Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindScape

Can we discuss "Fullface, gloves" Immunity?

Alright so - let me start off with this - "Full-face helmet and gloves" immunity needs to be nerfed, or something needs to be done to stop this being a perfect disguise and no-traces-left option. It's honestly gotten to the point where every single criminal that wants to do anything without being identified just wears a full-face and basic gloves from the general store. And then admins go along with it, never giving them any form of hindrance to visibility or mobility, ect. They can shoot their gun perfectly fine, they can move and see perfect - It's like they're not wearing anything - but then something is completely 100% covering their face without any possible way of identifying them. 100% unidentifiable, 0 draw backs. That's not how it should work.. Full-face helmets have weight - they're not the most comfortable thing, and they for sure impair your vision AND hearing, a lot. And furthermore, gloves are basically being RP'd as sterile never touched gloves that leave no trace - which again is pretty bullshit. Any time a robbery or such happens and you get PD in on it, they "View CCTV" and see a full-face - instantly CCTV is worthless, no point in having it anymore... Then they hear the admin say "Had gloves, no finger prints" and they give up, and tell you "Sorry, perfect crime, nothing we can do, next time turn your lights on and maybe they will be scared and not rob you!"

Basically - Illegal RP for criminals is way too overpowered right now with this - It's impossible for PD to actually track down or investigate robberies, it's impossible to identify even a possible suspect in a robbery or anything after they perfectly steal everything from your house or garage or car, with a full-face on as if it was nothing and some dollar store gloves..

Thoughts? Discussion? I'm just honestly at my breaking point where playing on this server is no longer fun when these criminals have literally full immunity and no consequences and can just sit and try and rob a place over and over, the same area over and over, without any way for police to do anything unless they actually show up while the robbery is happening - which never. fucking. happens. It makes it so I never even want to log in anymore because I know someone is sitting there just WAITING to see if an owner of a house in Richman is online to target their property. 

From reading this it seems you've made this whole thread out of pure salt for maybe a recent crime that's happened to yourself realistically full-face helmets aren't very visible in but I will agree that when buying them there should be different types as not all helmets are blacked out.

Just now, DylanW said:

From reading this it seems you've made this whole thread out of pure salt for maybe a recent crime that's happened to yourself realistically full-face helmets aren't very visible in but I will agree that when buying them there should be different types as no all helmets are blacked out.

It's not in salt of a recent robbery - it's in salt of HEARING of all the recent robberies and such and listening to PD literally say nothing can be done cuz they're stuck with no evidence to deal with after an admin says "Fullface helmet, gloves! Not a trace!" - Which is literally horseshit. 

I mean the point of a full-faced helmet and gloves is for discretion. But at the end of the day it's not the only way to find a criminal, there is other ways which you could investigate to find your guy. For example going back to the crime scene and investigating their is almost always a mistake that the preparator leaves behind. 

Just now, MindScape00 said:

It's not in salt of a recent robbery - it's in salt of HEARING of all the recent robberies and such and listening to PD literally say nothing can be done cuz they're stuck with no evidence to deal with after an admin says "Fullface helmet, gloves! Not a trace!" - Which is literally horseshit. 

It's not always the criminals fault with PD a lot of evidence does get lost due to Admins not knowing how to inform PD. I've been on both sides of the role-play and it is very frustrating but it's not really the criminals fault for the admin not knowing how to inform PD.

Just now, Restrepo said:

I mean the point of a full-faced helmet and gloves is for discretion. But at the end of the day it's not the only way to find a criminal, there is other ways which you could investigate to find your guy. For example going back to the crime scene and investigating their is almost always a mistake that the preparator leaves behind. 

Like what? DNA evidence? Hairs are caught by the helmet and gloves leave no skin or finger prints, according to them every time.

Just now, DylanW said:

It's not always the criminals fault with PD a lot of evidence does get lost due to Admins not knowing how to inform PD. I've been on both sides of the role-play and it is very frustrating but it's not really the criminals fault for the admin not knowing how to inform PD.

That's exactly part of the discussion I am trying to bring up though. That and that something needs to be done to actually have drawbacks from using things like a full-face.

