AJay

Disregarding life, right?

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

will still want to discuss this so we can find a balance.

So I came up with the following, I have seen most of the comments talking about how useless a Pk is nowadays and how they are not satisfied with victims escaping with zero loss, the best solution would be forcing the other partner to drop everything valuable upon death but it would still be considered as a PK.

Edited by Kalisto

9 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

People get CKd too easily, a portion of the community is upset. People don't get CKd as easily anymore, a portion of the community is upset. There is literally no winning.

The consensus from the majority of players was that we should raise the requirements to CK. We did that and increased the severity of a PK.  Someone who gets shot should be spending multiple days in the hospital and roleplay pain, side effects, and other things afterward. If they are not, report them.

Read a section of the rules explaining this.

So, someone may be CKd if they are in a situation where a gun to their head shows clear disregard and it's not just a fluid situation. I don't know where this perception is coming from that all such situations are PKs only, but, a CK is not mandatory. It is up to an administrator handling the situation because the opposite of a CK, being a PK, should still be a severe consequence for deciding to be an idiot.

Additionally, this assertion is just not true and it's this kind of false information spreading around that makes players interpret the rules wrong and causes them to get upset when they don't understand how things work. Alfredas, you should know better as a staff member.

This is in fact what the rules states. You can indeed steal someone's stuff after a PK if the PK was done so in the context of disregard.

I'm speaking from personal experience. Last week I was involved in a robbery, guy ran and i shot him. After the whole incident I /report'ed to either get the dude CK'ed or get his stuff. @QueenC took the report and explained that running from an armed robber is no longer disregard, and after I asked to get his items she said I can't get them since this is a PK.

6 minutes ago, Alfredas said:

I'm speaking from personal experience. Last week I was involved in a robbery, guy ran and i shot him. After the whole incident I /report'ed to either get the dude CK'ed or get his stuff. @QueenC took the report and explained that running from an armed robber is no longer disregard, and after I asked to get his items she said I can't get them since this is a PK.

^ this. @ThatGuy @Chaos seems fair and workable for you?

43 minutes ago, Kalisto said:

So I came up with the following, I have seen most of the comments talking about how useless a Pk is nowadays and how they are not satisfied with victims escaping with zero loss, the best solution would be forcing the other partner to drop everything valuable upon death but it would still be considered as a PK.

This could be a solution aswell

Edited by Glatoos

Just now, Glatoos said:

^ this. 

That is because fleeing from a robber or mugger is by definition a means of self-preservation and therefore not disrgard unless there are circumstances such as the mugger saying "if you try and run I will kill you"

3 minutes ago, Zebulon said:

That is because fleeing from a robber or mugger is by definition a means of self-preservation and therefore not disrgard unless there are circumstances such as the mugger saying "if you try and run I will kill you"

So an easy way to escape without any problems is just to keep quiet, turn around and run from the robber, and its all green...? WAT

Edited by Glatoos

4 minutes ago, Zebulon said:

Having a gun pointed at you and your possessions requested is a way of saying that, running from a mugger any way is disregard of life

Edited by JayZawack

5 minutes ago, Zebulon said:

That's Understandable, but let me quote ThatGuy:

9 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

This is in fact what the rules states. You can indeed steal someone's stuff after a PK if the PK was done so in the context of disregard.

So, basically at this point, One admin tries to explain that you can't do it, yet another one says you can.

Edited by Alfredas

4 minutes ago, Alfredas said:

So, basically at this point, One admin tries to explain that you can't do it, yet another one says you can.

This is a problem as well lol, I've been seeing UAT and GAT give opposite opinions on certain same situations even since before the CK rule change.

Edited by JayZawack

1 minute ago, Gazzeh said:

Start acting IC, make the rich fags know that they shouldnt go To idlewood smh, this doesnt need serverside tweak. Just make them fear the place. 

We have, but not Only are they rich, they are mostly ex navy seals with tier 2 gun licenses aswell, but ey.

1 minute ago, JayZawack said:

This is a problem as well lol, I've been seeing UAT and GAT give opposite opinions on certain same situations even since before the CK rule change.

True facts ^^^

12 minutes ago, Glatoos said:

We have, but not Only are they rich, they are mostly ex navy seals with tier 2 gun licenses aswell, but ey.

Sure, but it's still an IC issue even if they're walking around with Tier 2 gun licenses. Gives you guys more of a challenge and rp all around for everyone.

6 hours ago, disappoint said:

Love how you complain about fancy cars in idlewood ehile you drove a bentley there for ages @Serx

which char you talking about? i had a Bentley on Jesus Rivera and he is co-leading a cartel, I was there with street cred so none of that i live in vinewood and esex with PD then pull up at idlewood to call people "niggers". Get ur facts right homo
other than that, I had a Bentley on Jahron Wilburn also whomst had 16 bodies and lots of gun, assault and other charges lmao

Edited by Serx

god these rich suit people leaning up against their supercars half the time and spending the other half screaming at other people.. having only their tier-2 gun licenses to protect them.

10 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Want to make them get out of your hoods? Start stealing their valuable assets, burn their cars, make them afraid to lose their things, and their lives.

MFvb5K6.png

+1

1 minute ago, Script said:

From reading all the comments, it just seems like there's two types of people; one that drive their expensive cars to Pizza Stack and other that just wants to murder people only because they claim Idlewood is a crime infested area. 

Yeh boiii 

45 minutes ago, Script said:

From reading all the comments, it just seems like there's two types of people; one that drive their expensive cars to Pizza Stack and other that just wants to murder people only because they claim Idlewood is a crime infested area. 

You sir must be a legal role player.

1 hour ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Want to make them get out of your hoods? Start stealing their valuable assets, burn their cars, make them afraid to lose their things, and their lives.

These are real life reasons why people don't go into bad areas, if you don't take IC actions to make them leave, what is the point? Granted, there is a lot more cops in the ghetto in owl than irl, but still, IC actions fams. If they don't respect you, make them fear you.

The hot-wiring system is too stupid, I once used a slim-jim to open a door of a car (won't make ANY noise) and it was roleplayed that the neighbors (Players who aren't even online) would see and hear the hot-wiring attempt, and also call the cops. It shouldn't be that strict.

Just now, yasooo said:

The hot-wiring system is too stupid, I once used a slim-jim to open a door of a car (won't make ANY noise) and it was roleplayed that the neighbors (Players who aren't even online) would see and hear the hot-wiring attempt, and also call the cops. It shouldn't be that strict.

Maybe the admins supervising need some training on how cars are hotwired and stuff, it's understandable, noone can know everything.

6 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

Maybe the admins supervising need some training on how cars are hotwired and stuff, it's understandable, noone can know everything.

That's correct, but it isn't really the point, I have been playing owl for almost an year now, the hot-wiring system was so simple, only online players could hear and see what's going on, unless a very stupid action was performed. Now it's barely impossible to hot-wire a vehicle.

About the disregarding of lives issue, I am pretty sure I didn't have the balls to enter Grove as a legal character 7-8 months ago, I have recently seen people driving 2019 cars and drifting inside Grove...

33 minutes ago, yasooo said:

That's correct, but it isn't really the point, I have been playing owl for almost an year now, the hot-wiring system was so simple, only online players could hear and see what's going on, unless a very stupid action was performed. Now it's barely impossible to hot-wire a vehicle.

I don't know what you're talking about, because I've done and seen plenty of hotwiring/car stealing rp and it goes smoothly. I think it's more of an admin issue like @TheNeonGuy said, some admins supervise it differently and they can't all know everything there is to it.