Incredible

Upper Administration

30 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

As you can imagine it's incredibly difficult to deal with an issue or solve a potential problem when people give us vague answers in response to their complaints. We have a whole line of communication open called "UAT Contacts" specifically for issues of this nature. Very seldom do we get actually constructive contacts. Many people would rather stir up drama on the forums by making vague accusations with 0 proof or hide their dishonesty under the phrase of "I think".

For as long as any power structure exists, there will always be a contingent of people who fight against it. It wouldn't matter if there was an approval rating of 25% or 90%. All we ask is that for those who are do want to profess their disagreements to please do it in a way where we can actually sort through the potential issue. Vague ranting with platitudes we have all heard for half a dozen years now on every MTA server imaginable doesn't help, at all.

Regarding the Faction Team, for anyone reading this post, we have acknowledged the shortcomings of the team and are actively working to make improvements. I do know for a fact they are making a marked improvement in their contact response time and there is more discussion in the existing contacts. Bartman is also starting to host more regular meetings among the Faction Team to get through and discuss any contacts quicker, rather than waiting on forum replies. I attended such a meeting just a few days ago on the 31st.

Other than contact responses, we do know that there has been a lack of transparency in criteria for what perks various factions get. This was originally done to let factions organically grow and they would be rewarded if they did well or exceptionally well; directly correlated to established and official, of course. This has already been mentioned in private discussions the Faction Team has had with community members to gauge their response and input and as a result, they are currently working on publishing a new set of Faction Team rules and guidelines. @bartman and @LokiHavok can give more specific input on this.

Finally, private messaging any staff member and not utilizing the official channels to contact them regarding their staff duties and then getting upset when there is no response to you is setting yourself up to be disappointed. @bartman just had a lengthy discussion with Shir's members on Discord about this. He can elaborate more if he'd like.

Since this thread is about the UAT, I will make it a point to note though that we hold ourselves to a higher standard, we're always available on Discord and other less official methods of communication. There's not a person that messages me privately that I intentionally ignore or do not respond to and assist. I  can very reasonably say the same for all other UAT members. So to say as a blanket statement that we do not care, especially because of something as silly as having GTA V avatars, is just not true.

We have poured thousands of hours of our lives into Owl and to say we don't care is not only a misguided statement but it's also rather disheartening to hear.

Thanks for the well established answer, main purpose of my post was to clarify the miscommunication between players and admins. As I've been a part of administration team and currently a regular player, I can see the issue from both perspectives, and I merely wanted to express how admins feel, to players and how players feel, to admins.

I fully agree with you on the wrong way of expression of players on forums, about creating drama. I believe the main problem here is the miscommunication between admins and players, and I'm looking forward to see people using proper way as you have mentioned, instead of creating drama the correct way would be doing it through given channels such as "UAT Contacts", with correct constructive criticism, many things that are perceived to be problems would be solved easily.

@Chaos @Wright

The only reason I made this thread to help you guys to get an Idea of what's going on and due everyone who replied on this thread I hope you've got an Idea right now about what's going on right now exactly and how everyone is facing there problems with the FT, UAT / Admins etc.

I'm glad that a lot of people were interested in this thread and that you guys were good sport about this subject and taking time to reply to each other.

I hope that you guys come up with solutions for the problems which are occurring.

And make sure that whenever someone post a thread with the same subject and places a poll that the majority will vote YES.

1 hour ago, Guntars said:

so why non-admins are not allowed on the faction team?

FT frequently needs admin commands as part of their duties so it made sense to merge them.

Very interesting post, with a more exciting discussion.

As you lads say FT needs improvement, I agree. Although UAT is behind the calls and final decisions.

I hope we find a solution to all this mess together.

@Chaos I'm glad to see you taking action on it.

@Wright The quest character sounds quite interesting, but can you expand?

I mean what goal does this character have? What assignments will you accomplish with it? 

I'll be honest, I don't mind what punishments come with this post but the UA (specifically Wright and Thatguy) couldn't give a single shet about player satisfaction whatsoever. They play to the interest of themselves and their friends. Chaos please open your eyes and bring back your dying server :L @Wright @Chaos @ThatGuy

4 hours ago, LeiFeng said:

The gun NPC got denied for a reason I can not understand, bartman accused Shir of abusing

This is a complete lie. I never denied your gun NPC for any reason - let alone abusing - I stated it was being looked into because of accusations of your faction metagaming.

Find where I said you were abusing.

I will happily have a conversation with anyone curious about anything FT is up to but when you take that conversation - no, conversations I've had with you and twist them into lies on a public thread it is rather demotivated.

1 minute ago, Neems said:

I'll be honest, I don't mind what punishments come with this post but the UA (specifically Wright and Thatguy) couldn't give a single shet about player satisfaction whatsoever. They play to the interest of themselves and their friends. Chaos please open your eyes and bring back your dying server :L @Wright @Chaos @ThatGuy

Wow you must have some serious proof for those allegations. Please PM them to me

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Would more transparent denial reasons be more helpful? I could also see them angering some people and causing more disputes too. Open to suggestions.

About contact delays from FT. It's a tougher cookie to crack. People seem to rely on FT for a lot of things and although they are usually doing them at a decent pace, there is just too much reliance on them..

Maybe have the reasoning available on request. Like when you deny someone, mention someone they can contact if they have any questions or concerns about the reasoning

Just now, greenops011 said:

Maybe have the reasoning available on request. Like when you deny someone, mention someone they can contact if they have any questions or concerns about the reasoning

You can already do that! Just ask the person that responded for a reason :)

From my point of view, I see @Wright & @ThatGuy on a daily basis not only dealing with administration stuff, but also finding time to come and roleplay within the Police Department. As for other UAT member, Swanker, OhhPixels, Shanks. They all seem to respond to any issues I put forth to them, even though I might disagree with them at times, they are always willing to give me an answer and resolve my issues. So generalizing and saying UAT and Upper Administration doesn't do anything is a bit harsh if you ask me. I think you ought to know them more before you make a statement like that based on a couple of hours and also Chaos might not hop in-game as often, but he always responds to me on Discord, Fourms etc, when I want to talk to him.

