[Vehicle Chopping] - Revise

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

Vehicle Chopping

I want to...:

Revise

Elaboration:

I think that you should revise the way you calculate rewards for this.

Here's my example:

1993 Lamborghini Diablo VT
Admin Winton Spencer has given you: 11,700.
Reason: Vehicle Chop.

kKsANz7HQD_68KEtDa-AXA.png
Shit doesn't make sense at all.

Edited by DaLuppo

All fairness most properly took you a few hours to chop the vehicle IRL it takes a few days.

Edited by DylanW

and those are Brand new rims, not used ones :) and yes he has a point, you cant ask a 3 day worth of work payout for 2 hours of RP.

Also it'd take you months to sell car parts, specially exotic ones. On another note, those are Lamborghini SV rims not VT, some price difference from there aswell. And there are a lot of parts on cars with VIN's on them/programmed into them, just so they can stop vehicle chopping in real life, it's not as easy as it sounds. once you decode the vin/ file it off, the part becomes less valuable as people know something shady is going on.

Edited by Gazzeh

2 minutes ago, Gazzeh said:

and those are Brand new rims, not used ones :) and yes he has a point, you cant ask a 3 day worth of work payout for 2 hours of RP.

Also it'd take you months to sell car parts, specially exotic ones.

the car had 1000 on its mileage.

8 minutes ago, DaLuppo said:

the car had 1000 on its mileage.

not actual mileage, that's mileage in SA as i dont think there are any Diablo's for sale with dealership mileage, also you've brought up SV rims not VT ones. if you'd try to sell, lets say the engine on ig auction house, the owner/ cops will notice it and that's how they're gonna catch you, exactly how it happends in real life. and lets be honest, if you have cash to own a lamborghini, you wont be buying your parts off of some hoodling.. no you want a dealership to sell you the part.

Engine is one of the most expensive parts and with 2010+ cars its almost impossible to get rid of the VIN on it, specially on exotic cars, some ECU's only work with one engine and need to go through a programming software ( only available to manufacturer) to be compatible with other engines of same type, and so does the engine.

Edited by Gazzeh

i mean hey, just deal with it my guy.

I remember my buddy and I chopped two late model bikes, i believe it was a 2018 s100rr and a 2017 gsx1300r. I think we got maybe eight grand in total.

thats just the way she goes

15 minutes ago, Park said:

i mean hey, just deal with it my guy.

I remember my buddy and I chopped two late model bikes, i believe it was a 2018 s100rr and a 2017 gsx1300r. I think we got maybe eight grand in total.

thats just the way she goes

good old days.

OT: I would say you got a fair price for your vehicle chopping.

1 minute ago, Script said:

good old days.

OT: I would say you got a fair price for your vehicle chopping.

yeah me too

was a few hours of work, chilling, shooting the shit in a garage doing basically what i do irl for 8k

not sure what there is to complain about

Edited by Park

16 hours ago, DaLuppo said:

I'm only trying to say that they should consider some other things beside the car's weight. 

There are multiple factors that decide the price of the chop, rarity, year etc.

When i did a car chop 2018 ford mustang (BRAND NEW may I add) I got 14k and was told it was solely based on weight.  Which really did suck considering I spent tons of time properly taking out every single piece (which is harder than it sounds especially with the technology of modern cars).  I didn't expect tons of money - because that would make no sense. However the actual parts of said car is worth more than 14k including the fact I rpd for ages (762 lines of rp if i remember correctly).

So now I just haven't bothered since, because it just isn't worth my time - unless I somehow stole a bus or something very heavy. I think the rule needs to be changed to include a bonus on how good the RP was among other factors instead of just weight.  Make it WORTH doing, because right now illegal market is just firearms which makes no realistic sense - drugs don't have worth so most people are just sitting on a kilo of stuff without getting rid of it.

12 minutes ago, Vubstersmurf said:

because right now illegal market is just firearms which makes no realistic sense - drugs don't have worth so most people are just sitting on a kilo of stuff without getting rid of it.

^
Encourage people to do more illegal stuff by increasing the rewards based on logical factors.

Edited by Kalisto

People who keeps complaining about "because you didn't spend enough effort on chopping it" has no idea what the hell they are talking about. It doesn't matter if you spend time or not. I remember i wrote over 400 lines for chopping a car. It doesn't mean shit if you spend effort or not. Admins basically calculate weights and give you the money. They don't mind of any other conditions. Atleast they did not when i chopped cars.

39 minutes ago, GeroXy said:

People who keeps complaining about "because you didn't spend enough effort on chopping it" has no idea what the hell they are talking about. It doesn't matter if you spend time or not. I remember i wrote over 400 lines for chopping a car. It doesn't mean shit if you spend effort or not. Admins basically calculate weights and give you the money. They don't mind of any other conditions. Atleast they did not when i chopped cars.

400 isn't even that much, some people do 400 lines to just install bodykit to a car.

1 minute ago, Gazzeh said:

400 isn't even that much, some people do 400 lines to just install bodykit to a car.

it's variable. it doesn't mean 400 is not too much if some random pleb spends 400 lines for bodykit. btw what does it have to do with our conv lol.