Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doo2doo2

What happened to owl ?

First of all, I would like you to know that I am a player on this server since 2014, I kept going away and coming back for the past 4 years, last time I came I think was a year ago and I have decided a couple of days ago to come back and see what's up. I want to say straight up that I dont like the state of "freedom of roleplay" here right now.

So why am I writing this ? I was making a request to the admin team to supervise me making a weapon and give it to me if the role-play was correctly done, I am not talking about copy pasting shit and that's it. I had all the material bought, a hidden place ready and a detailed role-play that I was going to make to make it work. Now I am not like trying this out for the first time or something, last time I did was like 2 years ago, a bit old but should have been the same process. when I did that 2 years ago, an admin responded in 10 minutes, supervised the RP of creating the weapon, then commended me for the good detailed RP and gave me the weapon, no questions asked about why I need it, who I am using it against and for what reason or anything, just if you RP it correctly they give you the weapon that's it. I ended up keeping the weapon for a while without using it until I got arrested for some other reason and it was taken away.

Now when I tried to repeat the same process in the current version of the server with the assumed new "admin policies" nowadays (if indeed there is a new policy), what happened ? first I get my first response around 15 minutes after I made the report from UAT, asking me why I need it and what RP reason I had to even attempt to make it .... there is no better way to put this, but what kind of bullshit questions are these ? since when do I need to explain my RP reason behind creating a weapon ? and worse the admin himself decides if this reason is good enough or not ? really ? this is what it has come to ? like ye administration has been a bit extreme on owl since I joined the server back in 2014, but now this is getting too far.... the admin now asks me why I need it and WHO exactly I am going to use it on, and worse then deny the request telling me that he has conflict of interests.... an UAT (without mentioning names as this isn't personal) denies my report and says there is conflict of interest. What happens then ? I wait for another 30 minutes over this 15 minutes, just to get the other admin to deny the report aswell saying that he ALSO have conflict of interests, that is after the "interrogation" type of questions which are very uncomfortable to answer as if someone has reported me for DM or something and I have to defend myself. last after this second admin dropped the request, the 3rd and last admin took it and now he/she asks for the situation leading to my decision to create this weapon, and asks me PROOF to support it... proof of an RP situation happening so I can create a weapon.... now I need to take video footage and screenshots to make administrative requests to create weapons ? what kind of annoyance nonsense is that ? 

in the end this report took around 1 hour 30 minutes to conclude and after the involvement of around 4 admins for a request which takes 5 minutes to execute, they decided (and it seemed like a group decision due to the last admin discussing it with admins for like 30 minutes), they decided that my RP reason "is not good enough and I have to find another way" .... this is not even for me to USE the weapon, it is to even create it and put it into my inv. for me to make ANOTHER request a second day when I decide to actually use it and have to explain all this bullshit again to another set of admins with all their conflict of interests and bullshit forcing me to wait for more than an hour for this request to be concluded.....

Now this thread may seem like an unrightful attack on the admin team or something, but it really isnt, I have been a player here for 4 years and dont have any reason to hate the admin team, infact I like the server and the freedom it gives you and the unique inventory system it have which makes virtually anything possible, but when the admin point of view alone is the judge of whether you have an RP reason to do something or not, this reduces dramatically the freedom of role-play the server claims to give players, as now the fact the admin team is FULL of conflict of interests and their decision will probably not be a simple enforcement of rules and policies but of personal opinion and if they like the people I am having problem with and want to attack or not. 

this is not to mention that now the gang I was having problem with already knows my plan by the ridiculous system of having to explain WHO da fuck I want to use the weapon against.....

owl shat itself that what happened

yeah, i get it, making VT requests aswell ive come to that issue, i get there is a big emphasis on RP and stuff, but why do i have to have a reason, that might not fit for one of the team members, to modify a vehicle? What if im a rich slob who just goes fuck it i want a riced out car because why not? theres no good reasoning for it tho. Some of that stuff really should be reworked and re-looked at imo.

dunno how its possible for someone to write that much shit just cause they couldnt wait an hour and werent allowed to build a gun just go and buy one and stop crying

Just now, JasonValkyrie said:

yeah, i get it, making VT requests aswell ive come to that issue, i get there is a big emphasis on RP and stuff, but why do i have to have a reason, that might not fit for one of the team members, to modify a vehicle? What if im a rich slob who just goes fuck it i want a riced out car because why not? theres no good reasoning for it tho. Some of that stuff really should be reworked and re-looked at imo.

cause without the VT requests the server would be full of modified cars and you wouldnt see anything else and you not a rich slob that wants a modded car you are just a ricer who wants that 1500hp car that goes 286kph and fast acceleration for shitty drags or just to sell the car 500k 

12 minutes ago, ilux said:

dunno how its possible for someone to write that much shit just cause they couldnt wait an hour and werent allowed to build a gun just go and buy one and stop crying

cause without the VT requests the server would be full of modified cars and you wouldnt see anything else and you not a rich slob that wants a modded car you are just a ricer who wants that 1500hp car that goes 286kph and fast acceleration for shitty drags or just to sell the car 500k 

I dunno how someone could be so small minded and cannot make a valid response, obviously this is about the policy of forcing people to explain their RP reasons, waiting for 1 hour is a consequence of that policy which is also obviously an annoyance. 

