Renny

[General] - Enable /nearbyitems and /moveitem for players.

Yay or nay?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to save time and have this feature added as a QoL change?

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Enable /nearbyitems and /moveitem for players.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
/nearbyitems (or Owl's equivalent) lets you see nearby items with their IDs, and /moveitem <id> lets you move that item with the same ID. This allows you to move those items when you can't see them popping up on mouse-over, or if they're stuck in a wall for example.

What are the advantages?-
Reduces the amount of reports for stuck items, and lets Admins focus on more important reports.

What are the disadvantages?-

People may use it to fuck around with unprotected items (or ones without permissions set). Though it would be the same if they were to use the context menu 'Move' button.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Already in the game?

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Permissions for commands should be relatively easy to set.

Edited by Renny
  • Like 4

Fuck no, if I purposely map a spot in my map where I can hide something very important to prevent robbery then some criminal just abuses the fucking command to see and pick the item up himself, fuck that, big fucking NO, this is useless, decreases report rate? maybe, but admins are aware of their responsibilites before applying, so don't make the most commonly used "advantage" (I call it an excuse) to allow a command that fucks over people, if you got a problem with your item, then report goddamn it, if you're just going to make every single suggestion to "decrease reports" and they get accepted, what would be the use of an admin except to supervise RP? nothing, get the fucking point dog. -1

PS: I'm not hating and I don't intend to be agressive, if you feel that I am, then you're reading this, but if you're a fucking retard and don't understand, then I hope you seek help soon

:) 

• Like 1

I understand why people say that it can be “abused”, but not really. You can already hide things in walls with the right click and move, then just get it out by lying to an admin and saying it was accidental or it was glitched. For the people who say that people can move their stuff out of hidden areas, it will be obvious if that was done and if roleplay wasn’t done.

17 minutes ago, Radhwan said:

it was a joke you just can't tell.

On another note, since this retard doesn't understand what I'm trying to say, basically @Renny suggestion you made is good but the flaws aren't covered up, this suggestion has alot of flaws that can hardly be detected, this can be heavily abused and exploited.

Could of said that in the first place. Just saying. 

This would be cool, but I gotta agree with the rest, this is very abuseable. Also increases MG. -1

Keep your arguments away from script suggestions, especially when they derail the whole topic. If you can't be mature enough to comment something sensible and not flame other players, then don't post at all. 

On topic. The idea of /nearbyitems could be heavily abused, so I don't think that's a good idea. /moveitem could be good, though not in the outside world.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hurley said:

Keep your arguments away from script suggestions, especially when they derail the whole topic. If you can't be mature enough to comment something sensible and not flame other players, then don't post at all. 

On topic. The idea of /nearbyitems could be heavily abused, so I don't think that's a good idea. /moveitem could be good, though not in the outside world.

In my opinion, both should work only inside interiors and exclusively for the interior owner, if you are not the interior owner the commands should not work. What do you think about it? You said that /nearbyitems can be heavily abused, but if it is restricted to interior owner only how can it be abused? I trying to figure how but can't xD that's why I'm asking. Also, you should only be able to move items (if you are the interior owner) that are not admin locked.

3 hours ago, Hurley said:

Hm, what if only /moveitem is added, as long as the item's ID is show in chat when you place it down?

13 minutes ago, Renny said:

Hm, what if only /moveitem is added, as long as the item's ID is show in chat when you place it down?

Players would easily be able to move their items under their interior and then move them back when they need them again. This can still be abused because players can literally hide their items anywhere outside of the interior so nobody can find them when robbing/searching the place.

I don't understand why right clicking and moving the item that way isnt enough? Items are rarely stuck under interiors and this wouldn't be much improvement. 

30 minutes ago, SuperM said:

In my opinion, both should work only inside interiors and exclusively for the interior owner, if you are not the interior owner the commands should not work. What do you think about it? You said that /nearbyitems can be heavily abused, but if it is restricted to interior owner only how can it be abused? I trying to figure how but can't xD that's why I'm asking. Also, you should only be able to move items (if you are the interior owner) that are not admin locked.

/nearbyitems is fine for the interior owner but useless without /moveitem, which I am against unrestricting.

• Like 1