Daniels

Developer Diary #4 - Bits & Pieces

3 hours ago, Godverdomme said:

Ah so I assume we're not gonna work with real life car brands?

3 hours ago, RayPayne said:

How is vehicles going to work?

Are they going to stay spawned where you left them when you log? or are they going to despawn til you return? 

You guys read my mind.

@Daniels can you clarify? (sorry for tagging but it seems appropriate considering you were showcasing vehicles)

3 hours ago, Daniels said:

They stay spawned where you left them. No despawning.

Our current plan is to launch without 'real brands' since V has enough variations (about 600 vehicle models, some with different liveries).

So when vehicle brands if/do become a thing then everyone who has model Sentinel wouldn't that mean their car would be deleted or there'd be no variation etc?

10 minutes ago, Portside said:

So when vehicle brands if/do become a thing then everyone who has model Sentinel wouldn't that mean their car would be deleted or there'd be no variation etc?

We'd probably offer them a one time 'pick your brand' UI.

I'm a big fan of not having real brands in V. The game feels too.. HD to pretend the car is something else than it actually is

On 5/22/2018 at 10:08 AM, croozerdog said:

I'm a big fan of not having real brands in V. The game feels too.. HD to pretend the car is something else than it actually is

^ Considering what is happening in MTA, i think this is the way to go, keeping the cars with the GTA brands.

I have a couple of questions.

1. How will the vehicle customization work? Will it be like in GTA, where you use a garage, and the mechanic job becomes about repairing a broken down vehicle, or will it be like in owl, where you can moddify your car? (I've got a little fear regarding this, due to the economy revolving vehicles in MTA already, hence why i'm asking.)

2. Is it going to be possible for me to buy a house, and rent it to a player, via a script? Ex: I buy a house, either /setforrent X (x being price) or any other way, or will i be required to go ingame and ask for my money?

3. Will there be NPCs driving around? I feel that sometimes the lack of NPCs make it easy for other players to spot you if you are doing recon, along with those lines, and that the GTA V streets become very empty without them. I do know that they are a bit buggy, and lag the server, but you know...

4. How will the housing system work? Are you guys going to use the GTA Online interiors, or will there be custom interiors, that are part of the server? (As in, there is a lack of low class/middle class interiors, making pretty much every house look the same.) Other information about it, if possible.

5. Since the server, atleast at first is going to be mostly around Palomino, are poor areas going to be mapped, or are you going to consider the RP zone to go untill Sandy shores/Prision. (aka everything north of Vinewood/Los Santos)?

These are all my questions for now, thank you for your time.

Major hype for this, the best of luck for your development, thank you to the scripters and UAT!

On 5/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, TheNeonGuy said:

^ Considering what is happening in MTA, i think this is the way to go, keeping the cars with the GTA brands.

I have a couple of questions.

1. How will the vehicle customization work? Will it be like in GTA, where you use a garage, and the mechanic job becomes about repairing a broken down vehicle, or will it be like in owl, where you can moddify your car? (I've got a little fear regarding this, due to the economy revolving vehicles in MTA already, hence why i'm asking.)

Daniels: We haven't implemented this yet. However, pulling a quick answer from my head I would say:

- Cars will be moddable for sure at some point, most likely via a garage.

- Repairs via a mechanic job

- I'm unsure if we'll launch with this feature (car modding) day 1, it depends. I'd like some more time to think it out and discuss it further with the community.

2. Is it going to be possible for me to buy a house, and rent it to a player, via a script? Ex: I buy a house, either /setforrent X (x being price) or any other way, or will i be required to go ingame and ask for my money?

Daniels: It will be possible. You won't have to go in-game and ask for your money.

3. Will there be NPCs driving around? I feel that sometimes the lack of NPCs make it easy for other players to spot you if you are doing recon, along with those lines, and that the GTA V streets become very empty without them. I do know that they are a bit buggy, and lag the server, but you know...

Daniels: Not currently. RAGE (the multiplayer mod we are using) may support this in the future. We're also in Paleto Bay which is small, so streets don't feel as much like a ghost town as GTA 5 LS does.

4. How will the housing system work? Are you guys going to use the GTA Online interiors, or will there be custom interiors, that are part of the server? (As in, there is a lack of low class/middle class interiors, making pretty much every house look the same.) Other information about it, if possible.

Daniels: We offer GTA Online interiors, we're looking into mapping custom interiors. With regards to other information, aside from the renting above, you can buy houses on a mortgage from the bank or pay for the entire thing out-right if you are rich enough. Feel free to ask specific questions if you can think of any.

5. Since the server, atleast at first is going to be mostly around Palomino, are poor areas going to be mapped, or are you going to consider the RP zone to go untill Sandy shores/Prision. (aka everything north of Vinewood/Los Santos)?

Daniels: We're based in Paleto, there's plenty of poor housing and motels etc. Also larger houses etc. We have no plans to expand or relocate currently.

These are all my questions for now, thank you for your time.

Major hype for this, the best of luck for your development, thank you to the scripters and UAT!

Daniels: Thanks!

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. I missed the notification. Answers are inline bold above.

7 hours ago, Daniels said:

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. I missed the notification. Answers are inline bold above.

Awesome! Thanks for replying, I was also looking for answers to these questions.

Can't wait for this. :)