Daniels

Developer Diary #1 - Welcome to Paleto Bay!

On 1/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Beatty said:

Hi daniels

Beatty, my guy, whats poppin?

-CourtezBoi (Josh Stafford)

On 1/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, Beatty said:

Hi daniels

10/10 for effort. Hi.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:23 AM, DrJoseEviI said:

So starting jobs and mandatory factions like EMS and PD will be out there?

Yep. If we out-grow the region, we can look at LS - but in the beginning a smaller region is preferred since LS is massive and we don't want it to feel like 3 players are online if there are 100 on.

Looking forward to the next updates, Owlgaming will make me to buy GTA V in the future. Added the game to my wishlist on steam as it still is 60 dollars (OMFG). Great work!

12 hours ago, Eloquent said:

Beatty, my guy, whats poppin?

-CourtezBoi (Josh Stafford)

Well fucking slap me silly and call me a Jewish whore, how the fuck are you

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ititan said:

are you gonna be streaming models

Can you clarify?

It's sad in one way that I started studying this year, since that made me get rid of my PC that could actually run GTA V, so sadly the opportunity to enjoy this is unavailable for me for a couple of years..

On 27/01/2018 at 2:32 AM, Chaos said:

So you mean mods? In usual oG fashion, server side mods won't be enforced unless it's for quality of life improvements.

I think streaming models are good ideas though. GTA V makes the perfect game to use models that don’t replace original models. This has potential for the likes of adding PD vehicles I.e - more realistic Lenco vehicles such as Bearcats or rescues, same concept goes for FD, ES and so on. Along with player models, as a lot of people play as female characters on Owl; GTA V’s female ped models all look like drug addicts lmao. So small minor tweaks like this I believe would make great enhancements. 

• Like 1

So what will the policy be on people who RP outside of Paleto Bay? Like will they be able to travel to spots like Sandy Shores etc? And do you have something in mind for players to own buildings and use interiors (as I assume GTA V doesn't rely on interiors like SA did)

Edited by EverettTheUrban

14 hours ago, Radhwan said:

What's the estimated time for this project to finish? 6 months? A year?

We have internal target dates, but nothing that we're communicating publicly yet. A year sure does sound like a long time though...

3 hours ago, EverettTheUrban said:

So what will the policy be on people who RP outside of Paleto Bay? Like will they be able to travel to spots like Sandy Shores etc? And do you have something in mind for players to own buildings and use interiors (as I assume GTA V doesn't rely on interiors like SA did)

No policy around RPing outside of Paleto, you're free to do as you wish. We have interiors like SA did.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniels said:

We have internal target dates, but nothing that we're communicating publicly yet. A year sure does sound like a long time though...

No policy around RPing outside of Paleto, you're free to do as you wish. We have interiors like SA did.

Will there be a list of available interiors like there is on MTA?

23 hours ago, Portside said:

I think streaming models are good ideas though. GTA V makes the perfect game to use models that don’t replace original models. This has potential for the likes of adding PD vehicles I.e - more realistic Lenco vehicles such as Bearcats or rescues, same concept goes for FD, ES and so on. Along with player models, as a lot of people play as female characters on Owl; GTA V’s female ped models all look like drug addicts lmao. So small minor tweaks like this I believe would make great enhancements. 

my point exactly, the current ambulance/police vehicles aren't to die for tbh, there are better non-ELS ones on LCPDFR/whatever you want

On 1/26/2018 at 1:14 PM, ititan said:

are you gonna be streaming models

On 1/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, Portside said:

49 minutes ago, ititan said:

my point exactly, the current ambulance/police vehicles aren't to die for tbh, there are better non-ELS ones on LCPDFR/whatever you want

Don't see why we need any hardcore visual mods to be quite bluntly positioned in the debate of them here, vanilla is more than enough to satisfy and if anything mods would just ruin the server by making it feel extremely tacky and not like the original game. I want the same response we have on MTA mods to apply for the V server and that is if you want mods, install them for yourself because not everybody gets throbbing hard on for 400 megabytes worth of LCPDFR cars or for a custom model with a curvaceous ass and 38DD breasts to enhance the act of two 17 year old boys sharing careless whispers via text.

What I wrote above wasn't directed at the two I quoted, it's more of an anecdote to insinuate how useless these mods are on V when it comes to claiming they bring any improvement or support to roleplay.

Edited by ResidentPeach
Formatting.

For those of you looking for GTA5 for cheap... GreenManGaming has it for $24 USD with discount code 'PAYDAY' (click here)

4 hours ago, ititan said:

The MP mod which we are currently using now supports custom models (for vehicles, buildings & interior objects). However, the plan currently, is not to install custom server-side vehicle/skin mods. The reasoning behind this is that GTA 5 already has vastly improved, HD visuals and a wide range of built in models. Additionally, we want to minimize the data players are required to download on join, currently this is under 5MB and I'd like to keep it like that.

Edited by Daniels
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

Don't see why we need any hardcore visual mods to be quite bluntly positioned in the debate of them here, vanilla is more than enough to satisfy and if anything mods would just ruin the server by making it feel extremely tacky and not like the original game. I want the same response we have on MTA mods to apply for the V server and that is if you want mods, install them for yourself because not everybody gets throbbing hard on for 400 megabytes worth of LCPDFR cars or for a custom model with a curvaceous ass and 38DD breasts to enhance the act of two 17 year old boys sharing careless whispers via text.

What I wrote above wasn't directed at the two I quoted, it's more of an anecdote to insinuate how useless these mods are on V when it comes to claiming they bring any improvement or support to roleplay.

Sure Owl uses server side vehicle mods. No one said they had to be hardcore lmao. They have a tow truck mod, flatbed mod, their bearcat (swat vehicles) aren’t vanilla. But yes I do agree, I’d rather have vanilla gameplay but small mods like the ones previously mentioned are more for functionality than presentation which is what I was proposing. So if I didn’t clarify, but I didn’t mean just vehicles either. I was talking about peds, items etc 

Edited by Portside
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniels said:

For those of you looking for GTA5 for cheap... GreenManGaming has it for $24 USD with discount code 'PAYDAY' (click here)

The MP mod which we are currently using now supports custom models (for vehicles, buildings & interior objects). However, the plan currently, is not to install custom server-side vehicle/skin mods. The reasoning behind this is that GTA 5 already has vastly improved, HD visuals and a wide range of built in models. Additionally, we want to minimize the data players are required to download on join, currently this is under 5MB and I'd like to keep it like that.

yea but can the current emergency vehicles be skinned even? if they can then im not gonna pressure it (not like i'd get anywhere by bitching)