Jamie

[Invisible/Automatically Installed CCTV Cameras (GOV, LSPD, LSFD, SEMC, etc.)] - Revise

Should they be allowed to do this?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should this rule be revised to Jamie's Revision?

• Indeed it shall, Jamie.
    • Sadly, it shall not, Jamie.

Trying to ensure my install company do installs on all buildings including Gov (hell we are even happy to do it cheap as hell) in order to increase RP and realism. I agree Gov buildings shouldn't automatically have CCTV especially invisible ones, how can illegal RP even try to win in that case?

That being said, it would also be great if people did RP cameras etc properly.

( Those who complain there are no install companies, that's completely untrue there are several mine included).

2 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Suggested it last month, nothing was done about it.

Well, I've expressed my opinion as well as a recent situation that could not only ruin someone's roleplay experience but their attitude towards roleplay in general.

9 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Well, I've expressed my opinion as well as a recent situation that could not only ruin someone's roleplay experience but their attitude towards roleplay in general.

I know, I'm not judging you. All I'm saying is that I also agree with you, and linked you to a rule discussion thread I've made, where the majority of the people also voted yes to remove it.

Edited by Shaderz

But if they roleplay installing a pinhole camera, one thats hard to spot, it would make sense to roleplay a camera you cannot see. other than that, +1

Posting on behalf of @Craazy

1 hour ago, Zebulon said:

Or: Use Common Sense

^

Just because CCTVs should be RPly installed doesn't mean that government buildings wouldn't have CCTVs just because they weren't RPly installed. Every government building IRL have had their CCTVs and security features so the fact that every government building already has one, is no biggie because it's realistic, and just common sense.

The only thing I agree with regarding OP, is the fact that a generic should be placed so that the location of the cameras can be pinpointed and seen by legal and illegal RPers, providing realistic blind spots, realistic capture of events, and realistic attributes to any roleplay in the vicinity.

Edited by ToastyBud

4 minutes ago, ToastyBud said:

The only think I agree with regarding OP, is the fact that a generic should be placed so that the location of the cameras can be pinpointed and seen by legal and illegal RPers, providing realistic blind spots, realistic capture of events, and realistic attributes to any roleplay in the vicinity.

Agreed generics should certainly be placed otherwise each instance cameras could be in different areas (Therefore not making it 'fair') on those involved in the incident.

Sure, just don't complain in the near future if this is accepted that the Government have Military Grade CCTV. :)

1 minute ago, JameZ said:

Isn't that the case already though?

Nope. Right now Government buildings only RP'ly have 480p resolution at 5 frames per second. So the camera's are pretty basic and cheap.

1 hour ago, DylanW said:

Sure, just don't complain in the near future if this is accepted that the Government have Military Grade CCTV. :)

Yeah let this get changed and then gov factions can get the best CCTVs and they won’t have a chance too.

Just now, Thomasmith said:

Yeah let this get changed and then gov factions can get the best CCTVs and they won’t have a chance too.

They'll complain even more because it'll be high-end stuff at least right now it's only basic CCTV cameras.

Start your own company which will be installing CCTVs and doing security stuff and make the faction active for at least 2 months and then we can change this rule and let gov factions install their own CCTVs.

Won’t be a good idea if there is no official active faction for such an activity.

2 minutes ago, DylanW said:

They'll complain even more because it'll be high-end stuff at least right now it's only basic CCTV cameras.

Yeah, got your point.

Will be pointless to change this tbh cuz gov factions have always had exceptions. 

5 hours ago, Zebulon said:

Or: Use Common Sense

Oh shut up flapping your cock about. Any suggestion that doesn’t benefit LEA’s is an instant no from you. 

OT; Yes they should be roleplayed, one rule for all. 

1 hour ago, Thomasmith said:

Start your own company which will be installing CCTVs and doing security stuff and make the faction active for at least 2 months and then we can change this rule and let gov factions install their own CCTVs.

Won’t be a good idea if there is no official active faction for such an activity.

cough @Vubstersmurf cough

OT though, iirc SEMC are fine with their cameras, they have actual ones installed unless they've changed their ints in the last 8 or so months.

5 hours ago, Wright said:

Is this about the incident where you chased someone into the hospital parking lot with no masks on and kidnapped them with your own car? @Jamie

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that I got arrested, I just wish that we could've at least seen the camera. Especially since this individual didn't let us roleplay anything after taunting us via IPS. She white-knighted for no reason and then QQ'ed when we kidnapped her. She didn't give the slightest amount of perms either. I understand that there is a rule surrounding the camera thing, I do believe they should not be invisible. As @BboyEnzo said, we would not have done such if the cameras were visible. On top of that, it's not fair, you're encouraging powergaming because these government agencies are too lazy/robocops.

2 hours ago, DylanW said:

@DylanW it doesn't matter, in the rule, they digress how EVERY angle would be covered. These cameras are invisible as well as they supposed to be roleplayed. As I've said in a previous thread, it's bad that as a veteran player. I have to watch my back because there is just way too many rules nowadays.

5 hours ago, ItzGinaa said:

But if they roleplay installing a pinhole camera, one thats hard to spot, it would make sense to roleplay a camera you cannot see.

Yes, but these haven't been roleplayed. Your point is irrelevant.

@Jamie Well if this get's changed. Don't come complaining that you see military grade CCTV all over the city it'll be realistic then. :)

Just now, DylanW said:

Well if this get's changed. Don't come complaining that you see military grade CCTV all over the city it'll be realistic then. :)

Do you see me complaining? I just want to be able to see these "military-grade" cameras and ensure that they're being roleplayed properly. It's not fair that someone who isn't a part of a government organization has to purchase and install said cameras, you feel me?

Just now, Jamie said:

Do you see me complaining? I just want to be able to see these "military-grade" cameras and ensure that they're being roleplayed properly. It's not fair that someone who isn't a part of a government organization has to purchase and install said cameras, you feel me?

Well it's pretty much common sense to know Government areas would have CCTV unless you don't have CCTV in Government area's in your State.

@DylanW How many times do I have to say this? "We don't care if there are cameras, we want to be able to see them and ensure they are being roleplayed." I don't care if they have military-grade cameras, I don't care if they pin-holed, I just want them roleplayed properly. This is literally unfair to the rest of the server just because "Oh, I'm a government"