Chaos

Developer Diary #6 - Community Feedback

On 8/5/2018 at 12:31 AM, remolten said:

An easy example here would be the cocaine. First time users will most likely die/get hospitalized if they take as much as say... Someone who has had a history of abuse with it.

With a drug that's less hard, like Marijuana. First time users would most like fall asleep compared to say, a rapper who smokes like 10 blunts a day average (this is just an example don't eat me)

With Psychedelics, the more you take, the more messed up your screen should be... Though I personally don't know the difference in experienced users and first timers on this one.

The problem is it leaves it up to an admins own knowledge or experience to know what would be considered a 'lethal dose' and there's no easy way to determine if the character has a history of drug abuse to see what they could handle.

On 8/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, Matey said:

First off, like you said, the drugs should indeed have benefits and consequences scritpwise.

Weed (+15 HP MAX), no addiction.

Cocaine (+30-50 HP MAX), addictive unless going to rehab. Withdrawal should put you in a loop animation or something where you can't get out of it and require medical assistance.

So on and so forth, that's just an idea.

Instead of an HP boost I think the idea was damage resistant, so you still take the damage but a modifier dampens it. And as stated, addiction would be a time consuming task that probably wouldn't be ready for launch but would be something I want to look at in the future.

As for forcing animations I know that will annoy/piss off some players after the 5 seconds of novelty wear off.

Regarding all the VT posts. We have no plans for VT to play a part in the GTAV server at this time. Vehicles are planned to stick to their GTAV names and offer customization using a similar system you see in GTA:O.

• Like 4

I think a VT could be super sick in GTA 5 and with the tons more cars in the game, would actually be a bit easier to manage thanks to not having 10 RL models assigned to one GTA model. The GTA 5 vehicle handling system also allows for some great adjustments, making creating nice handling lines a treat.

Having real life models also makes it a lot more realistic in my opinion and feels less like you're playing in a game world and more like a real one.

Putting together a solid team to run it would be a challenge though, together with setting up strict guidelines from the start to eliminate any confusions or headaches like we've had in MTA.

I feel like there's definitely opportunities in making it work, though I feel it'd still have to take a step back from how it's being done now.

If you manage to make it simple and effective, I don't see any downsides to it.

2 minutes ago, Koguchi said:

I think a VT could be super sick in GTA 5 and with the tons more cars in the game, would actually be a bit easier to manage thanks to not having 10 RL models assigned to one GTA model. The GTA 5 vehicle handling system also allows for some great adjustments, making creating nice handling lines a treat.

Having real life models also makes it a lot more realistic in my opinion and feels less like you're playing in a game world and more like a real one.

Putting together a solid team to run it would be a challenge though, together with setting up strict guidelines from the start to eliminate any confusions or headaches like we've had in MTA.

I feel like there's definitely opportunities in making it work, though I feel it'd still have to take a step back from how it's being done now.

If you manage to make it simple and effective, I don't see any downsides to it.

no

itll be nice to have lore friendly shit for once trust me

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Park said:

no

itll be nice to have lore friendly shit for once trust me

As a car lover, I just wanna be able to hop on the server every once in a while, build myself a cool Elegy Retro based drift car, have a tiny house somewhere remote and hidden and do some good old street skids in deserted areas with mates.

Unfortunately, to do so, I need to have a VT which enables me to do the sort of tweaks to the car that I need :P

2 hours ago, Koguchi said:

As a car lover, I just wanna be able to hop on the server every once in a while, build myself a cool Elegy Retro based drift car, have a tiny house somewhere remote and hidden and do some good old street skids in deserted areas with mates.

Unfortunately, to do so, I need to have a VT which enables me to do the sort of tweaks to the car that I need :P

No you don't need VT to do something like that. If the tweaks are available in store for purchase there is no need for the tedious import process, reviewing RP for modifications, etc.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MoSalad said:

How would be the communication in the server? by text or voice?

I hope it's gonna be voice communication for more realistic roleplaying

Text, voice RP is not serious.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Text, voice RP is not serious.

Voice RP is shit, tried it on FiveM, ended up coming across transgenders ? or 14 y/o's with sport cars holding AKs.

Edited by Matey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 8/5/2018 at 4:21 PM, Matey said:

For the clothing script, your character should only have 1-2 of each clothing part to choose from at the beginning, maybe have peds as well.

