Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmob85

Getting rid of lag on Owl?

Hey fellas,

my main rig just died on me recently and now I only got my laptop for gaming.

Sepcs:

Intel i3 5005U (@2.0 GHz)

4 GB DDR3L 1600MHz

nVidia GeForce 920M 2GB

Most of the time I don't have trouble driving around, the average FPS is 30-40. Sometimes, however, the FPS drop below 20 for no apparent reasons and it really ruins my chances when driving. It even hangs for 2-3 seconds just to make things worse.

What shall I do to improve performance on my laptop? This machine is even capable of running GTA V and now I'm planning to add an extra 4 GB memory. Do you think it'll fix the problem?

Are there any 'secret weapons' for this kind of lag on the server?

You should get an additional 4GB, whether Owl runs well or not. 4GB isn’t nearly enough and will help on some other aspects, too. I don’t really know about he issue on Owl, though. I think many of us get one to three second lag spikes in certain areas of the city and no solid fix has been found, that I have seen.

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

You should get an additional 4GB, whether Owl runs well or not. 4GB isn’t nearly enough and will help on some other aspects, too. I don’t really know about he issue on Owl, though. I think many of us get one to three second lag spikes in certain areas of the city and no solid fix has been found, that I have seen.

exactly this. Some areas i tend to have a sudden break for 2 or 3 secs until it goes back to normal. It gets better during night time though.

8 minutes ago, JDM said:

No no, stop.... You do not need additional 4 gb. GTA SA is such an old game, and even with owlgamings features etc 4 gb should be more than enough. 

36 minutes ago, JohnM said:

ou should get an additional 4GB, whether Owl runs well or not.

4GB is enough for GTA:SA, but really nothing else that has come out in recent years.

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

4GB is enough for GTA:SA, but really nothing else that has come out in recent years.

sir, 4 GB is MORE than enough for GTA:SA. 

384 MB is recommended, so you do the math to how much more 4 GB is.

Just now, Vincesportsman2 said:

It's enough for the base game, MTA (Owl Especially) adds a lot on in terms of memory requirement.

yes, I am just pointing it out so you can put it in perspective. My point was just 4 gb was more than enough for owl. 

Like others have said expand with an additional 4GB. Also, check the settings you have in the game and turn certain filters off - may make the aesthetics look slightly worse but it will improve the lag. Unfortunately, there is lag in certain areas of the map ( the Main one for me is perishing square!) but by adjusting filters you can certainly make things run smoother.

Yeah I don't think even NASA computers wouldn't lag on owlgaming. I get double FPS in gta 5 compared to this....But 4gb is a little short for any modern game so if anything, get some more ram :)

I have a ex-high-end gaming rig, I run GTA V with all experimental settings on ultra, yet Owlgaming tends to lag in certain places. The Owlgaming script is inefficient, most likely because SA was never meant to be played online or with so many scripts.