It s not about having your face covered or wearing gloves, Imho, admins should leave proper evidence after a proper robbery has taken place such as bullet casings, CCTV s that would ve caught the getawayvehicle and clothing items that make the robber distinguishible. 

It depends on who investigates the robbery. Criminals can be caught even with those "imunity" gloves and helmet

If PD actually tried to fucking do something other than traffic stops then the situation would be fine. Is it hard to ask what the robber was wearing during the time of the robbery? The height and weight of the player? Like Jesus fucking Christ use your head.

Majority of the people on this server use 1 skin, probably custom made without a doubt. Maybe 2 skins, one for general shit and a second is wmydrug, hoodied up with a bally on. It's not hard to catch someone by skin if they use the same one, Owl has a Dupont system in place to make everything look unique. If they didn't RPly take out the NPC, why can't the admin give a description of what the clerk would of witnessed? Vehicle model, colour, plates?

You honestly did not think this through.

2 minutes ago, Serx said:

Dont attack me for not knowing that but do we have crime scene investigation unit? Guess we need one for more RP and all that stuff MindScape mentioned about.

We do, it s called the Detective Department

Personally, my character strolls around in a suit and driver gloves. I don't bother masking his face because he's solid and it's a nice feeling knowing you're risking something than having to breeze through it because you're fully covered up like some geologist from Antartica. It's really up to the person roleplaying it, if they want your assets without risk, it's their choice.

2 minutes ago, MindScape00 said:

Like what? DNA evidence? Hairs are caught by the helmet and gloves leave no skin or finger prints, according to them every time.

• Gunshot Residue (If any)
  • Footsteps 
  • Bodily Fluids (Sweat, Saliva etc...)
  • Fibers (For any clothes)
  • Blood (If any)
  • Hair (Falls all the time and not just from your head)
  • Witnesses
  • Cameras 
  • Vehicles Involved (If any)

Tie your findings between the suspect himself and recent criminal activities more than one robbery could mean the same suspect striking over and over again, each time is more likely chance of him to leave behind a mistake and a bigger chance of you finding him.

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

We do, it s called the Detective Department

Well then they are not putting work, thats how it looks like. They got Access to latest tech and they cant even find a murderer or a mugger for wearing gloves & helmet? Sorry but something is legit wrong here. Instead of pulling over citizens for speeding in their unmarked curisers they should investigate, know what i am saying?

2 minutes ago, Restrepo said:
  • Gunshot Residue (If any)
  • Footsteps 
  • Bodily Fluids (Sweat, Saliva etc...)
  • Fibers (For any clothes)
  • Blood (If any)
  • Hair (Falls all the time and not just from your head)
  • Witnesses
  • Cameras 
  • Vehicles Involved (If any)

Tie your findings between the suspect himself and recent criminal activities more than one robbery could mean the same suspect striking over and over again, each time is more likely chance of him to leave behind a mistake and a bigger chance of you finding him.

We need admins that actually bother to do more than just "unlocked interior" and a PD that does more than "Kk it's been robbed, oh well, bye"  then.

Like yea - all that stuff SHOULD be happening - but no one on this server bothers with it.. or makes some excuse that there isn't any.

Just now, MindScape00 said:

I need admins that actually bother to do more than just "unlocked interior" and a PD that does more than "Kk it's been robbed, oh well, bye". 

Like yea - all that stuff SHOULD be happening - but no one on this server bothers with it.. or makes some excuse that there isn't any.

Then you should be voicing your complaint with a suggestion on the public forums or privately to higher administration. This isn't a matter of lack of evidence there is plenty of it, and from my point of view the staff are very helpful when I report and attempt to roleplay. So the resources are out there.

Just now, Serx said:

Well then they are not putting work, thats how it looks like. They got Access to latest tech and they cant even find a murderer or a mugger for wearing gloves & helmet? Sorry but something is legit wrong here. Instead of pulling over citizens for speeding in their unmarked curisers they should investigate, know what i am saying?

I do know what you re saying but there are cases that have been solved lately, sometimes it really depends on the person handling the case, just because some muggers haven t been caught now it doesn t mean that they won t be caught eventually. If a detective reads the handbook thoroughly and uses his head he will be able to solve the case, as I ve said, it depends on the person and on the administrator because he needs to make sure that he can provide the sufficent realistic evidence that would be left on the scene.