Certain clothes should be more expensive than others, there's Supreme (Bigness), Gucci / Louis Vuitton ( don't know the exact name, but there's a few pieces that remake these brands), Rolex watches (Crowex) and should be way more expensive than your regular Binco clothing.

hey men @Chaos I still need an answer to this

1)What's your thoughts about the mods that exist in GTA V such as turbo mod or any other mod? are you going to do something about it?

2)Will there be applications for the new players in the server? and if yes are they gonna be the same as MTA ones ?

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

No you don't need VT to do something like that. If the tweaks are available in store for purchase there is no need for the tedious import process, reviewing RP for modifications, etc.

Tbh, that'd suck alot if all you had to do would be going to a store like LSC in GTAO and trick out your car like that, would make it more of a RPG than an RP imo.

Simple things, I'm fine with doing a bit RPG like, but the serious stuff shouldn't be imo.  People complain about this being a "racing server" now, mark my words, it'll be even worse then because it'll be too easy. 

The import process is very tedious, I agree. Though this could be simplified and streamlined alot and even partly automated, making VT workload smaller, turnaround times faster and players happyer.

I enjoy drug and intoxication roleplay and I have an interest in it, (but I don't use drugs at all in real life, to make it clear) and I try to portray it as realistic as possible in my roleplay. Where a character subconsciously reacts to something drug related, be it a high or withdrawal. And to casually "use" throughout the day is a big part of my roleplay. If the drug is then used in-game, I think it would be a pain to be put in an animation. And to be locked to something when my character is experiencing withdrawal. Be it animations or walking stances and similar. I think it would be beneficial and convenient for some. But for somebody that are roleplaying with drugs all day long, I think it'd end up being in the way of, and prevent a more fluid and dynamic twist that I feel like I can personally portray without having additional help.

Same with the "benefits" of taking drugs. +15 health, stamina or similar. Things like these (if they were big enough to be visible and to gain something from it) could collide with my dystopian, - slow,  - terrible life that I'm roleplaying. Where I try to set in motion my own idea of how a person reacts to a drug addiction with despair, irritability, mood swings and even physical problems. Personality changes and so on. To be the end user of a substance that people and organizations have earned so much money from without caring for lives and welfare.

So I hope there is room for what I described, or that I can somewhat continue the type of drug roleplay of which I love while other people can take cocaine and have +15 HP and +5% faster running simultaneously, or whatever you have in plan.

(Not trying to criticize. All I'm trying is to add to this and give you guys an idea of what type of players you have waiting in line for your server. I do express assumptions but I'm not judging)

On 8/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, Koguchi said:

build myself a cool Elegy Retro based drift car, have a tiny house somewhere remote and hidden and do some good old street skids in deserted areas with mates.

I nEeD tO dRiFt It BrOs, on the real doe, you can drift GTA V cars as they are right now, and it's not that hard, i know the futo and benefactor schwartzer v12 are drift able vehicles, without any bugs, but, tbh, if you are just logging on a roleplay server for drifting, aren't drifting servers more suitable for you? (Yes, i know roleplaying these kinds of things are fun aswell, i roleplayed a street racer once myself.)

P.S.: Guides on how to drift in gta v (can be considered a bit of a "bug abusing" if UAT wishes to consider that, but lets hope not)

Spoiler

Btw @Chaos are you guys still going to consider the "tapping bug" on bikes a thing, i mean, it was legit made by rockstar as a thing, which is done irl to reduce drag to go faster.

Also, while on the subject, are you guys going to do anything about the downshifting thing? aka release W and tap handbrake once to reduce the gear and give it a slight boost, or are you ok with leaving it as a roleplay downshift?

Example:

Spoiler

Last thing, are you restricting the gameplay to first person? It legit is better, since it makes your character have to actually look over the wall to shoot someone, and makes you unable to shoot to the back on vehicles like the police cruiser or things that block the back like it. It really would stop the 3rd person abuse, while also providing more immersion.

Hype: ?

Edited by TheNeonGuy
17 hours ago, aca said:

1)What's your thoughts about the mods that exist in GTA V such as turbo mod or any other mod? are you going to do something about it?

2)Will there be applications for the new players in the server? and if yes are they gonna be the same as MTA ones ?

Please read previous announcements before asking. Both these have been answered. #1 was even answered in this thread.

