Jump to content
Wizzy

[Vehicles] - Switching between 4WD and RWD on specific vehicles that supports this RL.

Recommended Posts

OwlGaming.png

 

Script Suggestion

 



What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Switching between 4WD and RWD on specific vehicles that supports this RL.


What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Vehicles

What is the suggestion?-
I would like to suggest a scrip that gives ability to switch vehicle from 4 Wheel Drive to Rear Wheel Drive for vehicles that support this in real life. Basicly the script gives VCT ablity to add this function like a "switch" to specific car that supports this. I accidently digged this up since i dont know that much about all the vehicles. Found it while i was watching a video on youtube of the vehicle i am importing right now. I went in game and asked some peopole about this, turned out that multiple vehicles has this function and it is scriptable also, sadly i dont have the script mysel.


What are the advantages?-
This would all more functions to vehicles and probably improve RP a little bit. RWD is basicly for usual drive in low gears but the AWD gets turned on when you get stuck or for offroad.

 

What are the disadvantages?-

I dont see any disadvantages.


Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Sadly no.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
N/A

Edited by Wizzy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Clippy95 said:

you mean 4WD??

Yes, AWD (All Wheel Drive) and 4WD (4 Wheel Drive) are both the same thing. 

Edited by Wizzy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wizzy said:

Yes, AWD and 4WD are both the same thing. 

as im aware, AWD is permemant and 4WD is switchable,

not sure if it's possible to add a "SWITCH" for 4WD.. even if it's possible that means all 4WD cars should have 2 separate handlings one for 4WD on and 4WD off 

but +1 if it's possible (:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OXIGENT said:

AWD = All wheel Drive.

4WD = 4 Wheel Drive. 

You cant just say they're the same because they both refer to the all four wheels moving at once, they work way differently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DxRK said:

No, they're different.

They are pretty much the same, AWD is meant for "cars" and 4WD more for "trucks". But anyways if i haave mistaken i am sorry. Hope you get the main idea.

 

Quote

as im aware, AWD is permemant and 4WD is switchable,

not sure if it's possible to add a "SWITCH" for 4WD.. even if it's possible that means all 4WD cars should have 2 separate handlings one for 4WD on and 4WD off 

but +1 if it's possible (:

I talked to one scripter and he told that it shouldnt be a problem to script it, othervise i wouldnt write this suggestion.

Edited by Wizzy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wizzy said:

They are pretty much the same, 4WD is meant for "cars" and AWD more for "trucks". But anyways if i haave mistaken i am sorry. Hope you get the main idea.

I get the idea but its that fact that you're saying its the same, they both work way differently. All wheel drive cars have two differentials, one in the front and one in the back where the power is split between them which makes all the wheels move at once, 4WD has a transfer case which splits power between the front axles and rear axles 50/50, most of the time when its switched to 2WD its not fully RWD, just more power is sent to the rear like 30/70.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DxRK said:

I get the idea but its that fact that you're saying its the same, they both work way differently. All wheel drive cars have two differentials, one in the front and one in the back where the power is split between them which makes all the wheels move at once, 4WD has a transfer case which splits power between the front axles and rear axles 50/50, most of the time when its switched to 2WD its not fully RWD, just more power is sent to the rear like 30/70.

Allright, thanks for the information. Edited the topic so it is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Squirdo said:

Not really needed, just report it to VCT to have it changed.

Allright, every time you want to change it you report and wait for VCT to come ? Isnt it really wasting VCT time ? The thing i was suggesting is to add VCT a command which allows them to set this function to specific vehicle for example on numbers, 1 = 4WD and 2 = RWD. Like a switch in real life. Thats the idea i meant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

Allright, every time you want to change it you report and wait for VCT to come ? Isnt it really wasting VCT time ? The thing i was suggesting is to add VCT a command which allows them to set this function to specific vehicle for example on numbers, 1 = 4WD and 2 = RWD. Like a switch in real life. Thats the idea i meant.