13 minutes ago, JasonValkyrie said:

As a recently resigned VT leader, I can fully answer this for you. Whilst VT requests were fully IC, it was extremely hard to get a VT request accepted and then we moved it over to being OOC, making it easier for the community to get VT requests accepted, this then came with issues where the only thing people would put down for the reasoning was "I want my car to be fast lol", shit you not, 50% of the monthly VT requests had that as a reason and nothing else. The reason you need to have a reasoning is to show you have a motive for wanting the car and what you intend to do with it. "I'm a rich slob who wants a riced out car", that's not a realistic motive as to why you want a car to be built, you don't see millionaires IRL buying 1500hp Supras. That's just something that doesnt happen. We as VT don't want the server to be filled with modified cars and the same goes for the community. 

1 minute ago, doo2doo2 said:

I dunno how someone could be so small minded and cannot make a valid response.

i dont know how someone can cry so much over not getting a gun

you being salty just cause you didnt get a gun

Just now, ilux said:

i dont know how someone can cry so much over not getting a gun

damn, how long have you been with this cancerous behavior.... if you have something construction to say say it, otherwise you can take your cancer and throw it somewhere else.

Just now, doo2doo2 said:

damn, how long have you been with this cancerous behavior.... if you have something construction to say say it, otherwise you can take your cancer and throw it somewhere else.

dunno how i am cancerous are you that soft you cant survive the truth?

Just now, ilux said:

dunno how i am cancerous are you that soft you cant survive the truth?

lol.... bro you are pathetic, cant even address the topic of the thread.

18 minutes ago, ilux said:

so rude

2 minutes ago, doo2doo2 said:

lol.... bro you are pathetic, cant even address the topic of the thread.

you saying owl is shit just cause you couldnt get a gun due to admins being more strict which is pathetic from you

Just now, ilux said:

you saying owl is shit just cause you couldnt get a gun due to admins being more strict which is pathetic from you

I never said owl is shit.... and I am ok with admins being strict, as long as it is a type of strictness which actually benefit the players. the type of strictness of forcing players to explain their RP reason and the target of them creating a specific weapon is not being strict. it is introducing bias in all it's forms and making "bias" the only judge of whether the RP reason is valid or not, making reports which should take 5-10 minutes take up to 1 hour 30 minutes because of it jumping through admins and reaching multiple UATs (yes multiple UATs were involved in this simple request) ... this obviously is not a good routine to follow in these situations.

2 minutes ago, doo2doo2 said:

I never said owl is shit.... and I am ok with admins being strict, as long as it is a type of strictness which actually benefit the players. the type of strictness of forcing players to explain their RP reason and the target of them creating a specific weapon is not being strict. it is introducing bias in all it's forms and making "bias" the only judge of whether the RP reason is valid or not, making reports which should take 5-10 minutes take up to 1 hour 30 minutes because of it jumping through admins and reaching multiple UATs (yes multiple UATs were involved in this simple request) ... this obviously is not a good routine to follow in these situations.

whatever you think i got a different opinion cba to argue

2 minutes ago, ilux said:

whatever you think i got a different opinion cba to argue

ok... 

Just now, doo2doo2 said:

ok... 

ok

22 minutes ago, DxRK said:

We as VT don't want the server to be filled with modified cars and the same goes for the community. 

bit late for that love x

Just now, BusterAces said:

bit late for that love x

Better luck next time x

9 minutes ago, YRN said:

Id like to know the percentage of ppl who make guns solo dolo in their basement in America lol

it was a simpler weapon, but if you could properly RP making the gun and have the proper tools, why not :P

OwlGaming turned from a unique roleplaying server to an admin-decision controlled ricer-emporium full of nothing but DM squads, merely a few bars and barely any passive roleplay.

It's admin involvement, cars, and amateur roleplay.

The slogan has been a lie since the start. "Your world, Your imagination." It's "Our world, Our limitations." Now, I still play on the server, trying to find roleplay, but it's pretty difficult I tell you. Roleplay on Multi Theft Auto is ceasing to exist.

This is what happened to Owl.

4a7a7366afc19b0f7bd7cadc10a73cad.png
Flexers about IC shit they did.

Just now, Diogo said:

This is what happened to Owl.

4a7a7366afc19b0f7bd7cadc10a73cad.png
Flexers about IC shit they did.

idk what is your problem with that ? we are after all not on facebook, we are on the forums of the gaming server...