Eloquent

What is the one thing missing from our codebase?

14 hours ago, Eloquent said:

Interested in hearing some ideas for creating role play between players. Thinking of maybe a phone app that is a game or something that prompts players to converge on locations. Really anything that allows players to find each other in a role play way to create new rp scenarios. 

That won't instigate player to player interaction, but more of an MMO running around and doing quests, bit like RS Haul.

And I believe there's other things to fix before improving anything.

Edited by Resident

On 07/01/2018 at 9:39 PM, Piney said:

The bone attachment editing, or whatever it it you do when you /togattach your weapons, for items like gas masks, helmets, backpacks etc.
The reason it is needed, is because more other than not, these items can be seen clipping through the player models, etc. It could often be fixed by manually editing it, like we do with weapons.

Maybe 1 or two more wearable items, that could be moved around, like weapons in /togattach.
Maybe something like glasses, with invisible or transparent lens parts, which can be their covered up or left empty by the player in their inventory, similar to helmets, to resemble either sunglasses or regular glasses. I would also recommend texturable hat items, but we only have a limited amount of items we can use and I think glasses are a bigger necessity than hats and it would be easier to make a somewhat universal model for it. 
If there is no item left, then we should probably replace the Christmas Hats with them. The christmas hats are cool and all, but they're only usable during christmas for most of the playerbase and the rest of the year, it's only really used for trolling or showing off and has no real need to exist besides that. Something like glasses would be a lot better, for both male and female skins and it would save us from the trouble of doing a /me, /status, because the other party would see what we look like.
Overall, it ads some nice customizability.

Then editable textures for all of these wearable items, (maybe including phones). I can imagine it being a rather difficult task, but we're able to do it for helmets already. Why not backpacks for example? A lot of cool brands, camouflages and what not to go along with it. And texturing phones means that each player can actually make their phone resemble the actual model they have renamed it to.

Maybe a scaling option for wearable items as well.
Now this is a rather tricky one. But I do imagine that scaling is possible, due to a glitch a certain skin on owl seems to do, when you wear helmets on it. It enlarges them. So I assume, that changing the size of the items manually, should be a possibility. Though I do imagine it's quite the task for scripters.
Of course, there should be boundaries for the size, so it's not too small, nor too big. If that wasn't in place, we'd have people trolling with Christmas hats the size of Star Tower.

There are some of the ideas I've been having.

Already on that ;)

On 1/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, Resident said:

That won't instigate player to player interaction, but more of an MMO running around and doing quests, bit like RS Haul.

And I believe there's other things to fix before improving anything.

The plan is for you to not really actually get anything out of doing the game, but entirely focus on just pushing players to one spot that isn't pizza stack. I'm open to hearing other ideas, but I really want to come up with a solid plan for making it possible to find other players to role play with in a larger map setting.

As an aside, we are certainly working on other things as well, this is just more of a role play problem that I'd like to solve for people who want to find others to role play with. As an example, I'm currently focused on automating tasks that would otherwise take administrators more time so that administrators can focus their time on player reports, and things requiring immediate staff assistance.

Can we get rid of the huge lag zone at PD? 

Also, A mining job would be cool in gta5, selling minerals you mined for cash. 

1 hour ago, RayPayne said:

Can we get rid of the huge lag zone at PD? 

Also, A mining job would be cool in gta5, selling minerals you mined for cash. 

How might this support interaction between players?

1 hour ago, Eloquent said:

How might this support interaction between players?

I was just listing a possible job and a easy way to improve mta

1 hour ago, RayPayne said:

I was just listing a possible job and a easy way to improve mta

My point is I don't really see it as much of an improvement. My main gripe with the current scripted jobs is that the ones that give you the most benefit are the ones that cause the least amount of interaction between players. We certainly want things that are fun for players to do, but we want them to promote interaction in the server, so that our newer players who find themselves doing these jobs have a chance to get involved in some actual role play.

50 minutes ago, Eloquent said:

My point is I don't really see it as much of an improvement. My main gripe with the current scripted jobs is that the ones that give you the most benefit are the ones that cause the least amount of interaction between players. We certainly want things that are fun for players to do, but we want them to promote interaction in the server, so that our newer players who find themselves doing these jobs have a chance to get involved in some actual role play.

