Jump to content
JohnM

[General] - Make /texlist better

yeah  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. yeah or no

    • yea
      25
    • no (say why)
      0


Recommended Posts

OwlGaming.png

 

Script Suggestion

 



What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Fix /texlist issues


What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
The /texlist command is used to view, rotate or remove the textures in your interior. Most of the time, it is used to remove textures, or multiple textures from the interior. I have a couple suggestions that could be added to /texlist to not make it an absolute pain to remove multiple or all textures.

First of all, when you remove a texture, the texlist GUI closes right after you remove the texture. The box should stay open, so you don't have to continuously type /texlist and remove another texture if you're removing another or multiple others. My second suggestion is the addition of a button that removes all textures from the interior, and gives you back the picture frames like normal. You press the button, and all of the textures are stripped and put into your inventory. This can make things a lot more convenient when you're redoing textures in an interior or selling it.


What are the advantages?-
makes you not pissed

 

What are the disadvantages?-

none


Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
no

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
big man scripters

Edited by JohnM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

 

Also a section to put in a "Custom name" for the object would be great for those moments when you're trying to remove one texture in a house with 30 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And maybe they can add something that when you click on one if he textures in the GUI, it shows you which wallpaper is it. ( like what happens when you inspect element any site on your browser. It shows where is this code line in the page. )

 

also if possible, make us able to multi-select textures in the GUI in case we want to remove just 3 or 4 of them.

 

this is gonna help a lot because the current one is annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see that much need for this personally. It's easy to make the connection which item is the one you want to remove the texture from if you have been using /texlist for a longer time. Anyway most of the interiors around recycle the same objects which have been seen in the other interiors so you basically get to acknowledge which texture is for what object. If someone really wants to bother making something this complex, go for it. I personally don't see need for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would certainly help beginners out a lot.
I myself haven't had this issue for years now. Also, binding /texlist helped out quite a bit, one of my most frequently used binds :P

I wouldn't mind this change, though there should maybe be a confirmation button when you do decide to remove all textures. That would prevent accidents ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 might be uselful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

I don't see that much need for this personally. It's easy to make the connection which item is the one you want to remove the texture from if you have been using /texlist for a longer time. Anyway most of the interiors around recycle the same objects which have been seen in the other interiors so you basically get to acknowledge which texture is for what object. If someone really wants to bother making something this complex, go for it. I personally don't see need for this.

I don’t see how anything you mentioned here correlates to my post. I suggested two things. One being that the GUI no longer closes when you remove a texture, and two a button to remove all textures. It’s far from complex, and convenient.

Edited by JohnM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Probably it closes automatically because it has to receive a call back from the server once you delete it. If the call wouldn't be sent from the server and in case the removal failed, it would create some mess in there. Probably was just set to close to save another call.

And for the second one, also +1 from me, as that button would be a way easier way to do that.

 

I also liked the idea of names, this could be implemented in various ways, for example, renaming the texture in inventory with rclick or just straight in the gui. In my opinion, it would be pretty useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Syncer said:

Yes. Probably it closes automatically because it has to receive a call back from the server once you delete it. If the call wouldn't be sent from the server and in case the removal failed, it would create some mess in there. Probably was just set to close to save another call.

And for the second one, also +1 from me, as that button would be a way easier way to do that.

 

I also liked the idea of names, this could be implemented in various ways, for example, renaming the texture in inventory with rclick or just straight in the gui. In my opinion, it would be pretty useful.

Could be made to work the same as /ads then, where /ads closes automatically - but then a moment later reopens (this way it refreshes the actual list or something).

 

I like the idea also above of adding in a "Select a texture and it 'highlights' what texture it's replacing". I.e. just make that whole texture pink or something to stand out when it's selected or such (That's how my mapping server's shader system works when choosing a texture to replace). 

Names could be useful but doesn't that require saving another column in the table?

Edited by MindScape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2018 at 4:40 AM, MindScape said:

Could be made to work the same as /ads then, where /ads closes automatically - but then a moment later reopens (this way it refreshes the actual list or something).

 

I like the idea also above of adding in a "Select a texture and it 'highlights' what texture it's replacing". I.e. just make that whole texture pink or something to stand out when it's selected or such (That's how my mapping server's shader system works when choosing a texture to replace). 

Names could be useful but doesn't that require saving another column in the table?

They do, up to Chaos if he'll decide to implement it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.