tree

[General] - San Tortuguilla, or any other island.

Would you like a return of an island map?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a return of an island map?

• No.
    • Yes, with the San Tortuguilla map.
    • Yes, with an entire new map.

20 minutes ago, OhhPixelz said:

As much as I'd like to see this back it's clearly not feasible. The reason it was removed was because it was an unused ghost town, not only does it bring an unnecessarily large amount of objects into the dimension 0 potentially causing lag for people who have lesser PC's specifications than others, it'll be pointless.

Look at the Go-West initiative, if we're unable to move as a server to a different part of the city then how are we going to maintain and keep a city that is only accessible by boat/plane active? As much as I like the lure of the island and the many new roleplay scenarios it created back when it was a thing and the new ones it could create from being re-implemented it just will not work.

In terms of realism over there that's something we're not going to be able to achieve and in a roleplay server we obviously attempt to get things as immersive as possible and get it to the realistic portrayal we physically can in a game this old. There would be no active law enforcement, if there was there would only be 1-2 people who would ultimately become either overworked from people committing crimes and then forcing the other law enforcement members to travel over from the active city, thus making it even more difficult for LS. Or on the other hand they would become bored from the nothingness the island offers and go back to main land.

By creating these OOC measures, like "No crime can be committed" just adds more rules. We try to shy away from creating more rules that limit RP already, we're aware there's some in place that people disagree with but we're trying to work out the best(Referring to the interior break in situation where it's been made more accessible to players with script updates and rule updates). Not only would we have to make this rule it would also have to be enforced, how can we do this with limited resources?

Overall, the amount of effort that'll be needed not only from an administrative point of view, that being creating the island ensuring it's being ran smooth and putting the time in needed to make it feel like an actual island would be for nothing. Interiors being made, ensuring the prices and interiors are correct. The businesses wouldn't be able to get stocked and it would more hassle than it's worth. Also from a players perspective they would have to ensure the island is being used for the amount of effort put in to create and run this just wouldn't match. It's a huge no from myself and I'm aware the majority would like to this, but it will be a waste of time, effort and resources.

EDIT:

I read through a few replies I previously missed and the amount of arbitrary laws and rules that come hand in hand with this island is insanely stupid as well, that's another reason why it will not work.

You've made quite many good points there, I wish to reply to some however. As for the common "lag" reason, that is simply not true. Until you are on the island, you won't suffer of any additional lag. You'll only have a few more KBs on server join for download. The "No crime can be committed" and any other kind of rule is what it was on the previous STA project.  I don't think it is wise to keep those rules. After discussing with Chaos, we both agreed that LSPD simply cant have permanent units on STA, but instead, it would be wise to have a security firm over there (like PSS) which would handle the daily issues and call DPS/PD on demand.

The Go-West initiative is certainly a good one, but San Tortuguilla and that initiative aren't the same at all. The goal isn't to have active players at STA all the time. It's to offer players who wish to evade somewhere else, on a "paradise" island, for some hours and then come back at Los Santos. Even if it remains somewhat inactive, what is the issue? It does not take any resource other than a few data space and PSS member. And I know many boat lover and aviation lover will often go there. That is even more roleplay for DPS and PD who has always wished to increase their marine support unit.

I do not believe it will require much effort from an administrative point of view. 

This is not an extension to the Los Santos roleplay zone. It's not like we're opening SF or LV. 

People won't stay at STA, it is not a place to live. Only to visit sometimes.

2 minutes ago, tree said:

You've made quite many good points there, I wish to reply to some however. As for the common "lag" reason, that is simply not true. Until you are on the island, you won't suffer of any additional lag. You'll only have a few more KBs on server join for download. The "No crime can be committed" and any other kind of rule is what it was on the previous STA project.  I don't think it is wise to keep those rules. After discussing with Chaos, we both agreed that LSPD simply cant have permanent units on STA, but instead, it would be wise to have a security firm over there (like PSS) which would handle the daily issues and call DPS/PD on demand.

The Go-West initiative is certainly a good one, but San Tortuguilla and that initiative aren't the same at all. The goal isn't to have active players at STA all the time. It's to offer players who wish to evade somewhere else, on a "paradise" island, for some hours and then come back at Los Santos. Even if it remains somewhat inactive, what is the issue? It does not take any resource other than a few data space and PSS member. And I know many boat lover and aviation lover will often go there. That is even more roleplay for DPS and PD who has always wished to increase their marine support unit.

I do not believe it will require much effort from an administrative point of view. 

This is not an extension to the Los Santos roleplay zone. It's not like we're opening SF or LV. 

