doo2doo2

What happened to owl ?

1 minute ago, doo2doo2 said:

idk what is your problem with that ? we are after all not on facebook, we are on the forums of the gaming server...

Oh ye my bad.

Diontray Tillman - Walked four times today (08-07-2018)
                               - Took a shit around 3pm.

Tyrus Wiggins - Farted - 06-07-2018 @ 2:04:01 PM

Diogo Gomez - Sat in his couch - 29-06-2018 @ 8:55:32 AM

2 minutes ago, Diogo said:

Oh ye my bad.

Diontray Tillman - Walked four times today (08-07-2018)
                               - Took a shit around 3pm.

Tyrus Wiggins - Farted - 06-07-2018 @ 2:04:01 PM

Diogo Gomez - Sat in his couch - 29-06-2018 @ 8:55:32 AM

if that is the best thing you could write about your character, why not ... I dont see any harm about that, but rather maybe some good of showing your experience on the server.

Instead of flexing what you "experienced" ICly and QQing about what happened to Owl. Do something about it, do stuff for people to actually know, oh its that guy who did this stuff, without showing off.
And if "What happened to owl" bothers so much, why you even here?
I mean, usually if I dont like a certain thing, I wont go or do it.
but hey, thats me, might have some retardation on my head

Edited by Diogo

This is so pointless you decided to make a gun ic which never actually happens in reality. How about you just find connects and buy a gun like everybody else. I just feel like people make this shit up to rant on the forums.

1 minute ago, YRN said:

This is so pointless you decided to make a gun ic which never actually happens in reality. How about you just find connects and buy a gun like everybody else. I just feel like people make this shit up to rant on the forums.

it wasnt a gun, it was a molotov, I dont think I need to go to a dealer irl if I decided to make a molotov.

2 minutes ago, YRN said:

Would have been g8 if u said that in the opening post my guy

I thought it was irrelevant what I was trying to make, what I am objecting on is the fact that the admins are judging if the RP reason you have to create this weapon is valid or not.

26 minutes ago, doo2doo2 said:

it wasnt a gun, it was a molotov, I dont think I need to go to a dealer irl if I decided to make a molotov.

If you provided the handling admin an IC reason, I'm pretty much sure you would have the Molotov spawned.

3 minutes ago, MrFocus said:

If you provided the handling admin an IC reason, I'm pretty much sure you would have the Molotov spawned.

I provided them with multiple IC reasons, and they decided that they are "not good enough"

those IC reasons btw was theft, assault and death threats.

Not ganna lie I sorta hate this whole 'why tho' questions we get for every little thing. Admins shouldn't be allowed to know our IC reasoning as to why we want something wrong because that doesn't encourage metagaming at all. - And yes I know the admins should be responsible enough to not metagame about knowing said thing but the amount of mging and friendship circles in owl these days these IC questions for a situation that only you know about ICly shouldn't be asked. Should be more OOC questions like "Would your character have the knowledge for making a gun e.g and what knowledge is that?" or other things like that.

I've actually noticed that myself, since I'm a new member. I'm a mechanic In Game and the VT denies my requests 90 percent of the time.. Either for poor reasoning or something else petty. If you don't give them a fucking 70 page essay on why you want to do something, they will deny you. To beat it all, admins base our roleplay off of how many /me's we use instead of the detail put into the /me's.

The admins base our roleplay off of how MANY /me's we use, and not the detail in the /me's.

I hope i'm not the only one who's upset about that, because I'm the type to use well detailed /me's and not 50 small /me's just to meet a fucking guideline the admins set for us.

3 minutes ago, SazLore said:

The way I see it, the main reason the admin team have to be so strict is because when they're not, people abuse the fuck out of it.

In the past, yeah, sure, you could have probably reported, got it done in 15mins without having to explain yourself. For someone decent with roleplay or not an idiot, not an issue. But when you run the same scenario with a troll requesting it without having to state what he wants it for, why, etc, it ends up just being used in DM or stupid circumstances.

Players abusing the leniency of the admins is what has made the admins have to be so strict.

And then to address the whole conflict of interest thing. Again, players fault. In the past, probably not an issue. But now a days when every player is out to win, and if they can SOMEHOW use the "OH WELL THE APPROVING ADMIN HAS _____ LINK TO THE RP, BIASEDDDDDDD!" excuse, they will. Hence why when it comes into it even being remotely linked, most admins will turn around and say "I can't approve or deny it, I'll be seen as biased."

Long story short. People are bitches who whine and QQ over everything and it's their fault the Admin team have to be so strict and interrogate. But then of course. People then whine and QQ about that.