Again, It's my opinion and I'm saying it's not needed for the fact there's not many vehicles having this feature, report it to VCT as it's their job after all, don't see really any issues with that honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think you understand how tedious it is to constantly change handling variants in the editor, it's too whimsical and pointless to make into a set in stone ruling but I'm sure if you politely ask via a report each few days for it to be switched then fine just don't take the piss by reporting for it every 5 minutes.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think before adding this, a manual transmission script should be made. That seems a little more important and needed than a script that will probably not change much, judging by the physics of GTASA. Then again, I don’t know too much about the comparison betweenness awd and 4wd.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most 4x4 or 4WD Vehicles have what we call a transfer case, per usual you have 4L - 4wheel drive low, 4H- 4wheel drive High, 2H - 2 wheel drive high gear winch is the usual for cruising around. if you notice in older jeeps or SUV'S you will see a extra shifter  next to the regular gear selector, newer vehicles have a switch or a sort of dial , everything now a days is controlled electronically.  People tend to keep the car in 2H to drive around and sometimes they even offroad like that if its a dirt path, 4H is used for rougher terrains and 4L is used  when you get stuck or need that little extra to get over something. A basic Switch toggable by VT  that enables a car to switch between 4WD to RWD would be nice indeed. IF possible.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, RCFIZPRO said:

Most 4x4 or 4WD Vehicles have what we call a transfer case, per usual you have 4L - 4wheel drive low, 4H- 4wheel drive High, 2H - 2 wheel drive high gear winch is the usual for cruising around. if you notice in older jeeps or SUV'S you will see a extra shifter  next to the regular gear selector, newer vehicles have a switch or a sort of dial , everything now a days is controlled electronically.  People tend to keep the car in 2H to drive around and sometimes they even offroad like that if its a dirt path, 4H is used for rougher terrains and 4L is used  when you get stuck or need that little extra to get over something. A basic Switch toggable by VT  that enables a car to switch between 4WD to RWD would be nice indeed. IF possible.

The only thing is that you have to take GTA SA physics into consideration. You can get over any terrain you want in a Bugatti on owl with sa physics, so having a switch for different modes in a SUV is pretty much useless, and can just be passive RP'd. Shit like this is important in Spintires, where the focus is on the terrain and not other shit.

Edited by JohnM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RCFIZPRO said:

A basic Switch toggable by VT  that enables a car to switch between 4WD to RWD would be nice indeed. IF possible.

It's not possible, and it isn't going to be thought about either because you can already switch drive-trains in the handling editor. This suggestion is another unnecessary script addition for vehicles which a lot of people on this community want less of plus it's a waste of time asking for anything handling related when there isn't necessarily a problem to begin with and it's more of an aesthetic feature if it ever came to light somehow.

 

Without trying to be a narcissistic mong head, my suggestion is the most realistic methodology to get your vehicle temporarily changed because it doesn't involve any scripting. All it really needs however is a little respect for the team, by not demanding for your vehicle to be changed all of the time.

4 hours ago, ResidentPeach said:

Don't think you understand how tedious it is to constantly change handling variants in the editor, it's too whimsical and pointless to make into a set in stone ruling but I'm sure if you politely ask via a report each few days for it to be switched then fine just don't take the piss by reporting for it every 5 minutes.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2017 at 3:20 PM, ResidentPeach said:

It's not possible, and it isn't going to be thought about either because you can already switch drive-trains in the handling editor. This suggestion is another unnecessary script addition for vehicles which a lot of people on this community want less of plus it's a waste of time asking for anything handling related when there isn't necessarily a problem to begin with and it's more of an aesthetic feature if it ever came to light somehow.

 

Without trying to be a narcissistic mong head, my suggestion is the most realistic methodology to get your vehicle temporarily changed because it doesn't involve any scripting. All it really needs however is a little respect for the team, by not demanding for your vehicle to be changed all of the time.

 

It is possible though. It could just be a new toggle on vehicles that allows switching between AWD / 4WD / FWD / RWD and it just auto-updates the handling editor. It's really not that complicated - it might need the car to be reloaded though when the command is done, but other than that, it is easily possible.

 

Whether it's actually needed is more for argument, not possibility, and IMO it's something that would be nice I guess but not really needed - but they do have good arguments on making reports every time to change it is annoying because waiting on VCT for something like this is meh.

 

In addition to this, the system could be expanded (although it would work differently) to include the ability to switch your car into sport modes and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.