[OOC within Auctions] - Discuss

OwlGaming.png

Rule Discussion

Subject:

OOC within Auctions

I want to...:

Discuss

Elaboration:

So, I've began to notice an influx in the amount of people derailing auctions with their Out Of Character comments; even when the user's auction clearly reads "No OOC comments allowed" somewhere on the auction.

As this problem is getting bigger and bigger I've decided to make a suggestion that'll definitely reduce the amount of people derailing auctions.

My suggestion, we need a rule book and set of punishments to be dished out upon those who decide to derail auctions.

These punishments could be structured the following way:
1st Time Offense - 1 Infraction Point and a warning reading "Stop derailing auctions, stricter consequences will come"

2nd Offense - 2 Infraction Points, along with a 6 Hour forum ban; same warning message as the first offense.

3rd Offense - 3 Infraction Points, 12 Hour forum ban; warning message of "Final warning, next time you'll be banned for an extended period of time"

4th Offense - 5 Infraction Points, 48 to 72 Hour forum ban; message of "You've been warned, don't do it again"

If they're dumb enough to do it again... they'll get the following...
5th Offense - 8 Infraction Points, permanent forum ban; message reading "You've been banned from the forums, please appeal it on the UCP"

Meh I think how the Forum Administration Team Handles the reports are completely fine and nothing needs to be changed so either way I'm still cool with this but not really neccasary let's see for further comments :)

OOC shouldn't be on auctions unless it is to help the people, whether it be to tell them something isn't working or if there image is wrong etc etc. It's the same as it is ingame. If someone is talking shit in OOC ingame they get reported and an admin deals with it. If someone talks shit in OOC on the auction page, you report them and wait for a forum admin to come home from school/work and delete the posts. Making useless suggestions about things already in place won't do anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peaky said:

OOC shouldn't be on auctions unless it is to help the people, whether it be to tell them something isn't working or if there image is wrong etc etc. It's the same as it is ingame. If someone is talking shit in OOC ingame they get reported and an admin deals with it. If someone talks shit in OOC on the auction page, you report them and wait for a forum admin to come home from school/work and delete the posts. Making useless suggestions about things already in place won't do anything.

The admin team is just too slow when it comes to handling forum reports.

I've reported multiple users who derail auctions, nothing gets said to them; it's getting to the point where I don't even feel like dealing with the auction house on the forums.

2 hours ago, Dylanjeter1 said:

The admin team is just too slow when it comes to handling forum reports.

I've reported multiple users who derail auctions, nothing gets said to them; it's getting to the point where I don't even feel like dealing with the auction house on the forums.

Not every admin is a forum admin, admins have to apply to become one. If someone derails a topic they get punished, why the haste to hide the comments? Are you trying to hide something? I agree OOC comments are ugly but it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Peaky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peaky said:

why the haste to hide the comments? Are you trying to hide something?

I don't try to hide anything when i make an auction, just pisses me off when a little keyboard warrior kid thinks they know everything.

The kid that kept commenting on my current auction already completely ruined my chances of getting what the item is worth anyway... dude thought his word was more valuable than the word of two VT Leaders, when in reality his word is useless.

If you're not hiding anything then surely the price won't change? If it is really what you say it is and some wannabe know it all comments on it then nothing should change. Anywho we're derailing a topic by talking about derailing a topic on a topic that's about derailing topics.

Just because you don't see a public announcement condemning the player for breaking a forum rule does not mean can they did not get punished. More often than not the player receives an infraction and a PM from a Forum Administrator rather than posting on the thread in question as that is its own form of derailing.

Just report and wait, I wouldn't recommend PMing Forum Administrators because that is synonymous to PMing an ingame Administrator.

@yannickboy15 is the supervisor of the Forum Administration team I believe so shoot him a PM if you think the team is lacking and he'll take care of it.

Edited by Tailor
  • Like 1