Jump to content
Chaos

Developer Diary #6 - Community Feedback

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, solql said:

But I feel like a system like that takes away any way for myself to roleplay drug effects on my characters. It’s not always the same from person to person apart from the big obvious effects you get from each substance. Use patterns and method is a variable and having forced overdoses and even effects themselves is off-putting if you ask me. What happens if my character loses access and starts to experience withdrawal, and what if he finally gains access and overestimates his dosage leading to a minor overdose? That’s one of the risks with cut access and an actual phenomenon that kills people.

Legit it's how real life addiction is, if you can't find it and you start to experience withdrawal you go out looking for a new supplier, and sometimes you miss judge your dosage and enter overdose, you might be saved in time, or, you might be CKed by your own dosage, thing is, if we want players to buy drugs, you need to add things that help you ICly, and, since it can't be all good, some disavantages must be put in place, what is for sure is the fact that currently in MTA almost nobody buys drugs unless it's for VM (which was created due to nobody buying any) because there's no point, apart from the roleplay, which, isen't enough.

I mean, i kinda get your point, but people will always attempt to take advantage of things, and without something as scripted addiction you'll have players taking a kilo of coke up their nose during a fight and then walking around without any roleplay signs of it. (legit we might need some /ame's of sniffing your hands and stuff added too, depending on the drugs you're on. and also the new kids drugs, lean and thing that appeared in the 2000's 2010's)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Legit it's how real life addiction is, if you can't find it and you start to experience withdrawal you go out looking for a new supplier, and sometimes you miss judge your dosage and enter overdose, you might be saved in time, or, you might be CKed by your own dosage, thing is, if we want players to buy drugs, you need to add things that help you ICly, and, since it can't be all good, some disavantages must be put in place, what is for sure is the fact that currently in MTA almost nobody buys drugs unless it's for VM (which was created due to nobody buying any) because there's no point, apart from the roleplay, which, isen't enough.

I mean, i kinda get your point, but people will always attempt to take advantage of things, and without something as scripted addiction you'll have players taking a kilo of coke up their nose during a fight and then walking around without any roleplay signs of it. (legit we might need some /ame's of sniffing your hands and stuff added too, depending on the drugs you're on. and also the new kids drugs, lean and thing that appeared in the 2000's 2010's)

Addiction is sure a way to keep drugs on the streets and in demand. I understand the screams for people not wanting their RP forced on them but as seen on MTA, when you have the option, a small percentage of people will only be realistic with it in an honest way and RP an addiction, others choose to think they're immune.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chaos how are you guys going to deal with hackers? Believe it or not, it's already a thing on RageMP, anything from health hacks to spawning weapons, even changing the weather and making it snow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Legit it's how real life addiction is, if you can't find it and you start to experience withdrawal you go out looking for a new supplier, and sometimes you miss judge your dosage and enter overdose, you might be saved in time, or, you might be CKed by your own dosage, thing is, if we want players to buy drugs, you need to add things that help you ICly, and, since it can't be all good, some disavantages must be put in place, what is for sure is the fact that currently in MTA almost nobody buys drugs unless it's for VM (which was created due to nobody buying any) because there's no point, apart from the roleplay, which, isen't enough.

I mean, i kinda get your point, but people will always attempt to take advantage of things, and without something as scripted addiction you'll have players taking a kilo of coke up their nose during a fight and then walking around without any roleplay signs of it. (legit we might need some /ame's of sniffing your hands and stuff added too, depending on the drugs you're on. and also the new kids drugs, lean and thing that appeared in the 2000's 2010's)

I get your guys' points as well.

 

But I think we disagree and that's fine, we're bound to run into a disagreement and we're not fighting over it!

But I don't really see the need to make people want to buy drugs by giving them some super powers. I understand your reason but I think it's the wrong way to go. We're all familiar with why people take drugs in real life (as if there were a set of reasons, but I mean we can all think of SOME reasons) and that reason isn't to run 5% faster, punch quicker or harder, or gain more health. Yes, you do have performance enhancing substances, but it doesn't give you a significant effect. It doesn't work that way in real life and I think it'd be the wrong type of motivation to get people into drug roleplay.

 

If I'm selfish for wanting to continue drug roleplay the way I've always done it and enjoyed it, tell me. But I fear I'm going to be forced into some state, or game logic script-wise that is wholly unwanted from my side when I'm roleplaying a functioning alcoholic or druggie. The type of person that can portion their drug and use it with a high frequency all casual like to function in the day to day. "Function" - it's not always sunny, green grass and happy thoughts involved with drug use and that's my own little melancholic roleplay story. An older, more mature character that has used their drug for decades and had a turbulent start but ended up in a stable consumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, solql said:

I get your guys' points as well.

 

But I think we disagree and that's fine, we're bound to run into a disagreement and we're not fighting over it!

