1. 1. Yay or nay

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Yacht instead of Tropic

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
To be honest the current Tropic model is just super small for modern day yachts, I am suggesting a dff model change to a bigger yacht you know, not gonna a 20 feet boat to depict a 200 feet yacht you know I mean come on now, maybe not tropic but one of those unused speed boats, not much difference.

What are the advantages?-
Wider range
Sea life will become more interesting

What are the disadvantages?-

With the right non-heavy model for potatoe computers no disadvantages.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Idk not a scripter

Edited by Radhwan

Just now, Gazzeh said:

no, everyone will own one. let them be as they are atm.

Obviously no lol, yachts are atleast 300k, under that will get the regular tropic model, I suggested maybe replace the unused speedboat model

Just now, Unitts said:

I don't feel a model change is needed, anyone who wishes to change it is welcome to replace it clientside.

I realise that but if we do that it will create HEAVY sync problems between multiple people if one has a bigger custom model. Not like guns.

• Like 1

Thats fun and all, but we all know what would happen... The fishing script 2.0, where you had water cities, made out of boats.

MfK7okh.png

P.S.: If you're changing anything to become a yacht, change the marquis not the tropic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.yachtall.com/en/boat/hatteras-70-cockpit-156541 Heres one for 150k basically. 

Almost everyone in this server owns car/cars that are over that, why wouldn't they spend mere 100k+ to own a big ass boat? They would is the answer, neither can you put a price limit on ooc model of a vehicle. This is not needed and will end up filling all the docks with same type of boats. HUGE NO

• Salty 1

1 minute ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Thats fun and all, but we all know what would happen... The fishing script 2.0, where you had water cities, made out of boats.

MfK7okh.png

P.S.: If you're changing anything to become a yacht, change the marquis not the tropic.

Tru but it's a sail boat not motor boat

Just now, Gazzeh said:

https://www.yachtall.com/en/boat/hatteras-70-cockpit-156541 Heres one for 150k basically. 

Almost everyone in this server owns car/cars that are over that, why wouldn't they spend mere 100k+ to own a big ass boat? They would is the answer, neither can you put a price limit on ooc model of a vehicle. This is not needed and will end up filling all the docks with same type of boats. HUGE NO

1. That boat does not qualify as a "yacht"

2. They won't spend that much because they are not as fast and flashy as fast cars

3. There are regulations that the government can put regarding where yachts can be parked, you're just creating

4. License to own a yacht will fix everything

5. Only less than %10 of the playerbase can afford a 200-300 little yacht

10 minutes ago, Radhwan said:

2. They won't spend that much because they are not as fast and flashy as fast cars

?

So you want to have an actual 100m long yacht in game? as good as lining up like 20 cars.

A superyacht generally refers to any yacht (sail or power) above 24 m (79 ft) and a megayacht generally refers to any yacht over 50 metres (164 ft)." The one i showed is basically 21m longs, so i'd consider it a yacht. also, we don't need a custom model for a vehicle that only 2 people can afford to own (2 million$+ ) 

Edited by Gazzeh
  • Haha 1

If we were to add something like this, it would have to be low poly so it fits in. Tbf, I've always liked Cortez's boat from Vice City. There is a actual mod for it, and if we were to implement it we'd either have to force everyone who owns the current yacht model to get a model change, pay a "upgrade" fee to get to get have the vehicle name changed to a fitting OOC model or have it deleted. Another option is to use one of the very under used or ones we dont have a need for, such as the military boat with a big whopping turret on the back.

image.php?soubor=colonel-cortez-yachtr-z

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

So my deep sea crabbing vessel is being suggested to be turned into a yacht, nah no thank you.

