[Items] - Shell Catcher.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Shell Catcher.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Items

What is the suggestion?-
Purchasable item that moves shells from firearms into inventory instead of dropping them on the ground.

What are the advantages?-
No more picking up shells.

What are the disadvantages?-

Harder to track gun related cases I imagine (not as much evidence).

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
If player is holding a certain item, shells from firing firearms will move into inventory instead of dropped on the ground.

plis show me something that does shit like this irl

These actually exist surprisingly, but it’s not actually something that’s convenient as you can’t slip it into a holster or waistband if you have it attached to your gun. You could technically just get a generic item, and if you ever get caught with the weapon you just show the officer(s) proof of you attatching it before committing the crime, or have a admin retrieve the casings.

edit: proof

Spoiler

ABC%20100_6666.JPG

25198.jpg

137.jpg

e&l3.jpg

Edited by DrJoseEviI

18 minutes ago, DrJoseEviI said:

These actually exist surprisingly, but it’s not actually something that’s convenient as you can’t slip it into a holster or waistband if you have it attached to your gun. You could technically just get a generic item, and if you ever get caught with the weapon you just show the officer(s) proof of you attatching it before committing the crime, or have a admin retrieve the casings.

edit: proof

Reveal hidden contents

ABC%20100_6666.JPG

25198.jpg

137.jpg

e&l3.jpg

I guess if something like that was used there would also have to be a /luck for the amount of casings it catches per shot you make perhaps? You can even see in the video how a few cases don't go in. Or well, I suppose it could vary on the case catchers as some are more efficient than others and so on.

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

I guess if something like that was used there would also have to be a /luck for the amount of casings it catches per shot you make perhaps? You can even see in the video how a few cases don't go in. Or well, I suppose it could vary on the case catchers as some are more efficient than others and so on.

imagine trying to shoot someone with that shit in the way and no one is gonna rp struggling with that on and we will also see bangers use that lol.

This suggestion from my side can be named as “ Removal of shell casings “ because everyone one will by them and you know...

Yeah was thinking more along the lines of picking up the shells fired from rifles and shotguns, tho not sure if scripting something like this would be worth it for the time it would take. Still, it's not the worst thing suggested here.

m_HFJ-MEhcOHSjmF9DD_6ng.jpg

Edited by Wibby
added picture

-1, way too OP and everybody will buy them and the whole thing about shells will disappear

The whole point of having shells execute to the ground was to create roleplay for investigative purposes so that criminals are more likely to be suspects. This wouldn’t cause any advantages whatsoever as everyone would powergame the item and merely if we went to the extent to implementing this then what was the point of @SjoerdPSV scripting the shell casing system in the first place? 

Again just want to point out that I’m not dissing your idea, it just seems unlikely to cause many advantages and again we always encourage people to suggest all kinds of new ideas! So don’t be discouraged just because you’re not getting the expected responses, as we respect all decisions that come our way as the community as a whole are getting involved to help us stride!