Zebulon

[STATE] The People V. Kevin Taylor [08/06]

"Your Honor,

Due to Mister O'Reilly being qualified as an Expert Witness by the court, his opinion should be deemed legitimate evidence."

(( @bartman ))

"Objection, can the Defense be more specific?"

(( @doo2doo2 ))

1 hour ago, doo2doo2 said:

" Yes your honor. 1st I would like to point out my objection to the last question as it is asking for the witness opinion rather than facts and would like it to be not considered in this case.

Now comming to my question, Chief according to the department policies, what would be the correct procedure in the case of the alleged violation ? "

(( @Zebulon @bartman @yannickboy15 ))

1 hour ago, Zebulon said:

"Your Honor,

Due to Mister O'Reilly being qualified as an Expert Witness by the court, his opinion should be deemed legitimate evidence."

(( @bartman ))

"Objection, can the Defense be more specific?"

(( @doo2doo2 ))

"I side with the Prosecution firstly, This is no different than the prosecution asking another doctor if the Defendant was negligent in a medical malpractice case.

I will however allow the witness to answer the question posed by the Defense in terms of what the correct protocol would be for such a situation."

Edited by bartman

"When someone breaches our policies, it goes through Internal Affairs. Internal Affairs is right now being done by Billy McBob, who I work together with. We do an investigation on what was breached, how it was breached and how severe it was. Based on that we may issue an infraction. This could be a reprimand, suspension or a discharge. If it becomes to a criminal violation, the DA gets involved as they do that at PD as well."

"So it is safe to assume that previously policies weren't being enforced properly specially with the leadership problems dps had? 

If so one could conclude that most dps members in fact didnt really follow the policies, right ? "

(( @Zebulon @bartman @yannickboy15 ))

"I am cross examining the  prosecution witness so I can ask him leading questions, any law school graduate should know that.

I did not assume any facts your honor I am asking the witness as the expert in the matter if these assumptions are true but never claimed them to be facts."

Edited by doo2doo2

"I believe I can't speak for that, as I was not in the position to know this stuff. When I got into the position, we fired a lot of people."

" it is your honor, since according to the available data it seems like the policies of the department werent practically enforced, thus singling out my client for breach of policies is absurd "

3 hours ago, doo2doo2 said:

" it is your honor, since according to the available data it seems like the policies of the department werent practically enforced, thus singling out my client for breach of policies is absurd "

"Unless Counsel can present said "Available data" in a coherent and undeniable manner that suggests that policies weren't enforced under Mr. Taylor's own leadership here and now, I will side with the prosecution and strike the question from the record. The witness is not on trial here."

(( @doo2doo2 @Zebulon ))

*Pasqual Monsalve strolls into the courtroom in a casual manner. He dons a Kiton K-50 suit and a Rolex Pearlmaster 39 watch on his left wrist. He sits down on the defendant's side and adjusts his outfit.