Jump to content
Chaos

Developer Diary #6 - Community Feedback

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Daniels said:

You have no idea how many job runs we had to do to get there...

Well.. Good luck mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chaos said:

A fully functional SWAT shield and RIOT shield have been added to the script. This shield protects the officer while still allowing the officer to shoot a handgun, similar to how you would in a SWAT raid in real life.

Will Illegal RP'er's get a chance to obtain such an item? Or will it be exclusive to PD like the laser?

 

53 minutes ago, Chaos said:

finding a balance in what benefits some drugs might give you to damage resistance or stamina could become too OP to regulate or easily abused, simply spamming drugs with only benefits.

I feel like this can be easily regulated.... Both with OOC and IC consequences, as taking too much of a specific drug mighhhhhttttt make your heart stop IC/IRL, or you can be given a PG punishment if the dosage taken is deemed too unrealistic to properly handle. 

 

An easy example here would be the cocaine. First time users will most likely die/get hospitalized if they take as much as say... Someone who has had a history of abuse with it.

 

With a drug that's less hard, like Marijuana. First time users would most like fall asleep compared to say, a rapper who smokes like 10 blunts a day average (this is just an example don't eat me)

 

With Psychedelics, the more you take, the more messed up your screen should be... Though I personally don't know the difference in experienced users and first timers on this one.

 

 

If anyone has something to add to this feel free, lets see if we can help Grand Daddy Chaos make our drug script. :L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, remolten said:

Will Illegal RP'er's get a chance to obtain such an item? Or will it be exclusive to PD like the laser?

I hope they make a shield for illegal RPers too. So they can acquire one as well and not restrict it to LEOs only. Would be more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, remolten said:

Will Illegal RP'er's get a chance to obtain such an item? Or will it be exclusive to PD like the laser?

 

3 minutes ago, Script said:

I hope they make a shield for illegal RPers too. So they can acquire one as well and not restrict it to LEOs only. Would be more fun.

 

The shield will be available to non-LE in very limited quantities via illegal arms routes. They will not be super common and you must RP them as if they do not say 'POLICE' on the front if you are not a LEO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniels said:

you must RP them as if they do not say 'POLICE' on the front if you are not a LEO.

I'm not an expert at this but would it be possible for you to create a separate variant of the shield which does not say POLICE or anything in front? Just thinking. If that's not possible, then what you have said is also fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Script said:

I'm not an expert at this but would it be possible for you to create a separate variant of the shield which does not say POLICE or anything in front? Just thinking. If that's not possible, then what you have said is also fair.

It would need to be a custom model/texture - the ones shown above are part of GTA 5. We are trying to avoid custom models/textures in V because due to the game being HD, they can run into the 100mb range each - we don't want a large download to play Owl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dis is guuuuuuuuuuuuuud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for launch of GTA V server, but i am afraid of having even worse FPS drop problems i am having in MTA server. Could you give us more information about performance of the server?

 

Are you going to use current vehicle system in GTA V server too? Or are you going to use default GTA V vehicles and handlings? (real vehicles? or gta vehicles?)

 

Are we going to have management teams like Faction Team, Vehicle Team, Mapping Team etc. in GTA V server? If yes, are you going to hire same team members we have in MTA SA server or hire new ones for the new server?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeroXy said:

I can't wait for launch of GTA V server, but i am afraid of having even worse FPS drop problems i am having in MTA server. Could you give us more information about performance of the server?

 

Are you going to use current vehicle system in GTA V server too? Or are you going to use default GTA V vehicles and handlings? (real vehicles? or gta vehicles?)

 

Are we going to have management teams like Faction Team, Vehicle Team, Mapping Team etc. in GTA V server? If yes, are you going to hire same team members we have in MTA SA server or hire new ones for the new server?

 

 

We've put a lot of effort into optimizing both server and client code. For example, our script is highly parallel so makes use of multi-core CPU's. Can you provide info on your current spec and what issues you encounter on MTA?

 

The current plan is to use default GTA V vehicles and handling since both the vehicles and the handling mimic real life vehicles.

 

The Owl staff/management teams will serve both V and MTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aca said:

@Chaos You're the reason I'm going to spend 2k on a computer.

Don't be dumb enough to waste 2000$ on a computer thinking only high-end PCs can run GTA V, literally a PC that costs 600$ with GTX 1050ti installed it can run whatever the hell you want it to run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WickJeffe said:

Don't be dumb enough to waste 2000$ on a computer thinking only high-end PCs can run GTA V, literally a PC that costs 600$ with GTX 1050ti installed it can run whatever the hell you want it to run

Yes I'm not gonna literally buy a 2000$ pc for a single game I'm just thinking about the new upcoming games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aca said:

Yes I'm not gonna literally buy a 2000$ pc for a single game I'm just thinking about the new upcoming games.

tbf I myself bought a GTX 1050ti and never came across a game where the card can't run it properly, the card only costs around 190 bucks

Edited by WickJeffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WickJeffe said:

tbf I myself bought a GTX 1050ti and never came across to a game where the card can't run it properly, the card only costs around 190 bucks

Send me your build on PM if you have time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im setting the GF up with a system that has a 760, itll run gta5 on high easy, and i got the card for like 70 eur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.