Edited by Restrepo

As an admin. I personally think that currently UAT is actually doing what it can for the server, that is pretty much inaccurate. I don't know why but always everyone has to be contacting the highest part of the foodchain. The UAT has much bigger tasks then the normal admins, it should not be expected of them to actually perform what admins do, although, they do their fair share of it. Like I said, they've got bigger problems to handle. There are a lot of problems kinda everyday, not every problem is disclosed the community. So I don't know why the Upper Administration is being blamed here, what I can say, as a individual is, that yes, admins have been slow. I personally have at time be lacking. I agree with a lot of people here, though. About the Faction Team. It's not something new, I think it's rather time when Owl makes up a strong Faction team.

Forgive me some for not reading every reply in this thread, but I mainly want to address the OP @Incredible. I am not sure I understand where you are coming from with the UAT not caring about their player base, or focusing on V. The OwlGaming community is the sum of it's players, whether they're on a V server or MTA server. To say that the administration team doesn't care whether people come or go is obviously just not true. The amount of time going into maintaining the MTA server AND creating a brand new game mode on Grand Theft Auto V is more than most people would possibly be willing to put into a hobby.

Additionally, this thread doesn't seem to point to really specific instances where the UAT doesn't care. Nor provide any solutions.

After 8 years on the MTA scene, I've seen these trends happen every year. Over the holidays, a lot of people go away, so the player base reduces. One or two people maybe have some free time on their hands over the holiday, decide that they can run their own server, so they get an old version of the code base, rebrand it with their shit logo and call themselves new and improved while revolutionizing literally nothing. Someone posts a thread that Owl is dying, and the management needs to make a fix now or disappear into oblivion! As the holidays die down, players will return to Owl, these new server overlords will get bored and eventually fuck off, and Owl will still be here, continuing to work to innovate role play.

@Eloquent how come that the majority is voting NO on the poll?

If that's the case why aren't they voting  YES to say that the UAT does care about the server?

Because that means there's something wrong.

The poll might mean nothing though, but it definitely shows where the problem is.

By the way, these statements shouldn't be taken as facts, It's only an opinion.

The only reason I made this thread is because a lot of people aren't happy with the UAT/FT and I thought let me make a thread about it lets see what people have to say.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14757261/r

3 minutes ago, Incredible said:

If that's the case why aren't they voting  YES to say that the UAT does care about the server?

The poll might mean nothing though, but it definitely shows where the problem is.

The only reason I made this thread is because a lot of people aren't happy with the UAT/FT and I thought let me make a thread about it lets see what people have to say.

Voting yes or no on a poll isn't really gonna help us much though. People can just vote what they feel with no real reason to back it up. Which a lot of people tend to do. Because it's easy and really provides nothing other than making a little drama. This is why a poll is not a good way to pinpoint specific issues. If there's issues that need to be fixed then they should be pointed out so we can look into them. I've read through the thread, the FT issues mentiones has obviously got attention as well as us in UA will look into making things better where they're not. But we need to know what and where this is.

We all care about this server and community, else we wouldn't be here, nor spend time helping out and making sure it's running. If you or anyone else for that matter feels and holds an opinion that this is not the case, it must have background in something we have done or not done, no? So if you want to discuss that with me through messages, or here - doesn't really matter to me where. I've been away for christmas so I've not been much around on forums or in game. But I am usually on daily in game as well as sorting out both tickets and other work that goes on behind the scenes. We do put in work to try and make this a good community for those wanting to play here.

12 hours ago, Incredible said:

You're missing the point. Whether or not people vote yes or no on a poll is irrelevant. The notion that the management of this server doesn't care is absurd. The sheer amount of time sunk into running this server proves the opposite.

There very well may be something wrong if so many people feel disillusioned by the management of the server, but this thread does absolutely nothing to solve that problem. It does not address any specific actionable items that one could reasonably take away and improve upon. 

I think that the server just needs more quality admin support. I known that "more" & "quality" don't always add up, but in the end we do need both.

As far as UAT goes, as a team they do just fine. 

Personally I think the community needs to be able to generate it's own excitment and reasons to keep the server doing well. Shouldn't have to rely on UAT creating new contnent to keep folks engaged. 

Oof a lot of hate in here, heres my two cents and none of it is aimed specifically at anyone - hey maybe I shouldn't have a say due to just recently becoming unbanned but anyway.

FMT - It would be awesome to get an acknowledgement of the contact being received. Last time I made a contact regarding my old faction Verdant, I got a reply about 2 months later (and I had even forgotten what I asked for!). FMT Play a huge role, and yeah it can be hectic asf which I understand - especially on a server that has so many players and ideas flowing.

Khram - Never really ran into them, aside from one incident but meh let them get on with it.

UAT - Again never really ran into them, I've had @OhhPixelz helping me on a few reports.  Maybe people want more communication between UAT and players? Who knows. I just think communication is key.

Admin team themselves - Majority of admins are good friends, however, I had a friend who was an admin and he didn't even get any notice (In fact he wasn't on for over a month and it only just got noticed, that sucks a bit.) I think admin team need more recognition just to help them stay motivated (thats my two cents anyway on that).

More server events would be good, it gets more people active (as shown from the flood one), and I honestly think communication is going to be the key player. I don't think some people appreciate the work that goes into a server because most of us don't see the back end.

By communicating stuff thats happening both with MTA and GTA V I reckon it'll keep players focused.