Sign in to follow this  
Melly

[General] - Character Appearance

Would you like to see this suggestion being implemented into the server?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this suggestion being implemented into the server?

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?

Character Appearance

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?
General

What is the suggestion?
To have a feature in which a user can choose to hold Alt in order to show character appearance next to characters. The feature can pull the information from the character's look, and display it in a similar way to interior, vehicle and note descriptions. I'll include an edited screenshot below that adds a visual meaning to the suggestion.

Reference:

Spoiler

yOg3JbL.png

What are the advantages?
- Faster way to view character appearances during situations which may require the ability.
- Neater design for viewing character appearances.

What are the disadvantages?

- Potential cluster to screens operating on a lower resolution than server has been optimised for.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?
No, I do not have any resources to support the Scripters in making the suggestion.

How would you go about implementing this idea?
I would gather feedback about the suggestion from the community, and wait to see the final verdict that the Scripters make.

Edited by Melly
Added a poll for votes.

Just now, JohnM said:

The day I see peoples cup size and round ass when I press alt is the day I stick my had in a shredder

The idea is that you have to enable your cursor and hover over the view to actually see the description. But they can always make it a toggleable option your account settings, like the other features.

Just now, Melly said:

The idea is that you have to enable your cursor and hover over the view to actually see the description. But they can always make it a toggleable option your account settings, like the other features.

Easier to type /look

Just now, RayPayne said:

Theres enough stuff on ALT already.

-1 from me.

Just now, Melly said:

But they can always make it a toggleable option your account settings, like the other features.

Doesn't need to be binded to left alt hello?

Though JohnM has a point

Edited by Portside

Just now, JohnM said:

Easier to type /look

Not always. What if you're in a pursuit and someone is running away on foot? You can always hold Alt to see at least basic description for future reference. But you can stick by your opinion, that's fine.

Just now, EDR said:

Man of the hour, big up.

Can you imagine going to a populous area and hitting alt? 🤢🤢🤢 rip fps

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Can you imagine going to a populous area and hitting alt? 🤢🤢🤢 rip fps

It'll be the visual equivalent of aids, that's what.

31 minutes ago, Melly said:

Not always. What if you're in a pursuit and someone is running away on foot? You can always hold Alt to see at least basic description for future reference. But you can stick by your opinion, that's fine.

Just press Ctrl to see the person's ID. They can't go off after 30 minutes of committing a crime either way so I'm sure you'll have enough time to /look them at some point and grab a screen.

Doing /look ID is not really that hard either way so I don't see a point for this. It would only cause a mess and mess up people's FPS. Hell, opening a friends list can cause lag for people, I can't even imagine what this would do lol.

though the idea isn't that bad, it will be resource heavy and will clutter the screen. idk about all of you, but whenever the game needs to load in a picture, it stutters. that can be bad aswell

We already have a system for this type of stuff. I think the current HUD has too much clutter as it is, adding this would be rather annoying. It's a -1 for me, I just think the '/look' system works currently fine.

1 hour ago, Law said:

I think I'm good thanks.

89RvIJr.jpg

whats happened there give us the run down