Daniels

Developer Diary #3 - Everything Has Its Place

as Vader said 😈

genuinely excited for this, keep up the great work fellas

Oh my :o This is looking really good. Sort of reminds me of how the Arma games worked haha :D
Can't wait!

I can already see moving items being a problem. "Admin this safe doesn't fit in my backpack or arms or anything please help me get it home?"

1 minute ago, MindScape said:

I can already see moving items being a problem. "Admin this safe doesn't fit in my backpack or arms or anything please help me get it home?"

Put it in the trunk of your car. 

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Put it in the trunk of your car. 

Is there a "Carry" function for items then to let you actually carry it to get it to the car to put it in there?

Also is pockets limited to just one item in them? Or can I fit phone and keys both in one pocket?

3 minutes ago, MindScape said:

Is there a "Carry" function for items then to let you actually carry it to get it to the car to put it in there?

Also is pockets limited to just one item in them? Or can I fit phone and keys both in one pocket?

Your "hands" can hold an item. Which would be like the safe.

I'd have to get back to you about pockets, this is still early but I believe right now it's just one item. Which really isn't much of an issue since there's lots of locations on your body to put items.

Decent stuff, not that I'm surprised. I know how resourceful GTA V can be and it just gives you guys more credit to what you're doing. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Your "hands" can hold an item. Which would be like the safe.

I'd have to get back to you about pockets, this is still early but I believe right now it's just one item. Which really isn't much of an issue since there's lots of locations on your body to put items.

My suggestion is that items should have sizes and each storage, be it a backpack, pocket or trunk should have a space, and items fill that space depending on their size, this way more items will fit in various storages, for example, phone and keys in one pocket but not a crate in a pocket.

Alot of keys in a trunk but not ten big crates in a small trunk.

2 minutes ago, andreiwow2 said:

My suggestion is that items should have sizes and each storage, be it a backpack, pocket or trunk should have a space, and items fill that space depending on their size, this way more items will fit in various storages, for example, phone and keys in one pocket but not a crate in a pocket.

Alot of keys in a trunk but not ten big crates in a small trunk.

If you look in the center of your inventory you see "Space" and "Weight" both are used to determine what you can carry. 100 donuts are relatively light, but you don't have enough "space" to carry 100 donuts on you for example.