Just now, Restrepo said:

Then you should be voicing your complaint with a suggestion on the public forums or privately to higher administration. This isn't a matter of lack of evidence there is plenty of it, and from my point of view the staff are very helpful when I report and attempt to roleplay. So the resources are out there.

There's still a problem with "Fullface, gloves" though - they are using it as an umbrella to say they leave no evidence and literally any time I, or many, many others, have been on the robbed end, police give up when they hear that and don't even bother investigating because they already know the admin is going to say there's nothing - or because they're just to lazy.. And the fact that full-faces are being used with 0 draw backs is also still a major issue.

3 minutes ago, MindScape00 said:

There's still a problem with "Fullface, gloves" though - they are using it as an umbrella to say they leave no evidence and literally any time I, or many, many others, have been on the robbed end, police give up when they hear that and don't even bother investigating because they already know the admin is going to say there's nothing - or because they're just to lazy.. And the fact that full-faces are being used with 0 draw backs is also still a major issue.

Just one question, have you tried maybe going to PD Command themselfs on a OOC bases and voicing your compliment or maybe even the faction team because trust me I've seen it first hand when people complain about certain things and the next day we have new rules and regulations we have to abide by if the complainant was actually valid. Granted this stuff should already be happening. Also with the new faction team leadership change, I'm pretty sure they would love to hear what you have to say as they want to improve legal factions.

1 minute ago, Restrepo said:

Just one question, have you tried maybe going to PD Command themselfs on a OOC bases and voicing your compliment or maybe even the faction team because trust me I've seen it first hand when people complain about certain things and the next day we have new rules and regulations we have to abide by if the complainant was actually valid. Granted this stuff should already be happening. Also with the new faction team leadership change, I'm pretty sure they would love to hear what you have to say.

They're free to view this thread and take action if they decide to - but this is here for the community to discuss as well, because I know it's a bigger problem than just me and others are having the same thoughts and feelings, and others might have counters, like you do, ect. 

2 minutes ago, MindScape00 said:

They're free to view this thread and take action if they need to - but this is here for the community to discuss as well, because I know it's a bigger problem than just me and others are having the same thoughts and feelings, and others might have counters, like you do, ect. 

I don't counter it, just the way you approached might not be the most viable if you want to get your point across.

15 minutes ago, Law said:

Personally, my character strolls around in a suit and driver gloves. I don't bother masking his face because he's solid and it's a nice feeling knowing you're risking something than having to breeze through it because you're fully covered up like some geologist from Antartica. It's really up to the person roleplaying it, if they want your assets without risk, it's their choice.

"If they want your assets without risk" is literally the problem. That's not good RP? If 'stat-whores' are the ones who actually RP'd over time putting in hundreds or even thousands of hours into a character and then some guy comes along with 15 hours and wants their shit, with no risk, and are able to because PD and most admins aren't doing their job - and they just use 'full-face, gloves, no traces', who is the real 'stat-whore' then? And what's the point of even playing legal anymore then.. Might as well just all make random characters to go rob everything..

Just now, DrJoseEvil said:

If PD Give up after figuring out the suspect was full-faced n' gloves, then its a IC issue (them just being retarded). If you're smarter than PD, investigate it yourself ye?

Or better yet, go rob the robber. If PD can't catch the suspect then they can't catch you if you wear full-faced helmets and gloves (like you stated). Your IC character might have a different point of view on criminal activity but I am pretty sure he would turn around and just do what he has to do as law enforcement can't help him, so then he will have to take matters into his own hands.

2 minutes ago, DrJoseEvil said:

If PD Give up after figuring out the suspect was full-faced n' gloves, then its a IC issue (them just being retarded). If you're smarter than PD, investigate it yourself ye?

I don't agree. PD not actually doing shit is much more than an "IC issue" because it means there's problems in the fundamental workings of the actual server and balance between Illegal and Legal RP..

Just now, Lemonade319 said:

It doesn't need to be "Balanced" since this is not a competetive game. If you're failing to catch house robbers and there is some unstoppable wave of robberies, perhaps you should look at ways to tackle it more ICly, perhaps before it happens.

Like what? CCTV? Guard dogs? Automated Turrets that fire on entry without an electronic tag on you?