulhu said:

CK requests made by members of illegal factions against members of other illegal factions should be easier to get accepted in my opinion. Because the criminal world is meant to be dangerous, one wrong move or word to the wrong person and you disappear. I understand limiting CKs on legal roleplayers, but limiting CKs on illegal characters is limiting illegal roleplay itself. 

+1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:16 PM, jonthulhu said:

CK requests made by members of illegal factions against members of other illegal factions should be easier to get accepted in my opinion. Because the criminal world is meant to be dangerous, one wrong move or word to the wrong person and you disappear. I understand limiting CKs on legal roleplayers, but limiting CKs on illegal characters is limiting illegal roleplay itself. 

+1