What i fear though is that legal rpers are mostly gonna stay there, and all the illegals stay in LS which would just cause separatism

4 minutes ago, noahcool111 said:

What i fear though is that legal rpers are mostly gonna stay there, and all the illegals stay in LS which would just cause separatism

As mentionned before, there would be no ownable or rentable appartment, nowhere to live there. 

So it would be occasional trips really.

And illegals could go there too. Read what I wrote above.

1 minute ago, tree said:

As mentionned before, there would be no ownable or rentable appartment, nowhere to live there. 

So it would be occasional trips really.

And illegals could go there too. Read what I wrote above.

What i´m saying is that the island is gonna be all locked up with security and legals just go there to be all safe and then when they log off they just return to LS

5 minutes ago, noahcool111 said:

What i´m saying is that the island is gonna be all locked up with security and legals just go there to be all safe and then when they log off they just return to LS

I doubt there will be MUCH security around other than at the airport and perhaps one or two guys in the streets.

There are many creative ways to get to there carrying illegal belongings, either with a boat or anything. There are many entries on the island.

1 hour ago, tree said:

This is the point. Visit sometimes is a push personally, it will not be used. Why round up and somewhat force these imaginary 'San Tortugilla PSS Troopers' to give up their active roleplay in the city to stand around and watch what ultimately be the supposed ricer people flaunt their assets for no real reason. It'll be used for the first week then gradually die down into what it was when it was previously removed.

Great idea, real shame it's not fit enough to be implemented.

1 minute ago, OhhPixelz said:

This is the point. Visit sometimes is a push personally, it will not be used. Why round up and somewhat force these imaginary 'San Tortugilla PSS Troopers' to give up their active roleplay in the city to stand around and watch what ultimately be the supposed ricer people flaunt their assets for no real reason. It'll be used for the first week then gradually die down into what it was when it was previously removed.

Great idea, real shame it's not fit enough to be implemented.

I really get your point, but still disagree. Thanks for bringing it up though, it certainly helps in discussing the matter.

Another argument is to increase the aviation roleplay, part of my thread at : 

Being in constant contact with aviation lovers, as I lead LSIA, I know that even if the island would die out of inactivity, it'd remain as a destination choice for pilots. 

But that's just a small positive argument that does not impact 75% of the playerbase for sure lol.

If the Island is back LSPD will definitely do something about it and maybe establish a boats unit that patrols the waters around it. Will definitely bring some good RP to both LSPD, illegal factions and aviation.

Hey @tree

Wasn't Oceania the city off of the cost of San Fierro? The one that had an airport, beaches, houses, and a small business district?

If so, I would personally love to see that one come back; however, I wouldn't make the houses buyable but instead rentable with rather expensive rental rates... This would be to keep people from staying there, but instead to treat it as-if a vacation place to stay for a few days/hours then go back to Los Santos.

5 hours ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

Hey @tree

Wasn't Oceania the city off of the cost of San Fierro? The one that had an airport, beaches, houses, and a small business district?

If so, I would personally love to see that one come back; however, I wouldn't make the houses buyable but instead rentable with rather expensive rental rates... This would be to keep people from staying there, but instead to treat it as-if a vacation place to stay for a few days/hours then go back to Los Santos.

You were right about Oceana.

However Oceana had no improved mapping, way too many objects (3x more than San Tortuguilla, near 1000!) and had truly no other places than just mansions.

So it is not a good idea. 

Plus the UA has told me STA can't have any residential interior either for rent or for sale. Only businesses on STA. Which I perfectly understand, we do not want the playerbase to move there. Only the interested people could either take a plane or boat and have fun for a few hours before coming back to Los Santos.

9 hours ago, tree said:

You were right about Oceana.

However Oceana had no improved mapping, way too many objects (3x more than San Tortuguilla, near 1000!) and had truly no other places than just mansions.

So it is not a good idea. 

Plus the UA has told me STA can't have any residential interior either for rent or for sale. Only businesses on STA. Which I perfectly understand, we do not want the playerbase to move there. Only the interested people could either take a plane or boat and have fun for a few hours before coming back to Los Santos.

I won't be participating then,

That's exactly how STA was past time and it sucked, in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

Rather go to the beach in Los Santos.

Quicker and easier and you can still RP there.

Edited by Dylanjeter1

tbh, it would be cool because there'd be something else than LS, people getting bored of RP'ing in the same city.   I wish the RP was extended on LV too, at least the countryside.

12 minutes ago, Razvanjmen said:

tbh, it would be cool because there'd be something else than LS, people getting bored of RP'ing in the same city.   I wish the RP was extended on LV too, at least the countryside.

Already implemented