Gonxp

[Mud/Dirt on license plates.] - New Rule

New rule.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be added?

• Yes.
    • No.

Script that removes SOME characters from the plate to replicate it being covered by dirt would be a much better alternative, of course toggled via an administrator who supervises it all. I recommend the script route because having the entire plate removed will only raise rather obvious suspicion, when in reality it's just a plate covered in dirt and not a vehicle missing a plate.

By creating this inconsistent and unrealistic rule suggesting that it should entirely remove the plate isn't really fixing anything at all. If you'd really want to fix it, you would still have the plate present instead of its lack of presence being a complete giveaway and just another way to dumb things down for either law enforcement or people reporting suspects to them.

Intricacy creates interesting roleplay, sure it's another script job but I'd rather have it be like that than this.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

Script that removes SOME characters from the plate to replicate it being covered by dirt would be a much better alternative, of course toggled via an administrator who supervises it all. I recommend the script route because having the entire plate removed will only raise rather obvious suspicion, when in reality it's just a plate covered in dirt and not a vehicle missing a plate.

By creating this inconsistent and unrealistic rule suggesting that it should entirely remove the plate isn't really fixing anything at all. If you'd really want to fix it, you would still have the plate present instead of its lack of presence being a complete giveaway and just another way to dumb things down for either law enforcement or people reporting suspects to them.

Intricacy creates interesting roleplay, sure it's another script job but I'd rather have it be like that than this.

People would MG anyway, that's true

26 minutes ago, ResidentPeach said:

It's a decent idea, although never was stated on the thread about removing the plates, my idea is it to be an admin aproved/involved matter, now it's up to them if they want to fully remove the plate or as you said leave a couple characters.

My issue is that people will abuse the script per say, so if you have good reasoning and realistic roleplay it'll be accepted. So, there isn't a large mass of players going for it. 

Make sure to read the suggestions next time you comment though.

ET: But that's a nice idea, would like to see it discussed/implemented.

Edited by Gonxp

1 minute ago, Gonxp said:

Make sure to read the suggestions next time you comment though.

Did I quote you or anyone else chopsy big tits? No it was broadly spoken wasn't it, as in I've taken into account what everybody on the thread has said so far and come up with a remedy of my own to be a somewhat more of a plausible solution in comparison. Sorry for sharing an opinion that pickled your onion sunshine, next time those big lugs are getting absolutely clattered if you lip up again.

• Like 2

No, if you think someone might be using the dirt on plates trick for PG you can always report them to an admin who can request to see logs. It's a meme but blocking/taking off plates is so easy it really shouldnt need to be toggled/supervised by an admin.

If your suggestion has "The player should report and get it enabled by an admin" you really should re-think it for a bit. Having to report something to an admin ALWAYS pauses the RP and begins the notorious waiting game. I'd rather not have someone wait anywhere from 3 to 60 minutes to have some mud applied on their plates.

1 hour ago, ResidentPeach said:

Did I quote you or anyone else chopsy big tits? No it was broadly spoken wasn't it, as in I've taken into account what everybody on the thread has said so far and come up with a remedy of my own to be a somewhat more of a plausible solution in comparison. Sorry for sharing an opinion that pickled your onion sunshine, next time those big lugs are getting absolutely clattered if you lip up again.

I only complimented your idea and yet you're acting like a butthurt 12 year old.

Edited by Gonxp
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nese said:

No, if you think someone might be using the dirt on plates trick for PG you can always report them to an admin who can request to see logs. It's a meme but blocking/taking off plates is so easy it really shouldnt need to be toggled/supervised by an admin.

If your suggestion has "The player should report and get it enabled by an admin" you really should re-think it for a bit. Having to report something to an admin ALWAYS pauses the RP and begins the notorious waiting game. I'd rather not have someone wait anywhere from 3 to 60 minutes to have some mud applied on their plates.

The point is that it is something that needs to looked in to, I am not going to pause a murder situation because I am not sure if the plates were roleplayed or not and if they were and we continue to RP them the other ends gets punished for MG. 

Of course it has to be approved by an admin, off roading on a sportbike for 5 minutes doesn't make your plates all dirty. So, either an admin reviews it and approves it and places a note on /veh or they don't RP it as having dirt on their plates.

Today for example, had a situation where I PM'ed the guy with unvisible plates if they were legit, he laughed at my face and blocked me, called an admin and the final veredict was that they would be visible. 

12 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I smell salt. 

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I can too /ed my bike without any RP and do whatever I desire with little to no detailed roleplay.

• Like 1

It's just a very low thing to do. Slap an /ed right there, most of the time without even going offroad ( saw people leave the dealership to go at stacks and just as they reach the parking lot, I press ALT and they already got mud on their plates mentioned ). It's not realistic to do that. Even with mud on the plates you can still see them IRL and I guess it's just people that want to get away with stuff they do ( and they don't ) and prevent being identified by PD. Such a failure. I approve and support this. It's pathetic to /ed that 24/7 on so many levels, not to mention that if you offroad there's a possibility you don't even get them muddy. Like the chopper ( freeway ) that has the plate ON THE WHEEL FENDER and I've seen so many people rp " mud " like they offroad 24/7 in the heavy rains of Mawsynarm with a chopper or sports bike. Come on people what the hell? 

Edited by gopnik1919
Typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nese said:

This goes both ways for coppers and crims.

11 hours ago, Gonxp said:

I can too /ed my bike without any RP and do whatever I desire with little to no detailed roleplay.

I was the dude who laughed and then blocked you. The reason for that was I insulted your RP girlfriend, the only way you could get back at me was OOCly so you reported me for my plates. 

I don’t know where you get this idea that you’re some kind of roleplay sensei, and nobody else roleplays the shit they do. But it’s entertaining so fuck it. Maybe the problem at hand is people like you who get OOCly heated over IC situations mate.

Edited by Notorious
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Notorious said:

I was the dude who laughed and then blocked you. The reason for that was I insulted your RP girlfriend, the only way you could get back at me was OOCly so you reported me for my plates. 

I don’t know where you get this idea that you’re some kind of roleplay sensei, and nobody else roleplays the shit they do. But it’s entertaining so fuck it. Maybe the problem at hand is people like you who get OOCly heated over IC situations mate.

You're fake news. I asked you OOC'ly so I could have your plates IC for IC reasons, and guess what I would have been able to read them, hence why I called an admin. Because most players powergamer. 

Basically, you go around provoking people and you ran over a dead body without any proper roleplay, so that tells alot about you. Your toxicity is what this comunity doesn't need, but who am I to judge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daabas said:

I think we should all change over to the legal side and start roleplaying as officers. Why roleplay illegal if everything you need to do has to be supervised by admins?

It goes both ways. If players didn't abuse the script this wouldn't be a problem. Because everone wants to win without any effort. And legal roleplayers need admin supervision, for example, when SWAT breach interiors it must be supervised just like everyone else. Feel free to use constructive criticism and share your ideas.

1 hour ago, Chillz said:

yea hi can i plz rp having mud on my bike

make a uat contact

Special character rules are the same.