GeroXy

[General] - Lowering payments or removing RS Haul and raising payments of Bus Driver / Taxi Driver(with a job like picking up NPCs)

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Lowering payments or removing RS Haul and raising payments of Bus Driver / Taxi Driver(with a job like picking up NPCs)

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
lol pretty long headline.

There is nothing much benefits of RS Haul left to bring to server. What i mean is, %90 of the time people just keeps travelling around SA and delivering goods for NPCs. It's not so often that drivers bring goods to shops that requested order. I am suggesting to give this assignment to cargo companies so it can create more roleplay for them.

Now i will point out something else. We all know that how rare it is that people don't do Bus or Taxi driver jobs. It's because of the payments, yet they are the one which is needed mostly. I don't want to run point to point everytime when i don't have a car. If there would be more bus and taxi drivers around, the transportation would be a lot easier in server. Or simply don't even touch the prices so people will less more likely farm money.

Besides that, i am thinking of a script similar to Bus Driver about Taxi Driver job. NPCs can get along with transporting npcs around San Andreas while there is no customers around.

I guess this has been suggested before, couple of times but i wanted to bring this up to discussion again since i haven't seen any results came up from those topics.

What are the advantages?-
+ Easier Transporting
+ More realistic
+ Less more money farming.
+ Newer job opportunities.
+ Roleplay for cargo companies.

What are the disadvantages?-

- I hope people are not going to use Taxis as personal vehicle since they are faster than RS Haul trucks.
- i hope not for buses too. i don't even want to imagine

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
no

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
idk

Remove RSHaul completely.

It's bad development and I see people RSHauling for two days and then they got a Ferrari already.

Just bad character development and unrealistic.

22 minutes ago, eoozy said:

It's bad development and I see people RSHauling for two days and then they got a Ferrari already.

The issue with removing RSHaul is a resource depend on it, for example, shops. if anything we should change it so it's like a faction and you get a wage + small bonus if you're under 15 hours per hour of doing it, that way we can remove money per drop (keep the points for driver promotions) and also promote other jobs such as Taxi, Bus Driver, etc.

34 minutes ago, eoozy said:

Or maybe change rs haul to a faction.

44 minutes ago, Unitts said:

The issue with removing RSHaul is a resource depend on it, for example, shops. if anything we should change it so it's like a faction and you get a wage + small bonus if you're under 15 hours per hour of doing it, that way we can remove money per drop (keep the points for driver promotions) and also promote other jobs such as Taxi, Bus Driver, etc.

There was in the past a project to have all shops orders in a kind of central system, and truck drivers are able to buy up a weekly license to get access to those orders. So you didn't have to be in RS haul to do it. Could do it with your own truck, etc...

and if no drivers did the job, it was delivering automatically.

I think I still have the sketches of it, if it interests you.

Title is enough to let me tell you something.

You can't remove it for many reasons.

Let me mention that none of this community will happen to call a taxi or a bus driver. We all already got more than a vehicle. If not a car when you start, you get a bike plus the token vehicle.

Secondly, I'll quote what Unitts said.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:50 PM, Unitts said:

This is a real good point for not removing it. All stocks are being delivered by those RSH drivers. For factions, business properties and such.

Cargo Services got something else to do and they're not a delivery company only. However, being a cargo member means applying for faction and such which is hard for a new player or a new alt you just started.

It'll also require scripters to work on the faction system to specialize that for faction with cargo ranks while there isn't a faction for cargo services only.

Despite we all sometimes hate RSH but a lot of other stuff are based on the services of this job.

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Thomasmith said:

Let me mention that none of this community will happen to call a taxi or a bus driver. We all already got more than a vehicle. If not a car when you start, you get a bike plus the token vehicle.

This is a real good point for not removing it. All stocks are being delivered by those RSH drivers. For factions, business properties and such.

Cargo Services got something else to do and they're not a delivery company only. However, being a cargo member means applying for faction and such which is hard for a new player or a new alt you just started.

It'll also require scripters to work on the faction system to specialize that for faction with cargo ranks while there isn't a faction for cargo services only.

Despite we all sometimes hate RSH but a lot of other stuff are based on the services of this job.

Could make it a faction then and only get paid hourly, one paycheck per hour like any other legal factions.

Removing RS haul would be pointless.

The job just needs some minor tweaking, and to the person who suggested that you have a limit per day on how much you make, is brilliant because there are illegal, and legal factions you can work for and make cash, and that's by using your role-play abilities to earn cash as well. 

