Wibby

Make CCTV containers

I actually really like this idea, never really thought of it.
This would make things a lot more convenient and there wouldn't be a need to litter the surrounding area with notes.
+1 for me

Yes this is brilliant on so many levels had, thanks for the suggestion yo that's hella dope.

No just generally, was somewhat bothered with walls littered with meaningless notes that only the person who owns the property should see anyway. Should also help with metagaming that of course no one does on this server.

Edited by Wibby

1 hour ago, Jord said:

So a storage generic then. 

I don't believe those work outside.
There would probably have to be some script changes for this, such as maybe allowing certain people to access the item (including admins).

The only negative I can actually see with this is that it will take a really long time replacing a lot of the existing cameras 😛 The way around it would probably be that people ho report for the items get them spawned in. That should probably reduce that issue.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

There would probably have to be some script changes for this, such as maybe allowing certain people to access the item (including admins).

The only negative I can actually see with this is that it will take a really long time replacing a lot of the existing cameras 😛 The way around it would probably be that people ho report for the items get them spawned in. That should probably reduce that issue.

your artwork is shite

36 minutes ago, Piney said:

How about adding a function to add notes to generic objects in general (Only by admins of course)? They already have commands to view the object IDs of nearby objects, so why not link them up let them add notes (Like ints and vehicles) through another command? Sure it may take up some storage space on whatever server/host Owl is using, but it could be made to automatically delete the notes after a week/2 weeks/a month.

Edited by Renny
Clarification

So, *2 males would be seen running towards bla bla* notes would be stored inside the generic? Yeah, good idea, storage item is much better, less note spam.

Ofc visual things such as the camera being tampered with, broken and stuff would have to be on a outside note, but it's actually a simple idea.

200.gif

15 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

So, *2 males would be seen running towards bla bla* notes would be stored inside the generic? Yeah, good idea, storage item is much better, less note spam.

Ofc visual things such as the camera being tampered with, broken and stuff would have to be on a outside note, but it's actually a simple idea.

200.gif

Or since such actions need an admin the admin can create a new item "broken 180p CCTV".

1 minute ago, Radhwan said:

Or since such actions need an admin the admin can create a new item "broken 180p CCTV".

It would give them too much trouble, considering they would have to take any notes inside the cctv away, and create a new item, a note saying it's broken, tampered and such is fine tbh. 

2 hours ago, Wibby said:

No just generally, was somewhat bothered with walls littered with meaningless notes that only the person who owns the property should see anyway. Should also help with metagaming that of course no one does on this server.

I'm just meaning what notes are you talking about? Any descriptive notes about camera models and etc should be in the interior note

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I'm just meaning what notes are you talking about? Any descriptive notes about camera models and etc should be in the interior note

This is obvious, but I think Wibby described what he ment so that everyone should understand.

1 minute ago, Tajiri said:

This is obvious, but I think Wibby described what he ment so that everyone should understand.

Right... But why does this been to be a thing at all if the notes existing on cameras already are not supposed to be there...

Just now, Chaos said:

Right... But why does this been to be a thing at all if the notes existing on cameras already are not supposed to be there...

So if two people have drug deal under camera, how should they act? Usually they leave notes there so interior owner knows.

Just now, Tajiri said:

So if two people have drug deal under camera, how should they act? Usually they leave notes there so interior owner knows.

Ah okay I just wasn't following which notes you meant. I see, however with this suggestion there's no way for the owner to tell if something new was added unless they checked.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Ah okay I just wasn't following which notes you meant. I see, however with this suggestion there's no way for the owner to tell if something new was added unless they checked.

How do you know if someone visited your property IRL if you have CCTV? You check cameras (in this case, the container).

7 minutes ago, Tajiri said:

How do you know if someone visited your property IRL if you have CCTV? You check cameras (in this case, the container).

All cameras have sensors so... You would know when shit happens