[Chopping cars regulations] - Revise

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

Chopping cars regulations

I want to...:

Revise

Elaboration:

I am not chopping cars since a year. It's because i am afraid to gott extremely low payments for ultra luxury cars i stole back in time with the time i spent on making 300-400 lines of chopping RP. I understand the logic of why we get paid more by amount of weight increases. But that's the case in CRUSHING. Chopping is different. Basicly, i am unattaching, taking off vehicle parts off from the vehicle and sell them in VM. I remember i chopped an Aventador a year ago and the payment i received was around 11 grand. This is really funny amount. You can google how much Aventador parts cost.

Making chopping prices this low causes illegal players to not focus on stealing cars. Because you will probably not be able to get it out from your hands and hide it in garage for months. At the end, we end up seeing Bugatti Veyron, AMG GTs, Lambos etc. in Idlewood and in other ghetto areas because i guess owners are not afraid to get their vehicle stolen. You might now say "If we implement this, many cars will get jacked again", then secure your damn car and stop driving in ghetto areas. You can hide it in garage or something, or in a parking lot with security. Installing trackers is also a solution.

What's the benefit of this update?
+Statwhores may focus on securing their cars, and if they are living in bad location, they can focus on moving to better location first.
+Realism
+Revival of another illegal activity.

11 Grand is pretty much, realistically speaking, for hot items. Breaking it down in parts can still be traced back to the actual car, especially with supercars.

29 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

11 Grand is pretty much, realistically speaking, for hot items. Breaking it down in parts can still be traced back to the actual car, especially with supercars.

this

1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

what does it have to do with weight of the vehicle though?

by the way the car i was  chopped was a 2016 Aventador and this is the cheapest i could find in CarGurus https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c25012&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=90009&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=191643407

getting 11k from 329k vehicle, i don't know about you but it doesn't sound fair to me, even if we count most of parts are hot. tell me if i do the comparison wrong please.

Edited by GeroXy

Only experience I have with chopping cars is by stealing and breaking down a BMW M4, which we received around 30k from but from what I can see, you dont know how shit with supercars works. When chopping the BMW, we had to go about removing 11 VINs, yes, a BMW M4 has the VIN placed in 11 separate areas, one of which you cant remove without smashing the windshield. Now, that's only a BMW, you're here talking about a 300k Lamborghini which would probably have the VIN placed on every single removable panel and more areas throughout the car, which like @croozerdog & @ToyYoda said, can easily be traced back to the original car. It's rare to find pristine condition parts for cars like a Lamborghini which instantly makes them hot as people would start to question it. From what I recall, there even used to be a rule where you wern't allowed to chop a vehicle that was above a certain market value. I'm surprised more people arn't getting arrested for trying to chop Lamborghinis and selling off the parts using methods that would instantly get them caught, you really think a random bloke would just buy pieces of a Lamborghini without doing check-ups on it, no, they'd be looking into what happened to the original vehicle to see if the parts are faulty or damaged, this inst a 1998 civic you're talking about. The only place you'd be able to sell Lamborghini parts without any risk is the junkyard, selling it off as scrap metal where you'd get around 11k but hey, that's just my two cents on this. 

20 minutes ago, DxRK said:

Only experience I have with chopping cars is by stealing and breaking down a BMW M4, which we received around 30k from but from what I can see, you dont know how shit with supercars works. When chopping the BMW, we had to go about removing 11 VINs, yes, a BMW M4 has the VIN placed in 11 separate areas, one of which you cant remove without smashing the windshield. Now, that's only a BMW, you're here talking about a 300k Lamborghini which would probably have the VIN placed on every single removable panel and more areas throughout the car, which like @croozerdog & @ToyYoda said, can easily be traced back to the original car. It's rare to find pristine condition parts for cars like a Lamborghini which instantly makes them hot as people would start to question it. From what I recall, there even used to be a rule where you wern't allowed to chop a vehicle that was above a certain market value. I'm surprised more people arn't getting arrested for trying to chop Lamborghinis and selling off the parts using methods that would instantly get them caught, you really think a random bloke would just buy pieces of a Lamborghini without doing check-ups on it, no, they'd be looking into what happened to the original vehicle to see if the parts are faulty or damaged, this inst a 1998 civic you're talking about. The only place you'd be able to sell Lamborghini parts without any risk is the junkyard, selling it off as scrap metal where you'd get around 11k but hey, that's just my two cents on this. 

I fuck up so badly when it comes to explaining myself. I will just pass by what i wrote in topic.

You have a point on your statement. I agree with you on it and yes it would be harder to remove all serial codes, VINs etc. on a supercar. But what i meant in this topic (it's ok if you misunderstood, i suck at explaining myself) is that crushing and chopping shouldn't pay out the same price. Like you have said, i could have simply go to junkyard and sell the Lambo as scrap metal and enjoy my 11 grand. But no, i take off every single part, i try to remove serial codes i see (if exist), i remove VINs and get the same price. This is what i find unfair. 

The funny thing is, as far as i know (fix me if i am wrong), admins are using a script to calculate total weight of the vehicle we are going to chop and the script is giving out an estimated price to the admin. That price is the profit we get from chopping. And what i heard is, that script works in the same algorithm with crushing (i guess you know the junkyard we simply bring our unwanted vehicles and destroy). So it means OwlGaming thinks chopping is the same thing with crushing.

Edited by GeroXy

18 minutes ago, GeroXy said:

I fuck up so badly when it comes to explaining myself. I will just pass by what i wrote in topic.

You have a point on your statement. I agree with you on it and yes it would be harder to remove all serial codes, VINs etc. on a supercar. But what i meant in this topic (it's ok if you misunderstood, i suck at explaining myself) is that crushing and chopping shouldn't pay out the same price. Like you have said, i could have simply go to junkyard and sell the Lambo as scrap metal and enjoy my 11 grand. But no, i take off every single part, i try to remove serial codes i see (if exist), i remove VINs and get the same price. This is what i find unfair. 

The funny thing is, as far as i know (fix me if i am wrong), admins are using a script to calculate total weight of the vehicle we are going to chop and the script is giving out an estimated price to the admin. That price is the profit we get from chopping. And what i heard is, that script works in the same algorithm with crushing (i guess you know the junkyard we simply bring our unwanted vehicles and destroy). So it means OwlGaming thinks chopping is the same thing with crushing.

The fact is, even with scratched off VINs, on a Lamborghini keep in mind, that raises alarms to buyers, especially if they're legitimate businessmen who would find it sketchy as to why every single VIN is removed. Chopping cars should be a method used for common cars you can find on every single street corner as no one would bat an eye about them, especially if you're trying to sell it off piece by piece. This is exactly why no one IRL chops supercars but export them instead. If you got 300k for a Lamborghini, every person in the ghetto would turn into a mechanic with 20 years experience trying to only get lamborghinis to chop just so that they could start driving maybachs. Last time I chopped a car which wasnt even that long ago, the admin looked at the cheapest value of the car and took an amount off of it.