No I was saying fixing the lag at pd would improve the server. Maybe you could make some sort of supply and demand type of job. For instantance, a player works in a factory, loading trucks up and making product. Another person works for the company that creates the items that person above needs to work. So once the second person stops working, the first doesn’t have a job to do. Something on those lines at least

Hey,

You could improve the inventory system by adding sub-files. Here's a few pictures to improve what i'm trying to say.

As you can see in the following image, half of my entire screen is covered by my inventory when i open my Backpack file. (which reasonably contains backpack

material and is not abused)

Spoiler

dshF0Jn.jpg

To understand what i'm trying to say, here is an image that indicates what are "files".

Spoiler

BsFDmR5.jpg

Now, i want it to make it possible to create sub-files and drag the objects into them. To create a sub-file you could right-click on the file you'd like to create

a sub-file in. A list of actions you could do would open up such as "create a sub-file".

Spoiler

jIqYhdb.jpg

If you would click add sub-file, you would have a panel which would open up with details of 1. The name of your subfile 2. idk the background color of the sub-file?

At some point, once you click on "Create sub-file" it would create a sub-file which you can drag items into that.

Spoiler

IQUnyOh.jpg

This will largely reduce my inventory taking my entire screen for a backpack that contains little objects. I'd like to add another suggestion with this,

the "dutybelt system". Once you /duty it would create a file with the dutybelt image and this will contain all of the duty objects instead of placing them in
the "backpack" file, which as a LEO officer, you dont carry your radio,flashlight, body armour etc in a backpack, it's near the dutybelt.

Genocide

(If required, here is the images on imgur for reference. https://imgur.com/a/mvBRe )

Edited by Genocide

9 hours ago, Genocide said:

Hey,

You could improve the inventory system by adding sub-files. Here's a few pictures to improve what i'm trying to say.

As you can see in the following image, half of my entire screen is covered by my inventory when i open my Backpack file. (which reasonably contains backpack

material and is not abused)

Reveal hidden contents

dshF0Jn.jpg

To understand what i'm trying to say, here is an image that indicates what are "files".

Reveal hidden contents

BsFDmR5.jpg

Now, i want it to make it possible to create sub-files and drag the objects into them. To create a sub-file you could right-click on the file you'd like to create

a sub-file in. A list of actions you could do would open up such as "create a sub-file".

Reveal hidden contents

jIqYhdb.jpg

If you would click add sub-file, you would have a panel which would open up with details of 1. The name of your subfile 2. idk the background color of the sub-file?

At some point, once you click on "Create sub-file" it would create a sub-file which you can drag items into that.

Reveal hidden contents

IQUnyOh.jpg

This will largely reduce my inventory taking my entire screen for a backpack that contains little objects. I'd like to add another suggestion with this,

the "dutybelt system". Once you /duty it would create a file with the dutybelt image and this will contain all of the duty objects instead of placing them in
the "backpack" file, which as a LEO officer, you dont carry your radio,flashlight, body armour etc in a backpack, it's near the dutybelt.

Genocide

(If required, here is the images on imgur for reference. https://imgur.com/a/mvBRe )

This is definitely something we have talked about a lot over the years, I'm just not sure there's a very simple way to make this happen without rewriting huge amounts of the inventory system. The basic idea of what would happen if we could do it though would be nestable items. So items can be enabled to be nestable, eg a backpack can have a wallet inside which can have a wallet inside can have cards inside. 

I would love to see different types of transmissions in cars, rather than this system we have now. We could have a system where for example for automatic cars you hit shift and control to shift between PRND, and for manual cars you could maybe set up with the numbers.

The only problem I see with this is that not everyone has keypads on their keyboards, and some people use different binds on different keys. Unless of course you just dedicate two keys for shifting, so even in manual cars you hit shift to shift up and ctrl to shift down, for example.

Would make for some amazing RP, and it would be a good way to spice up the car culture we have here.

Making keys fall in under each other if they’re for the same int. like if you got two or more keys for the same interior then having them fall under each other like radios, phones, skins with the same ID, and lots of other stuff do. Would be handy as it wouldn’t take up the half or more of the screen if you got a lot of keys, remotes, and such.  Both for V and MTA would be amazing. 

Cannabis grow, maintain and harvest script. Scripted required items and such.

Edited by Matey