Daniels

Developer Diary #3 - Everything Has Its Place

1 hour ago, MindScape said:

Is there a "Carry" function for items then to let you actually carry it to get it to the car to put it in there?

Also is pockets limited to just one item in them? Or can I fit phone and keys both in one pocket?

Carry - yes and it’ll be visible to other players that’s you’re carrying it.

Pockets are actually on-body containers, if you double click on them they’ll open up similar to a backpack (but with less capacity).

We’re also still looking at adding more sockets and containers as we grow this system.

:jeb:nice ONE :donald_trump:

@Daniels - You mentioned in the list that dropping items in the world is as easy as a drag & drop, has the dropping system been tested yet?

7 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

@Daniels your choice of music I imagine, Crystal Castles fan ledge.

That's all on @ThatGuy - my suggestion was:

1 hour ago, George said:

@Daniels - You mentioned in the list that dropping items in the world is as easy as a drag & drop, has the dropping system been tested yet?

Yep - if you have any questions / comments feel free to ask.

@Daniels in regards to dropping, with GTA: San Andreas, we see objects that are sometimes put in with different objects, for example, a full kitchen set. In GTA 5 based off of seeing the objects (if you have) is everything separated or do we see the same thing with some objects being attached to different things?

4 minutes ago, George said:

@Daniels in regards to dropping, with GTA: San Andreas, we see objects that are sometimes put in with different objects, for example, a full kitchen set. In GTA 5 based off of seeing the objects (if you have) is everything separated or do we see the same thing with some objects being attached to different things?

I didn't quite understand the question, can you elaborate?

16 minutes ago, Daniels said:

I didn't quite understand the question, can you elaborate?

My bad, for example, will we be seeing more of these - where the objects are put all together as one.

14384_w.jpg

Or something like this; where each object is separated to play its own role that we can move around to the full ability.

2131_w.jpg

26 minutes ago, George said:

My bad, for example, will we be seeing more of these - where the objects are put all together as one.

14384_w.jpg

Or something like this; where each object is separated to play its own role that we can move around to the full ability.

2131_w.jpg

Both. Check out https://cdn.rage.mp/public/odb/index.html for a list of objects in GTA 5.