Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krighton

Removing car tokens, and adding rentable cars

What about removing car tokens? I know this will piss of many people, but instead of car tokens, why not renting cars? Every payslip, your car rent gets payed. This will also make taxis great again.
Expensive car - expensive rent.
Also you are not allowed to respray or add anything to the cars.
~megaminecrafter6000

Just consider a token car a leased vehicle, which would make sense. You can’t /sell it because it’s not “yours” and you still get taxed during paydays , which is essentially your payments.

if so rename vehicle tokens to “Vehicle Lease Papers”

38 minutes ago, DrJoseEvil said:

Just consider a token car a leased vehicle, which would make sense. You can’t /sell it because it’s not “yours” and you still get taxed during paydays , which is essentially your payments.

if so rename vehicle tokens to “Vehicle Lease Papers”

That's a good point, if you think about it, the current system is no more than a simple long-term lease. Had it been named that, no one would notice the difference between your suggestion @megaminecrafter6000 and the system that is currently in place. If a rental system was to come into effect, I doubt people would be able to modify them simply because they aren't their cars to modify.

No, thank you. Then the players lose motivation to get something. Also from good way , it creates a RP for bus drivers and taxi drivers. I'm Neutral.

What if there was a time limit on token vehicles and propertys? Like after a month passes, the vehicle or property gets sold back to gov. Warnings would come up like inactivity protection and by a months time. A player would have enough to buy own property/car. Could even give them the option to buy the property for real like a week before the gov takes it. Just how car loans work irl. You don’t pay the loan, the bank repos the car. You get warnings irl like “you got a week to pay or we are repoing the car”. 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, RayPayne said:

What if there was a time limit on token vehicles and propertys? Like after a month passes, the vehicle or property gets sold back to gov. Warnings would come up like inactivity protection and by a months time. A player would have enough to buy own property/car. Could even give them the option to buy the property for real like a week before the gov takes it. Just how car loans work irl. You don’t pay the loan, the bank repos the car. You get warnings irl like “you got a week to pay or we are repoing the car”. 

This please. This means you can start with a car, but you still have to earn money and be active in that first month to earn it back.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:19 AM, Mail said:

How many times does this need to be discussed? 

The point of the token system is to remove the pointless grinding for money to get the assets you need to roleplay, which is what you're suggesting. Pointless.

I don't know if you people realize this but life is nothing but grinding for money. The sad part is it's real life as well.

My suggestion would be to remove the stupid token system and make people work for it. Get rid of RS haul too. It doesn't further RP. Jobs like bus drivers, taxi drivers, and maintenance workers furthers RP. This also shoves people into Legal and Illegal RP.

It'd benefit illegal RP because you couldn't go RS haul for a few hours few minutes and have enough to buy a gun. Instead, you'd have to work a job and RP to get the money you need to buy a gun. In return, less guns = less gun violence. People would have to learn how to defend themselves in other ways until they could afford a gun. 

I'd benefit legal RP because more people would go out and get jobs such as PD, SEMC, FD, and other legal factions. - To which need people badly.

What would people do about a car? Take a fucking taxi or ride the goddamn bus like people without vehicles do.

What about a house? Rent a fucking hotel room or live in the bad side of town where rent is like $50 a payday.

~Side note~ I think getting $200 from the Govt. every payday is absolute bullshit too. You don't get shit from the government IRL if you're not doing shit. You can apply for food stamps, but that's useless here because WE DON'T FUCKING EAT IN GAME. You can apply for assisted income, but you actually have to verify you're trying to get a job and you have to be approved. ~

What if I don't want to quit RS haul and find a normal job because RS haul is easy and fast? What and the living fuck are you doing on a RP server if the only thing you want to do is RS haul til' you got enough money? Fucking get a job, obtain money by RPing and doing shit, and enjoy the server for what it is. A ROLEPLAY Server.

TL:DR: Warning. Contains graphic words that may offend you. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler

READ THE FUCKING POST YOU LAZY SHIT. THIS IS WHY OG SUCKS. YOU WON'T TAKE THE FUCKING TIME TO ACTUALLY READ.

16 minutes ago, PoisonStream said:

I don't know if you people realize this but life is nothing but grinding for money. The sad part is it's real life as well.

My suggestion would be to remove the stupid token system and make people work for it. Get rid of RS haul too. It doesn't further RP. Jobs like bus drivers, taxi drivers, and maintenance workers furthers RP. This also shoves people into Legal and Illegal RP.

It'd benefit illegal RP because you couldn't go RS haul for a few hours few minutes and have enough to buy a gun. Instead, you'd have to work a job and RP to get the money you need to buy a gun. In return, less guns = less gun violence. People would have to learn how to defend themselves in other ways until they could afford a gun. 

I'd benefit legal RP because more people would go out and get jobs such as PD, SEMC, FD, and other legal factions. - To which need people badly.

What would people do about a car? Take a fucking taxi or ride the goddamn bus like people without vehicles do.

What about a house? Rent a fucking hotel room or live in the bad side of town where rent is like $50 a payday.

~Side note~ I think getting $200 from the Govt. every payday is absolute bullshit too. You don't get shit from the government IRL if you're not doing shit. You can apply for food stamps, but that's useless here because WE DON'T FUCKING EAT IN GAME. You can apply for assisted income, but you actually have to verify you're trying to get a job and you have to be approved. ~

What if I don't want to quit RS haul and find a normal job because RS haul is easy and fast? What and the living fuck are you doing on a RP server if the only thing you want to do is RS haul til' you got enough money? Fucking get a job, obtain money by RPing and doing shit, and enjoy the server for what it is. A ROLEPLAY Server.

TL:DR: Warning. Contains graphic words that may offend you. Read at your own risk.

Reveal hidden contents

READ THE FUCKING POST YOU LAZY SHIT. THIS IS WHY OG SUCKS. YOU WON'T TAKE THE FUCKING TIME TO ACTUALLY READ.

This is a video-game roleplay server, it's not a substitute for real life.

I don't know why people have some sort of weird obsession for making people "work" in a game. Roleplay is about story-telling/narrative and nothing else.

Not everyone wants to roleplay a character that's starting from the bottom like they've  just made a new character on World of Warcraft. The token system enables greater character diversity in that it allows the execution of all different types of characters (poor teenagers, middle class middle aged people and so on).

Forcing people to join factions they aren't interested in just to get some money isn't good for anyone. Those that are forced to do so will just quit and play another game and those in the faction that are actually interested in the roleplay will just be surrounded by paycheque farmers who don't give a shit for their roleplay.

There has not been one  good argument made for the removal of the token system. It's always just asset obsessed people crying about people getting virtual shit "for free" as if any of the virtual assets in this game actually have some value outside the game.

Anyways I'm going to just leave this here because it should be posted in every single one of these awful threads demanding the removal of the best feature of this server:

On 4/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, LokiHavok said:

Not everyone starts off in life HOMELESS and WITHOUT A VEHICLE.

The token system is meant to simulate this.

This game is a form of entertainment. Who wants to grind RS Haul in order to have the basics?

How does doing this create any roleplay for anyone?

In the end, the token system does more good than harm.