I think new players just come here to try to get rich and that's not the purpose, you don't have to be rich in order to have a great character development. I've had several characters where they were poor their whole lives, even while busting their ass, and it still came out as a good story. We just need to encourage players to work towards jobs that have roleplay involved and maybe even have some examples because some people pay tips and everything for better role-play. Though money shouldn't tempt you to role-play better, but it will help in the long run.

So I kinda support this in a sense. Let's just think of a good way of tweaking the job to where people don't grind it 24/7 and avoid roleplay and fucking crash into everything.

4 hours ago, eoozy said:

Could make it a faction then and only get paid hourly, one paycheck per hour like any other legal factions.

Making it a faction will limit the members and will lead to deliveries being delayed and maybe no deliveres will be done.

also none is gonna be interested in leading that. 

8 hours ago, Thomasmith said:

Making it a faction will limit the members and will lead to deliveries being delayed and maybe no deliveres will be done.

also none is gonna be interested in leading that. 

Actually I would be very interested in running it, but if RSHaul was to become a faction F3, it would just be another cargo faction and it would have to start all over again. 

just keep it as it is but make the payout lower itself much faster than it does now

one of the things that are calculating the payout is the amount of hours on the character so just decrease the payout for every hour you gain a lot more

On 9/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, Thomasmith said:

About this, you can attack this problem of RSH stocks are being delivered..

Let's say, you own a business or have a key to one. You can buy a van and head to RSHaul yourself to get your products, they get loaded up and you deliver them to your own business.

2 hours ago, MythicalSavage said:

About this, you can attack this problem of RSH stocks are being delivered..

Let's say, you own a business or have a key to one. You can buy a van and head to RSHaul yourself to get your products, they get loaded up and you deliver them to your own business.

Won’t really be a good idea.

You don’t order to get them yourself.

also you can’t be online 24/7 to keep your business stocked.

thats why people own business and others work as delivery guys.

thats more to be a better RP if the driver is here to RP.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, tree said:

There was in the past a project to have all shops orders in a kind of central system, and truck drivers are able to buy up a weekly license to get access to those orders. So you didn't have to be in RS haul to do it. Could do it with your own truck, etc...

and if no drivers did the job, it was delivering automatically.

I think I still have the sketches of it, if it interests you.

That sounds like a pretty cool system which I feel would be somewhat of a solution to RShaul itself.

In regards to the taxi job, a script could be made that monitors how long you've been doing the job for and maybe after an hour reward the player with a paycheck for the civilian job? I don't think we would need something for the bus job as even if you're not picking people up you're still getting paid for going around.

6 minutes ago, Unitts said:

That sounds like a pretty cool system which I feel would be somewhat of a solution to RShaul itself.

In regards to the taxi job, a script could be made that monitors how long you've been doing the job for and maybe after an hour reward the player with a paycheck for the civilian job? I don't think we would need something for the bus job as even if you're not picking people up you're still getting paid for going around.

Certainly agree with the script for taxi's. Means there will be more taxis driving around prompting people to actually use them more. This then motivates other players to be taxi drivers since they get paid whether there's customers or not.

1 minute ago, Vubstersmurf said:

Certainly agree with the script for taxi's. Means there will be more taxis driving around prompting people to actually use them more. This then motivates other players to be taxi drivers since they get paid whether there's customers or not.

I think the best way to sort this is to make somewhat 'NPC' missions where randomly you get sent to a marker and then have to go to another marker. The only issue with that though is we would have to detect somehow if they're actually transporting someone (could maybe make it so you have to accept the callout or not)

20 hours ago, Thomasmith said:

Won’t really be a good idea.

You don’t order to get them yourself.

also you can’t be online 24/7 to keep your business stocked.

thats why people own business and others work as delivery guys.

thats more to be a better RP if the driver is here to RP.

Wym there's no RP involved in RShaul lol

13 minutes ago, eoozy said:

Wym there's no RP involved in RShaul lol

Talking about the business shops.

Removing RSH won’t be good for any business owner. 

40 minutes ago, Thomasmith said:

Talking about the business shops.

Removing RSH won’t be good for any business owner. 

Lowering paychecks then, statwhores are not any good, if people dont want to do it anymore get a system where the NPC completes deliveries.

4 hours ago, eoozy said:

Lowering paychecks then, statwhores are not any good, if people dont want to do it anymore get a system where the NPC completes deliveries.

NPCs can’t do it unless it’s something scriptwise which will be passive such as manufacturing clothes at Dupont.

Lowering payments seems reasonable.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:59 AM, Fuzion said:

Or maybe change rs haul to a faction.

There was this one server where the Bus Driver job was made into a faction, it was nice...

once you got the job at City Hall, it automatically put you into the F3 where it had IC supervisors and what not. It kept morons from driving like shit, because once you got fired; you couldn't do the job anymore.