Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi there.

How come that nearly everyone in a faction judges based on hours, not on skill sets. How come that's the case? IC Hours doesn't necessarily mean you are fully capable of handling situations that might occur. Knowing what your doing does.

So, why do they judge based on that?

I'm genuinely curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's more likely that players are going to value their character if they invested more hours towards. This time investment shows the user's experience in roleplay. There are of course other factors why character hours are somewhat important but time investment shows your value for your character and you may not want to lose your job in a faction if you have multiple hours put towards your character.

 

I'm sure the community/faction leaders will fill you in on the reasoning and what they look for in new players/employees.

Don't be discouraged though :)

Edited by Law

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could probably think of it as experience doing something. Having a years experience doing something shows an employer you know what you're doing as much as 100 hours IG shows you know your way around an RP server on MTA.

 

I agree though I'd love it if factions took more chances on new members, but I get why they don't as it can harm their reputation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, some new members are actually quite good.

 

Had some encounters with some recently, and I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few rules that state you need to have a minimum amount of hours on your character for it to do something. Perhaps this led the faction to ignore you. Mine however does not operate that way. We prefer RP quality over hours and/or items.

Edited by Nuckfuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Could probably think of it as experience doing something. Having a years experience doing something shows an employer you know what you're doing as much as 100 hours IG shows you know your way around an RP server on MTA.

 

I agree though I'd love it if factions took more chances on new members, but I get why they don't as it can harm their reputation.

Alright, so.. Here's the deal. Lets say I have 1000 hours on 1 character and I want to switch for once. The GUI will show 0 hours, as it's a new character, but how would people know about his other 1000 hours? If they would know, it would be metagaming, yet, factions decide based on a hours on the GUI, over a well made RP where they can show they are professional. Why is that not metagaming? Get what I am saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AmorOmniaVincit said:

Alright, so.. Here's the deal. Lets say I have 1000 hours on 1 character and I want to switch for once. The GUI will show 0 hours, as it's a new character, but how would people know about his other 1000 hours? If they would know, it would be metagaming, yet, factions decide based on a hours on the GUI, over a well made RP where they can show they are professional. Why is that not metagaming? Get what I am saying?

It's not metagaming there, as hours are completely OOC. If anything you could consider it mixing though. Typically it helps filter out throw away characters / characters that will easily get into trouble and harm the faction, etc. Especially for factions that give leader permissions to basically every member because it's required to see money transfers and such (*cough* variable faction permissions assignable plz *cough*). 


I could get behind the tab-GUI showing both Char & Account Hours though, would be kinda cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess one of the reasons is to show that you actually care about the character and that it is not a throw-away character that you are just going to use to fuck around with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AmorOmniaVincit said:

Alright, so.. Here's the deal. Lets say I have 1000 hours on 1 character and I want to switch for once. The GUI will show 0 hours, as it's a new character, but how would people know about his other 1000 hours? If they would know, it would be metagaming, yet, factions decide based on a hours on the GUI, over a well made RP where they can show they are professional. Why is that not metagaming? Get what I am saying?

Mindscape answered the question about MG.

 

As for the tab menu showing hours, a faction would be pretty stupid to ONLY consider those hours and not your account hours. But as others said, nobody wants some throw away character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MindScape said:

It's not metagaming there, as hours are completely OOC. If anything you could consider it mixing though. Typically it helps filter out throw away characters / characters that will easily get into trouble and harm the faction, etc. Especially for factions that give leader permissions to basically every member because it's required to see money transfers and such (*cough* variable faction permissions assignable plz *cough*). 


I could get behind the tab-GUI showing both Char & Account Hours though, would be kinda cool.

Thank you for explaining, it is much more clear to me now! =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.