Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuanTwoThree

GTA SA DirectX 2.0 ENB

So a lot (I mean a lot) of people have been asking me which ENB I use. I get it really, the truth is, it really does look like a completely different game. However, most of em don't know how to install it, and I don't mind helping - But I thought... What if I just make a topic about it? And boom, here. I am.

Here are some screenshots I took with this ENB.

0Kzk2TC.png

a1Sxo8i.png

MmbVSIn.png

hQ6WTt6.png

K7MTTO8.png

5y9WVCZ.png

rUKayyx.png

gwc8S44.png

7hUCkB5.png

x1xxi2U.png

VrKvDsH.png

DnEZ77R.png

Yb8Wfm9.png

DiEeYbA.png

If your PC isn't the best, don't worry. I used the highest configs but there's lower, too. I don't know the minimum requirements or anything like that, by the way.

Let's move on to the installation:

DISCLAIMER: Install at your own risk. You never know what modding your game can do to it - And I'm not to be held responsible if something goes wrong. 

1 - Go to http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/119369-sa-directx-2-0/ and download the mod (we're not going far without it dont you think lmao)

0ArCdNjNRQGtKTCuxEdbQQ.png

2 - Make a new folder called GTA Direct X or some shit like that and extract the rar file inside it. Or don't, extract it on your desktop if you're untidy and messy like that. I don't care. But you totally should put it in a folder.

r0kDJ61YTvy_AFU7tHeeUg.png

3 - Now that you have all your files and shit neatly inside a folder (I hope), you can move on to the installation. You can install whatever you want, but in this case, I'll explain how to get the MTA one working. So yeah, open the "SA_DirectX 2.0 - MTA" folder and choose your desired quality and, if you like the ugly ass depth of field, go ahead and open it too. Leave it open.

8B1NAvmxSi_bQlSbGYyyiQ.png

Choose the folder you think your PC would run. If you have a box-shaped crap with a keyboard and a mouse, I wouldn't even install an ENB at all - But hey, you can opt for the Very Low (cyka blyat) folder. Personally, I chose the High one and didn't install Depth of Field, but once again, this is personal and depends on your case. I -think- installation is the same for all of them.

4 - Go to your GTA SA directory and do a backup of the "data" folder. If you ever wanna uninstall it or if it fucks up your game, you'll need it. Just copy it and throw it somewhere else.

9PYpmY1UQbCWAP7dU4AMlQ.png

5 - Now, go back to the DirectX 2.0 folder you left open, copy all the files (of the folder with the configuration you're using of course), and paste them onto GTA SA's directory. Just say yes to everything, that's what you backed shit up for, right? The mod has an asi file but don't worry about it. You can still launch MTA with it.

fBndK1yoT7CJKU9JT_Qshg.pngXuQT6PjkTD6x3iez4JuSMw.png

(yes i know the second one looks like shit but I had to edit the size because it was uneven and i didnt like that okay)

6 - Alright, that's that. I think I'm not forgetting anything. So yeah, launch MTA. It'll most likely warn you about the ASI and some other stuff, but everything should be alright... So yeah - Head to OwlGaming. You'll shortly notice, HEY, EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE SHIT. Calm your tits. You need to hit F10 > Settings and then put vehicle and water shaders off. If everything still looks like shit (which it most likely will), reconnect.

And boom! You're done. Say hello to unnecessarily resource-consuming HD textures and most importantly, sexy screenshots!

Enjoy. Also, feel more than free to drop your screenshots on the comments.

2 minutes ago, Script said:

Bless.

Gonna try this on a new copy of GTA SA first before I fuck up my MTA SA too. xD

i hope it does

Enjoy and send screenies. :]

For those who bought GTA SA through Steam, you won't find it in Rockstar Games.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

:)

Just now, Makefoo said:

I just installed it, works perfectly fine.

However I was wondering, is it possible to turn off car reflections? I tried some settings here and there without any success.

I think so. If you hit shift and enter at the same time it opens a super high-tech menu. There's a car category, fiddle with that a little bit and don't forget to apply the changes afterward.

OfkJ0w6PRt6tLC3TZdIGfg.png

5 minutes ago, Makefoo said:

Did you turn of those shaders like he mentioned?

You're a genius man, I was so excited at the time that I did not pay attention to his last line, thank you!

Something went horribly wrong for me, lol. I could handle the ENB back in my last edition of MTA but now everything is just red and blue for me.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Something went horribly wrong for me, lol. I could handle the ENB back in my last edition of MTA but now everything is just red and blue for me.

This happens to me after I alt tab back in

2 hours ago, Piney said:

59 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

This happens to me after I alt tab back in

So yeah, i downloaded and tried this ENB ( MTA - Medium and also the Low one), i get 20-30 FPS with it and it really feels like my game is going super slow, also when i Alt tabbed and came back in i couldn't see anything so i pressed F10 x2 but after that i couldn't see the chat so it was at that moment i decided to uninstall it. There's probably a way to get out the red and blue or the black screen if you mess around with it i belive.

9 minutes ago, gensyy said:

So yeah, i downloaded and tried this ENB ( MTA - Medium and also the Low one), i get 20-30 FPS with it and it really feels like my game is going super slow, also when i Alt tabbed and came back in i couldn't see anything so i pressed F10 x2 but after that i couldn't see the chat so it was at that moment i decided to uninstall it. There's probably a way to get out the red and blue or the black screen if you mess around with it i belive.

you need a "decent" rig to run ENBs. I managed to solve the red and blue issue by going into borderless window mode.

2 minutes ago, Kozinski said:

Thanks, is this how its supposed to look on high settings? ?

Hide contents

QHInhUg.jpg

ri4HV0F.jpg

If so, the only issue i have with it is that it gets super dark whenever i get inside interiors

Try to increase your game's brightness

8 hours ago, Kozinski said:

tried to, already maxed out

you can just turn it off in interiors :p 

It's only dark in ints in nighttime for me.

And yeah, out of LS roads are super sketchy at night, wish we still had the dynamic lighting