But I don't really see the need to make people want to buy drugs by giving them some super powers. I understand your reason but I think it's the wrong way to go. We're all familiar with why people take drugs in real life (as if there were a set of reasons, but I mean we can all think of SOME reasons) and that reason isn't to run 5% faster, punch quicker or harder, or gain more health. Yes, you do have performance enhancing substances, but it doesn't give you a significant effect. It doesn't work that way in real life and I think it'd be the wrong type of motivation to get people into drug roleplay.

 

If I'm selfish for wanting to continue drug roleplay the way I've always done it and enjoyed it, tell me. But I fear I'm going to be forced into some state, or game logic script-wise that is wholly unwanted from my side when I'm roleplaying a functioning alcoholic or druggie. The type of person that can portion their drug and use it with a high frequency all casual like to function in the day to day. "Function" - it's not always sunny, green grass and happy thoughts involved with drug use and that's my own little melancholic roleplay story. An older, more mature character that has used their drug for decades and had a turbulent start but ended up in a stable consumption.

 

Well, sadly it's the only way for drugs to be used in RP servers, you can see it perfectly in Owl right now on MTA, with this, we can have players actually selling on the streets, which i think they will enjoy much more. Legit no more VM's needed for drugs. (BTW i think some drugs shouldn't come with "super powers" but just visual effects, like LSD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

 

Well, sadly it's the only way for drugs to be used in RP servers, you can see it perfectly in Owl right now on MTA, with this, we can have players actually selling on the streets, which i think they will enjoy much more. Legit no more VM's needed for drugs. (BTW i think some drugs shouldn't come with "super powers" but just visual effects, like LSD.

simulating LSD is very hard if you haven't tried a 200 mic dose

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 5:53 AM, Chaos said:

Text, voice RP is not serious.

It depends on which RP server you tried the voice on.

There's a channel on Youtube called Bay Area Buggs , he uploads Episodes from a RP voice-based server 

You can watch it to find out how serious it is.

 

+ Text is so old-fashioned and doesn't not compatible with the improvements you are going to make on the way of playing the game

It is so bad for the slow writers and it may delay the events

 

Untitled.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MoSalad said:

It depends on which RP server you tried the voice on.

There's a channel on Youtube called Bay Area Buggs , he uploads Episodes from a RP voice-based server 

You can watch it to find out how serious it is.

 

+ Text is so old-fashioned and doesn't not compatible with the improvements you are going to make on the way of playing the game

It is so bad for the slow writers and it may delay the events

 

Untitled.jpg

 

If you're going to quote from our sites:

erFZ7oj.png

 

We never intend to be a voice based RP server. It is difficult to moderate, results in less immersion, and will never be as serious as text. For certain types of RP like PD we always have Teamspeak which we intend to continue to use and perhaps criminals can join in on that sort of fun as well.

And no text is not incompatible with any changes and improvements we made.

 

9 hours ago, Matey said:

@Chaos how are you guys going to deal with hackers? Believe it or not, it's already a thing on RageMP, anything from health hacks to spawning weapons, even changing the weather and making it snow.

Ban them. There are certain things we already do in our code to prevent some types of hacks but a majority of it is up to the RageMP devs. Spawning money/weather/etc should be preventable in our codebase, hard to comment right now as I haven't seen any of that happen yet. We'll have to play it by ear.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MoSalad said:

It depends on which RP server you tried the voice on.

There's a channel on Youtube called Bay Area Buggs , he uploads Episodes from a RP voice-based server 

You can watch it to find out how serious it is.

 

+ Text is so old-fashioned and doesn't not compatible with the improvements you are going to make on the way of playing the game

It is so bad for the slow writers and it may delay the events

 

Untitled.jpg

 

Being strictly voice RP adds in additional barriers for players. What about those without a headset? What if I can't use my headset at home 24/7? What if I want to RP at work on my lunch break? I'd also argue that using voice doesn't necessarily make 'gameplay more fluid' since you throw in a bunch of extra complexities such as language & accents.

Aside from that, voice vs text isn't what I meant when I wrote that paragraph - it was referring to the interaction with server objects (e.g. stores) and reducing the dependency on mastering commands.

 

14 hours ago, Matey said:

@Chaos how are you guys going to deal with hackers? Believe it or not, it's already a thing on RageMP, anything from health hacks to spawning weapons, even changing the weather and making it snow.

Anti-cheat.

Edited by Daniels
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no offense but I do not want to hear @Mogs voice

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Restrepo said:

no offense but I do not want to hear @Mogs voice

shut up

  • Haha 3
  • Salty 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 12:36 AM, TheNeonGuy said:

I nEeD tO dRiFt It BrOs, on the real doe, you can drift GTA V cars as they are right now, and it's not that hard, i know the futo and benefactor schwartzer v12 are drift able vehicles, without any bugs, but, tbh, if you are just logging on a roleplay server for drifting, aren't drifting servers more suitable for you? (Yes, i know roleplaying these kinds of things are fun aswell, i roleplayed a street racer once myself.)

