Portside

To Whom it May Concern

Meanwhile it'd be really nice if at least one of your MTA Scripters would finally fix some of the common bugs and somehow reduce the lag(s).

l5YeLJW.gif

Edited by TonyTheX

But what about all those players who are playing gta on a "normal" pc that cant run gta v? Wouldn't that decrease the playerbase drastically? For what I know then most of the players who're currently playing MTA and SAMP are (mostly) players who has normal standart pc's with nothing out of the ordinary specs. This means that they're not able to run GTA V and that would be a huge loss. That's why I believe GTA sa should be running for many years yet, until having a better pc is "normal".

24 minutes ago, StealYoWifi said:

But what about all those players who are playing gta on a "normal" pc that cant run gta v? Wouldn't that decrease the playerbase drastically? For what I know then most of the players who're currently playing MTA and SAMP are (mostly) players who has normal standart pc's with nothing out of the ordinary specs. This means that they're not able to run GTA V and that would be a huge loss. That's why I believe GTA sa should be running for many years yet, until having a better pc is "normal".

Did you not read the first post? The MTA server isn't going anywhere. BOTH will be running. Not one or the other. If you can't play GTA V because of lower specs, thats ok. the MTA server is still alive and well

1 minute ago, greenops011 said:

Did you not read the first post? The MTA server isn't going anywhere. BOTH will be running. Not one or the other. If you can't play GTA V because of lower specs, thats ok. the MTA server is still alive and well

I did read what he wrote, but working on another project open like this will mostly divide the low playerbase that already is. This is not a community with 1000+ members, but a community that stays around 50-100 players. If some of these players went to GTA V, then the playerbase will be even lower, and players will become demotivated. Hence the reason I believe GTA V, should be put on a hold and efforts should be made to make OWL-GAMING the biggest and best roleplay-server on MTA and possibly draw players from SAMP and from elsewhere too. Ones the server has reaches a massive playersbase and creating GTA V wont affect the playerbase in any way, then I would be all for doing it. But as of right now I only see negative about GTA V being worked on.

I'm all for GTA V but I kinda agree with StealyoWifi post. Bring MTA to its best and draw players in from SA-MP, many of my SAMP playing friends don't play just because of the lag and low playerbase.

I'll make one thing clear here. Don't want to offend @Portside but the part about having nothing new if no one belived in it is not really true. People would make new things, things they are sure will get a lot of popularity. And then there's the other part of this which does ask for a bit of a risk and time just to find out if popularity is going to be there.

And if we speak about the players not having the best computer for GTA V. It kinda feels like that once this GTA V roleplay server opens up, MTA is going to be left with the laggy, fps droppy part of the community, which basicly means we'll just have to blame lag even more on our crashes because everyone who runs the game smoothly will be on a different game. The playerbase for this community is really not big enough to have another server, but who am I to judge. 

Do what you want and future will tell us everything else. Good luck!

Edited by Rebirth

16 minutes ago, Daffy15 said:

SAMP playing friends don't play just because of the lag and low playerbase

you know like 400 people play on a single English server right?

2 hours ago, TonyTheX said:

Meanwhile it'd be really nice if at least one of your MTA Scripters would finally fix some of the common bugs and somehow reduce the lag(s).

l5YeLJW.gif

We’ll have on that. Updates coming shortly from all of us I’m sure. 

2 hours ago, StealYoWifi said:

Every game has their own player base. Including GTA V. Meanwhile players can always play back and forward between both platforms. Btw this is 2k18 if no one has a computer that can run GTA SA by now then there’s something badly wrong. Most PCs can run GTA V now if it’s a decent setup due to GTA V’s removal of vehicles and NPCs that would casually roam the map on the multiplayer platform. 

47 minutes ago, Rebirth said:

I'll make one thing clear here. Don't want to offend @Portside but the part about having nothing new if no one belived in it is not really true. People would make new things, things they are sure will get a lot of popularity. And then there's the other part of this which does ask for a bit of a risk and time just to find out if popularity is going to be there.

And if we speak about the players not having the best computer for GTA V. It kinda feels like that once this GTA V roleplay server opens up, MTA is going to be left with the laggy, fps droppy part of the community, which basicly means we'll just have to blame lag even more on our crashes because everyone who runs the game smoothly will be on a different game. The playerbase for this community is really not big enough to have another server, but who am I to judge. 

Do what you want and future will tell us everything else. Good luck!

Both platforms will have their own players and some cross players. As for your statement of mta being left behind there’s no chance of that happening. Hence why our development team is split. 