1) We intend to add no mods except for ones that provide fixes to the base game. This is the same philosophy we have in MTA.

2) Yes, not the same questions.

3 hours ago, solql said:

So I hope there is room for what I described, or that I can somewhat continue the type of drug roleplay of which I love while other people can take cocaine and have +15 HP and +5% faster running simultaneously, or whatever you have in plan. 

This is my greatest concern regarding these systems. It's why I'm reaching out like this and the more I hear about the issues with a proposed system like this the less it seems worth my time.

35 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Btw @Chaos are you guys still going to consider the "tapping bug" on bikes a thing, i mean, it was legit made by rockstar as a thing, which is done irl to reduce drag to go faster.

Also, while on the subject, are you guys going to do anything about the downshifting thing? aka release W and tap handbrake once to reduce the gear and give it a slight boost, or are you ok with leaving it as a roleplay downshift?

Example:

Reveal hidden contents

Last thing, are you restricting the gameplay to first person? It legit is better, since it makes your character have to actually look over the wall to shoot someone, and makes you unable to shoot to the back on vehicles like the police cruiser or things that block the back like it. It really would stop the 3rd person abuse, while also providing more immersion.

Don't know what the tapping bug is.

If it works in single player it should work the same in rage.

No we are not restricting to first person.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheNeonGuy said:

(on GTA V is simply pressing the left shift button, or numpad 8 (lean fowards)

That's built into the game, We don't have plans to remove that.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That's built into the game, We don't have plans to remove that.

Also, this (sorry for the quotes and all, i'll leave you alone untill the next thread i swear lmao)

Spoiler

Edited by TheNeonGuy
New better video added.
13 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Also, this (sorry for the quotes and all, i'll leave you alone untill the next thread i swear lmao)

Hide contents

That's just the same as bunnyhopping. Players should be punished for doing that.

Edited by SjoerdPSV
  • Like 4

It would be interesting and nice to see drug use have some strong impacting or long last effects to the point where someone may need to wait out the drop down period of the drug or seek medical assistance to counter-act the drug, which would tie in along with running an active hospital like the MTA server already has. It would also mix the RP up a little when it comes to either the FD or a medical faction not always being called to GSW victims or vehicular crashes. 

If it's even possible to calculate and keep track of, allow the effects to be less if the user has taken the drug "X" amount of times before, thus resulting in more of the drug needed to reach the high, leading to possible overdose effects or the high being decreased in it's strength. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Lewis said:

It would be interesting and nice to see drug use have some strong impacting or long last effects to the point where someone may need to wait out the drop down period of the drug or seek medical assistance to counter-act the drug, which would tie in along with running an active hospital like the MTA server already has. It would also mix the RP up a little when it comes to either the FD or a medical faction not always being called to GSW victims or vehicular crashes. 

If it's even possible to calculate and keep track of, allow the effects to be less if the user has taken the drug "X" amount of times before, thus resulting in more of the drug needed to reach the high, leading to possible overdose effects or the high being decreased in it's strength. 

Just my two cents. 

On my phone now so please excuse any weirdness or formatting. 

But I feel like a system like that takes away any way for myself to roleplay drug effects on my characters. It’s not always the same from person to person apart from the big obvious effects you get from each substance. Use patterns and method is a variable and having forced overdoses and even effects themselves is off-putting if you ask me. What happens if my character loses access and starts to experience withdrawal, and what if he finally gains access and overestimates his dosage leading to a minor overdose? That’s one of the risks with cut access and an actual phenomenon that kills people. So I feel an added system takes away my ability to roleplay twists like that and takes away control that I could have easily portrayed with text and regular roleplay without a system telling me how to do it. Because tolerance is a variable and a drug system would then have to keep dose, strength and quality, tolerance up and downs, last time used and how much, and so on in mind. If not, I as a druggie would need to work around the system and collide with it. One example out of many to describe it is: lose access to let’s say alcohol or pills. Experience withdrawal and tolerance lowers for a while. Character regains access and assumes old use pattern. In real life, the tolerance would be lower due to a natural decline, but a script wouldn’t necessarily know this and it would allow the same high usage to continue. How do I work around it? One thing is being creative but one thing is running over other people’s toes (of course not intentionally by any of you)

But but I fear systems that are coded because it leaves me less room for my own creativity, basically

• Like 2