P.S.: Guides on how to drift in gta v (can be considered a bit of a "bug abusing" if UAT wishes to consider that, but lets hope not)
 

  Hide contents

 

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not purely gonna play to drift, though it's what my character would be focused on. It's not just the driving that makes it fun, it's the interactions with other drivers, wrenching on cars together in workshops and things like that. Just driving in some race server gets me bored but the RP keeps me excited.

 

While you -can- sort of drift some vehicles, being able to tweak the handling line can make it way better with way more controlability, making the driving better and the fun factor way higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koguchi said:

interactions with other drivers, wrenching on cars together in workshops and things like that. Just driving in some race server gets me bored but the RP keeps me excited.

/me opens hood
/me grabs mister wrench 10mm
/me proceeds to tweak his futo under the engine compartment
/me drives to the race meeting point
/b wenne reice?
/b when i honk we go
*honk x3*
/me races, and proceeds to roleplay with the losing foe, laughing at his inferior vehicle and boasts about how good he is
/me runs from the opps for street racing

*repeat*

I kinda made a 2015 joke into it, sorry, but you know... Legit you can still do that, and the mechanic job would help you patch up your car, so after you fix that bumper that fell off on that mad drift on the mountains, you patch it up. You can also drift pretty ok in gta v if you got some skill... Legit tired of seing pesky auctions of a 10k car with a 2k mod irl going for 100-400k in owl, it just ruins our economy.

 

Edited by TheNeonGuy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 6:38 AM, Daniels said:

The current plan is to use default GTA V vehicles and handling since both the vehicles and the handling mimic real life vehicles.

 

the car industry in owl is huge, i hope you guys do reconsider.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's better if it's made simple and just good using the default GTA V car names and types. There are so many of them that people get their desired car type, although not the name. It's easier to keep track of and maintain, and there are already many ways to upgrade and customize. I'm not here to tell people what to do or command them or whatever but if your roleplay is so focused on vehicles and upgrades and driving, it might surprise you to see that there is a lot of roleplay around that is not car oriented. If you're simply very car interested (I can get that, I know cars) then there are plenty of ways to interact with them and use them in game without implementing a huge vehicle system. Because then they become a status symbol (which they are in real life, but not to this extent: ) and people spend thousands on a vehicle instead of a house or other investments, and I fear that car meets are going to be the big thing you'd have to go to, to interact with other players.

 

My character has no reason to be in a car meet, but he's been brought around because that's the only place there are people

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 5:01 AM, ItzGinaa said:

the car industry in owl is huge, i hope you guys do reconsider.

so is the variety of default gta v vehicles

everything is gonna work out perfectly with the imense default cars.

bare with chaos and Daniels guys.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drugs should give you a boost, but give you less of a boost the more you use them and gradually drain your base stats slowly over time. For a quick burst it'd be better to pop some speed but you'll pay for it if you do it too much  which would make you dependent on it to get anything done - or those with the willpower to deal with lowered stats can gradually get those base stats back by not doing drugs.

 

Would give people reasons for being addicted or reasons for quitting using drugs without even needing an addiction system tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If they'll ever actually release the updates they announce ?

facts lmaooo we've been waiting for months now.

 

0.4 looks promising tho, they just teasing us rn.

 

Edit: I just got a boner.

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnhappyIncredibleBonobo.webm

 

Think about streaming a laptop / phone screen so people can see if you're calling somebody, browsing social media, etc.

Edited by Matey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Matey said:

Think about streaming a laptop / phone screen so people can see if you're calling somebody, browsing social media, etc.

1

yeah bro rp watching one of craazy's Pornhub releases

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, this whole GTA V thing is completely un-necessary in my opinion and ruins the fun of RP completely.  Sure it will bring in a younger, new audience, but is that REALLY a good thing? Do we really want underaged players and new people running around on a server? What is wrong with the MTA server? Nothing? In my opinion and from experience RP on GTA V feels very wrong, and too modern. The animations just do not fit well to a roleplay server and the physics engine is designed for continuous action, not the pause/start nature of Roleplay. I really think the development time invested in this would be better spent on developing the MTA server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jadamson said:

To be honest, this whole GTA V thing is completely un-necessary in my opinion and ruins the fun of RP completely.  Sure it will bring in a younger, new audience, but is that REALLY a good thing? Do we really want underaged players and new people running around on a server? What is wrong with the MTA server? Nothing? In my opinion and from experience RP on GTA V feels very wrong, and too modern. The animations just do not fit well to a roleplay server and the physics engine is designed for continuous action, not the pause/start nature of Roleplay. I really think the development time invested in this would be better spent on developing the MTA server.

I completely understand your point but eventually San Andreas will become redundant and so development in the newer generation is inevitable. 

Remember, it's a slow process and MTA Owl isn't going anywhere! :D 

Edited by Frostbiteee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.