The crabyacht

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJoseEviI said:

If we were to add something like this, it would have to be low poly so it fits in. Tbf, I've always liked Cortez's boat from Vice City. There is a actual mod for it, and if we were to implement it we'd either have to force everyone who owns the current yacht model to get a model change, pay a "upgrade" fee to get to get have the vehicle name changed to a fitting OOC model or have it deleted. Another option is to use one of the very under used or ones we dont have a need for, such as the military boat with a big whopping turret on the back.

image.php?soubor=colonel-cortez-yachtr-z

I aswell saw this and thought it's the best fit aswell, low poly and not too huge.

2 hours ago, Gazzeh said:

?

So you want to have an actual 100m long yacht in game? as good as lining up like 20 cars.

A superyacht generally refers to any yacht (sail or power) above 24 m (79 ft) and a megayacht generally refers to any yacht over 50 metres (164 ft)." The one i showed is basically 21m longs, so i'd consider it a yacht. also, we don't need a custom model for a vehicle that only 2 people can afford to own (2 million$+ ) 

Saying there are only two people who can afford a yacht at such price is ridiculous, even I can afford a yacht that expensive.. If I see someone spending 2m on a koenigsegg I think he won't mind buying one of the biggest marks of luxury and lavish life, a yacht.

latest?cb=20091027112612
Found a picture of the boat I was referring too. It's called the Launch, so far I've only seen one or two in game and I have never seen them in use. I would love to see some boat variety. If not add a yacht, perhaps add something larger at least, whether its luxurious or not. VT can be cautious when it comes to approving vehicles on said models, perhaps making it required that you need permission before requesting said vehicle so we can control the population of the new boats.

Either way, I'm in favor of a new boat model, all the current ones are poo.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

latest?cb=20091027112612
Found a picture of the boat I was referring too. It's called the Launch, so far I've only seen one or two in game and I have never seen them in use. I would love to see some boat variety. If not add a yacht, perhaps add something larger at least, whether its luxurious or not. VT can be cautious when it comes to approving vehicles on said models, perhaps making it required that you need permission before requesting said vehicle so we can control the population of the new boats.

Since they are not really something that common, I don't see why the model for the existing boats couldn't be changed into something that fits better so we could implement the yacht.

Personally I feel like this would give more reasons for the super wealthy to buy expensive boats though this could have other uses as well, such as having the boats being used for parties, maybe for transport and so on.

The only thing I can see stopping people from buying these is the tax rate which I imagine is gona be huge.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrJoseEviI said:

latest?cb=20091027112612

tbf irl people do live in boats, and if what Jose said is done i don't think there would be an issue, but, we would require some mapping work on the marina for a vehicle this big to fit, as the marina is too small for a boat that size. Or a smaller vehicle would have to be added. BTW while on this, i suspect you would want a interior to be on it different from the marquis, correct?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNeonGuy said:

tbf irl people do live in boats, and if what Jose said is done i don't think there would be an issue, but, we would require some mapping work on the marina for a vehicle this big to fit, as the marina is too small for a boat that size. Or a smaller vehicle would have to be added. BTW while on this, i suspect you would want a interior to be on it different from the marquis, correct?

1. Yachts don't necessarily have to be in the Santa Maria docks they can have their own space in the sea, not necessarily parked on a shore unless you own land you know what I mean.

2. Yes defenitely a different bigger int than the marquis. I can map one myself without exceeding a certain limit but no time for me now.

• Like 1

No for Yachts, doesn't belong imo to this and everyone will own one by the end of the day, making it not unique anymore.

A complete new boat would be better as suggested above. What? I don't know but we've had that Jetski suggestion once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yannickboy15 said:

No for Yachts, doesn't belong imo to this and everyone will own one by the end of the day, making it not unique anymore.

A complete new boat would be better as suggested above. What? I don't know but we've had that Jetski suggestion once.

Thanks for ruining it... 10 custom vehicle models for gov facs and none for the society... Bro yachts do belong and atleast make a requirement of one being atleast 160 feet long to be on that model.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, Radhwan said:

I already have both .txd and .dff files just need the people concerned to accept & implement this.

Can you post a SS of the mod?

Edited by DrJoseEviI