Edited by Portside

1 hour ago, StealYoWifi said:

I did read what he wrote, but working on another project open like this will mostly divide the low playerbase that already is. This is not a community with 1000+ members, but a community that stays around 50-100 players. If some of these players went to GTA V, then the playerbase will be even lower, and players will become demotivated. Hence the reason I believe GTA V, should be put on a hold and efforts should be made to make OWL-GAMING the biggest and best roleplay-server on MTA and possibly draw players from SAMP and from elsewhere too. Ones the server has reaches a massive playersbase and creating GTA V wont affect the playerbase in any way, then I would be all for doing it. But as of right now I only see negative about GTA V being worked on.

I agree with you to a extent, but your reasoning for putting V on hold is a bit unfair. If the people from the SAMP and MTA communities are using standard PCs with specs lower than what is expected to run GTA V, then there is no point lobbying more players from both communities to then launch GTA V while performance will still be a issue. GTA V is simply a expansion of the community and its totally optional to play there, it's not like it's going to drain the entire MTA player base. V will be a mix of GTA V players looking for serious roleplay, members of the SAMP/MTA community and some misfits here and there. The player base may drop for a couple days, maybe a week max before it smooths out, it'll simply be a integration period. People will try out the V server for a couple days, decided whether or not they wan't to make the full move over there, I personally am gonna try it out and at least get myself prepared to move my faction over in the event V does surpass MTA in the long run.

People will try V out, if they don't like it so be it eh? Maybe people won't like the feel of it, or maybe the setting just doesn't click with them. Don't get me wrong here, I love MTA. MTA is literally the best roleplay platform I've ever been on and I'd hate to see Owl's MTA server die for any reason. I personally wasn't on board with the V-Train till I managed to get a new PC, then I realized I was hating on the expansion for some simple reasons (not that this may or may not be your case, just what I figured out about my own petty reasons). 

Anywho, Portside has some good points. People are afraid of change, some people perceive the V server as a threat because they're afraid of losing what they've achieved on MTA and feel like they will miss out (whether it be performance or financial issues, etc.). @Chaos has no intentions of shutting down the MTA server, it'd be years of development, content and so much more down the drain. The MTA server will continue to run, and the player base will rise as we always have people coming and going. Perhaps you find this answer a bit more comforting?

1 hour ago, ititan said:

you know like 400 people play on a single English server right?

That is still more. HZ RP that I played in 2012 is still running and peaks even higher than before at 250. = more than Owl but there are other RP servers and communities. 

It's 2k18!

Just wait and we'll see guyz.

Edited by AKA

I think V will grow a whole new mini community of it's own fairly quickly, attracting some of the millions of people who own GTA 5, some of them might move onto MTA as well, just as some people from MTA will move to V.

5 hours ago, TonyTheX said:

l5YeLJW.gif

Make sure you read the update posts. We did a massive bug fix update like last week.

That roster is incorrect. The correct one is here. 

https://forums.owlgaming.net/topic/76397-development-team-roster/

I guess my thoughts are this. We're not really going to see that much of a change. Think of it this way. There are many other RP servers out there. Who knows, some may even be better than ours. But aside from the very "occasional" dip in our numbers, and they usually aren't significant, we still manage at peak times each day around 100+ online. Sure we definately during each day dip down to maybe 30 or so, but thats because people have lives outside of video games. I look at this in the exact same way. Just think of it as another RP server on MTA. There may be some barely noticable drops in our player count, but I would bet $50 real life dollars that we'll never dip below what we already have. Any takers?

Like stated, every game has its own playerbase. May this even stream away from roleplay, examples of this are DayZ, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or Call of Duty. If everyone took the same approach and said "no, we're not making a new game because a similar game already exists" then no new content would be created. This is the exact same concept for roleplay. Obviously V will have its own players with the occasion of MTA players dipping across. Roleplay within GTA V is not a new thing, servers on there already exist; so if all MTA roleplayers had the same mindset of some people, Owl's MTA server would have little to no playerbase from the launch of the first GTA V roleplay server which launched a few years ago as far as I'm aware. Owl is expanding, this isn't Owl Roleplay, this is OwlGaming. Which is referring to a network, not just a roleplay server based on one platform. We're a community, which in past years have been limited to MTA's platform. There's absolutely nothing from holding us back from developing and increasing our playerbase by opening up a new concept for GTA V roleplayers to enjoy too. SA:MP has its own people, which occasionally come to MTA; MTA has its own people which occasionally go to SA:MP... this will be the exact same concept with the release of Owl's version of GTA V's roleplay.