Can't win. Community overall on average is immature. Always has been, and likely always will be.

so the alternative is basically making admins only approve such requests for friends ? as they are denying requests even with valid IC reasons.

@SazLore

I appreciate your points, however if what you are saying is true, the solution currently implemented does not help at all, it is replacing one problem with another more severe, or solve the problem from the core and try to somehow limit the number of such immature players. 

6 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

what?

What do you mean, what? 

I was literally told once that I missed the guideline of 150 lines, meaning how many /me's I used. 

We’d be better off if Dylanjeter was UAT.

But in seriousness.

Does admin input limit a lot of our auctions? Yes. Does it suck sometimes? Yeah. Is it stupid? No. Without certain limitations the server would be far away from reality and would be much more of a Tarantino movie than a roleplay server.

There needs to be balance and people need to know that. You’re free to express your opinion, but it wont mean it’s a valid one. Just buy a gun from a dealer and move on, like.. it’s not that difficult.

Edited by ZythuM

9 minutes ago, ZythuM said:

We’d be better off if Dylanjeter was UAT.

But in seriousness.

Does admin input limit a lot of our auctions? Yes. Does it suck sometimes? Yeah. Is it stupid? No. Without certain limitations the server would be far away from reality and would be much more of a Tarantino movie than a roleplay server.

There needs to be balance and people need to know that. You’re free to express your opinion, but it wont mean it’s a valid one. Just buy a gun from a dealer and move on, like.. it’s not that difficult.

it wasnt a gun it was a Molotov, I dont think I need a dealer for a Molotov.... and I wanted it for one specific IC reason that I explained in details to the admins which I think I shouldnt btw because 2 of the 3 admins handling the situation had conflict of interests and at this point they know what I was planning and they will use it consciously or subconsciously. anyway after explaining everything because of bias or fear of responsibility idk, they denied it.

Edited by doo2doo2

13 minutes ago, doo2doo2 said:

so the alternative is basically making admins only approve such requests for friends ? as they are denying requests even with valid IC reasons.

@SazLore

I appreciate your points, however if what you are saying is true, the solution currently implemented does not help at all, it is replacing one problem with another more severe, or solve the problem from the core and try to somehow limit the number of such immature players. 

What are you on about, only approve such requests for friends..? Where the fuck did you even get that from? That's literally the exact opposite of what I was saying. I said that because PLAYERS bitch and call biased on nearly any and every option, that is why they have to make sure if they're handling a report that they're not even remotely involved because no doubt somewhere along the line it would come back to them and they'll get called biased and it'd end up being a huge clusterfuck.

And yeah. The current doesn't massively help. 

Good luck limiting the number of such immature players though. It's not just an MTA issue. It's the same in any gaming community. You got on any game (CoD, Battlefield, GTA5, SAMP, MTA, League, etcetc) and you'll get the same. Majority of players are dicks. Immature. Trollers. Welcome to 2018. Not just MTA.

Just now, SazLore said:

What are you on about, only approve such requests for friends..? Where the fuck did you even get that from? That's literally the exact opposite of what I was saying. I said that because PLAYERS bitch and call biased on nearly any and every option, that is why they have to make sure if they're handling a report that they're not even remotely involved because no doubt somewhere along the line it would come back to them and they'll get called biased and it'd end up being a huge clusterfuck.

And yeah. The current doesn't massively help. 

Good luck limiting the number of such immature players though. It's not just an MTA issue. It's the same in any gaming community. You got on any game (CoD, Battlefield, GTA5, SAMP, MTA, League, etcetc) and you'll get the same. Majority of players are dicks. Immature. Trollers. Welcome to 2018. Not just MTA.

well they said that there must be a valid IC reason, a valid IC reason was provided. and still they denied the request... what do you make of that ? and do you think theft, assault and threats of death are not valid IC reason ? then what is...

Just now, BusterAces said:

150 guideline of what exactly?

I think what he's trying to say is that he was told he needs to do 150 lines of roleplay with /me's and /dos for the RP to be valid.

Though if that's true, then said so himself; guideline. It's a guide. Not a rule. Not "150. not one under!".

I imagine any kind of rule like that is moreso set in the situation to ensure that you're not just doing "/me does the thing. /do done." bs.

37 minutes ago, doo2doo2 said:

those IC reasons btw was theft, assault and death threats.

so i am guessing because of that you would throw a molotov on someones or on their car or house and thats a bit too much isnt it and by "theft" i dont know if you mean killing someone cause they robbed you or you just want to use a molotov to rob someone