Wibby

Suggestion - Reduce the amount of vehicles around the PD - City Hall area.

11 minutes ago, Strobe said:

@RayPayne Sorry for the double notification but here is what I meant:
If you enlargen the file and look at the Textures comming in and the delta of total MTA vid memory
ScTIRPr.png

Maybe LSPD, City Hall and San have custom textures outside?

1 minute ago, RayPayne said:

Maybe LSPD, City Hall and San have custom textures outside?

could be :thinking:

1 hour ago, Strobe said:

could be :thinking:

city hall has textures on it, maybe PD has one on a sign

30 minutes ago, Unitts said:

city hall has textures on it, maybe PD has one on a sign

But I am pondering my head what else there is cause three textures alone wont cause this three-second freeze as you know.

Also the way these textures are created is important as well. Last time I checked on the item-system the mode was "argb" and it was rather created from the image itself then from a saved-textures which makes it all need more time to load 

Was used in the item-system initially (correct me if any of these arguments were changed to something with better performance)

dxCreateTexture(path, "argb", true, "clamp", "2d", 1)

Now if you combine the times of argb and loading from a path instead of a saved raw-texture then you can see that it would take quiet some time more. On top of that is the fact that instead of having like a delayed-queue work through the texture with some milliseconds between each texture it just runs through all the of textures creating them which of course causes a heavier impact on the client than having the spread out over time.

DxCreateTexture_mipmaps_false.png

@Unitts

Edited by Strobe

Log in at 6PM server time and then 3AM. The more players that are in game, the more it lags. Been quite a few times where I’d usually freeze with  100 players online, it’d be better with 20-30. Though, instead of freezing I’d just get frame drops while passing by in those areas 

On 4/27/2018 at 2:58 PM, WonderPlukkie said:

It's unknown why this is happening. Entering certain area's do indeed give you a split-second freeze, but it can't be Pershing Square. The PD vehicles are now stored in a custom made garage, which reduces lag around that area. Perhaps the server should be reoptimized. I've seen copycats do it before, creating flawless versions of up-to-date OwlGaming scripts without having any lag. Perhaps something the ScrT can work on.

No copy cat has the up to date Owlgaming scripts as they are pretty secure. Copycats have the leaked version of Owlgaming (2014. or so) that had less impact on performance. (less scripts too :c)